Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LIVING IN SPACE = changed from rags to riches.

Comments

• 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    So far, my entire house is furnished with dumpster recycling...except the bed, dining table and dresser. Two bookcases, a couch, three love seats, 3 end tables, lamps galore, Chairs everywhere, rugs, a nice desk and a fantastic high end television. I mean, who throws this stuff away?? :D Plus I found some appliances nobody wanted and sold them to buy a refrigerator and stove! There should be a LTW to earn 100,000 dumpster diving. You could call it Refurbished Revenue. B)

I say keep the kids digging until they either find a bed or something of equal value they can sell to buy one.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    yes my sims are looking for a bed. hope they find one soon.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It's too bad they're still teens, (young) adults sometimes get quite conveniant presents by secret admirers. My sim (not homeless anymore at that point but still not a rich man) got a quite comfortable bed that way.
    5JZ57S6.png
    First night in the new house for my sim. After a long day of moving and refurbishing all that furniture she falls into bed exhausted. Like many people unused to money management, she overspent and didn't install an alarm system. :| Very first night she got robbed. The burglar came right into the bedroom and stole her second hand laptop off the desk. The cop was too late and after he told her "tough luck" he stood around aimlessly and wouldn't let her go back to bed. Not that she could sleep after that. :'(
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Yeah. If push comes to shove, there is always the firehouse. It has beds, bathrooms, and a kitchen. Simmers sometimes forget about the firehouse. :D
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
    But the rules she is playing by say no sleeping off lot.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    But the rules she is playing by say no sleeping off lot.

Didn't know that. I guess that does make things harder. When I played a homeless sim part of the fun was sleeping off the lot in a sleeping bag, trying to find a decent area to lay down for the night.
    And I liked to make my sim invite himself in other households to be assured of a warm bed in winter. I never played a real challenge though ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
    Looks like the shack won, so here is the shack that I built for them. It does not have much of anything except what they had. They are still looking for beds.
    jfkpjb.jpg
    Glad they are in a shack, it is a blizzard out, has snowed for three days.
    v4qq39.jpg
    15sa0e8.jpg
    2vwsgt1.jpg
    My sims don't find to many big things in the dumpsters, do think that young adults find more important things then teens in the game. I am not sure. Still looking for beds, they can buy things if they have the money, but they are trying to save to build a 1 bedroom, with bath and full kitchen and living room. can't waste the money on things for the shack. I know that paintings are less money as teens. as it seems.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    My sims don't find to many big things in the dumpsters, do think that young adults find more important things then teens in the game. I am not sure. Still looking for beds, they can buy things if they have the money, but they are trying to save to build a 1 bedroom, with bath and full kitchen and living room. can't waste the money on things for the shack. I know that paintings are less money as teens. as it seems.

I'm not sure. It seems to play out like a hidden skill (although I don't think it is) in that the more my sims dumpster dive the more they find better stuff. My homeless teen actually earned quite a bit through dumpster diving, but part of that was due to NRaas Consigner allowing me to consign the stuff he found. My other teen who was homeless might have gotten a bed from the junkyard; I don't remember exactly. I haven't gotten many beds from dumpster diving. They do seem pretty rare.
    edited July 2017
    Love the shack, it looks like a safe shelter. And good thing they live in there now, with that blizzard (though I do see a very red plumbob there so they're not 100% comfortable yet by the looks of it ;)). You sure didn't make it easy on yourself making them teens! Poor kids...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited July 2017
    Ah...such kind-hearted people above... :D Alll voting for the shack...to get the poor sims out of the cold. ~evil grin~

Raises hand for the tent. :mrgreen:

Oh...well...too late... I'm glad they have the shack, considering the massive snowfall I'm seeing in the picture. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    thanks for the comments, they were in red plumbobs as they were in the snow first. thought they would freeze to death. They are now finally in the green, beside they were having a hard time to find something to eat in the snow, even the lake was frozen over, so no fish either. They finally found out they could eat at the Gym as it was free. Caught a couple of times by the police after hours. They are now doing well. surviving.
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    I love the shack! It really does look like something they could've built by themselves from gathering wood in the forest. What world are you playing in?
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    They got the shack just in time. Glad they are surviving! :)
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    I really like the shack. Just started a dumpster diving challenge myself. My sim just built her starter home using the money earned dumpster diving. Not really following anyone's rules for the challenge. Good luck with your gameplay and I will keep checking this thread for updates on how you are doing.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Must. Resist. Urge. To start. A new game. Resist, Kate. Be strong. We have so many games to play already. So many sims, Kate.

But we wantss to play some homeless teens, precious.
    giphy.gif

@Kateness DO IT! You know you must! Resistance is futile!
    @KATENESS It is addictive you can't resist, its like ice cream :D
    no kidding you will enjoy it. I love these teens. My rules are that they cannot get married unless they have a real house with 1 bedroom, a bath, kitchen, and living room. Home I can raise enough for a starter house.

Oh yes, new rule, Adult sims can move to new lots or world as long as everyone moves with them, No one can move out. remember you must have the money to do so. I found out you cannot add a house to a already existing lot, so this new rule has been added. You can move as much as you like. Plus there are so many wonderful worlds, want to have variety. So you can either build or download a lot.
    @Evalen your new rule gave me an idea. ;)

I think I am going to invent a new game called Who Wants to Live Forever and mods are recommended. You take one sim and start homeless. You build your life from nothing. You have a secret no one can find out. You are immortal! And when your friends and family are at the end of their adult span and beginning to wonder why you don't age (or when you get bored), you have to leave everyone behind and move to a new city and start over from scratch again. You get one lifetime wish per world and reset completed wishes using MC. Traveler is recommended for moving but not necessary. For my rags to riches I am in Bridgeport in the 20's. When I get bored I think I will move to Twinbrook or Riverview to live through the 40s/50s. What do you think?
    @1need4kaffee Sounds interesting, Your sims could be a vampire and that is his secret, don't they live forever. It is nice sometimes to move to different worlds. like each new generation move. I might just try doing that in my game. That way it is a new game each generation.
    edited July 2017
    What a winter my sims went through, It was a blizzard every day until Sprintg Well it is Spring now and Both Dewey and Mary Ann have aged up to young adult. They are now married, Mary Ann was a little worried about buying a house as they were so expensive, Dewey told her not to worry that he would build one. Well Dewey spent a lot of time getting enough money to build. But he did build it. Mary Ann told Dewey we don't have much furniture, but Dewey assured her they would get some in the future. She was so happy that they now had a real bed and lights. Dewey was happy that they had a refrigerator and stove, but Mary Ann informed him she did not know how to cook. Dewey told her it was ok, that she would learn and they kissed.
    I am having a lot of fun with this couple, can't wait for them to have a child, but they will need another bed room.

Here are some pictures
    6f9qas.jpg
    2i2a9l4.jpg
    2gxo5ub.jpg
    105sc9c.jpg
    qpm7g8.jpg

• Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Aww they are so cute! Im really curious to see a baby haha