Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want to see patched in next?

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    All of those except weather because that will come with seasons Obviously.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Bug and other performance fixes.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,087 Member
    Swimming and boating in the ocean and lakes. Cars and homes with real garages.
  • Options
    PreslynnPreslynn Posts: 36 Member
    A WORLD!! I wouldn't even care if it's Newcrest again but with a different name, I need more room. Other than that, I will try not to repeat anything that has already been said.

A big one is more options to choose for the Sims at home when you are travelling with one of them. I cannot believe that a father, mother, grandmother etc. who is at home with a toddler cannot "care for toddler" but lets them starve and stink just like the daycare does. Why would I hire a nanny if a parent is at home? I want the parent to care for the toddler. I also wish I could select other "boring" tasks for the Sims at home to do so I don't have to go home to sit and watch them work on their work assignments, homework, cooking and skilling should show up every time unless the Sim is too uncomfortable. It's really random for me. Sometimes I have a Sim in a great mood who got started on several skills but no option for them to skill while I'm off lot. Coming home to see that mom has cooked a meal and the kid is halfway though his/her homework would make it feel more like they didn't just stare into space and wait for me to come back. Also, if I send someone out to fish or play guitar at the park and then go home to deal with the others, I want the option to make them raise their fishing or guitar skill without me having to stay there and stare at them when 5 others are at home. The only time that should not be an option is if the Sim is too uncomfortable.

This might be pushing it up I wish that I could send a Sim away to skill without even having to go with them. Such as sending them to the gym and they vanish like they do when going to work or school. Their fitness goes up and their hygiene goes down as if they are working out on the lot and when I want them to return, I just click "come home" and they are back. It's not so much that I have to see or be able to switch to everyone without a loading screen right away, I just want the illusion of them doing what I want them to.

I feel like both of these things would make the game more interesting to me because I don't have to come home from travelling and do all boring tasks like homework and cooking nor do I have to go with Sims to skill grind when more interesting things are going on at the home lot.

As for more minor stuff
    *Interactions other than chatting or pulling a face that aren't tied to objects. Slow dancing, holding hands while at the table, peek a boo for children and toddlers (the only thing previous toddlers could do but these ones can't is play with their siblings NOT tied to an object), play fighting, tag maybe even stuff like the pillow fights from Sims 2. I feel like everything other than chatting basically being tied to an object bothered me. When I had the "have three Sims play games" requirement on a party, two had to play chess and one computer games to fulfill that. Ever since this, this has really been bothering me.
    *Fix the Parenthood sack lunch animations. It's lazy. They are chopping salad and tomatoes for a Peanut Butter and Jelly and don't even put together the sandwich. Use the same one for all three options, but what is currently being used isn't working. Also if children can microwave a TV dinner, they can also smear peanut butter and jelly on a sandwich and make their own lunch.
    * I don't want every Sim that is generated to wear City Living clothes and have an Asian name.
    *The option to stop townies, other than necessary NPCs from spawning altogether. Also, can landlords please not be klepo? My klepo landlord stole all of my Sims painting and I could not keep her locked out.
    *Age spots for elders.
    *Private school with uniforms.
    * I don't want babies or toddlers vanishing from the lot to "go to daycare" when their parents leave but another adult in the household is still there. That adult can watch them.
    *When coming home from the hospital after having a baby, at least spawn the crib outside next to the mother, not in the house!! It drives me crazy.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    I think a Fear emotion would be the top of my wishlist for being patched in for free. I know it'd involve changing a lot, but I also believe it'd open up a lot of much-needed drama possibilities. TS4 can be a bit too utopia, which would be great to live in for real, but can make for a bit boring of a game.

I also think sim personalities will never quite seem believable without fear/anxiety. It's such an integral part of who we are and how we live in RL. To not have it leaves out a lot.

My problem with Tense is that it's too generic and it doesn't escalate enough. Having a corny "die of fear" could be a thing, which is something tense doesn't provide. Tense also doesn't really lead to autonomous behaviors that you'd think would be associated with trying to calm oneself down; just stuff like seeking out fun activities (I mean, low fun is tense). High fear could lead to autonomous actions like hiding in a closet or under a bed; seeking reassurance from another sim. A shivering, looking around wildly idle animation. Not to mention it'd just be fun to create content centered around fear; for example, a sim lashing out wildly and picking a fight because they're in a state of fearful paranoia, a vampire inducing extreme fear, a high logic sim creating a rational defense that temporarily deters fear, or reduces it over time, a trait that is afraid to leave the house, a trait that is brave and doesn't get scared by much.

So that would be my ideal, I think, before anything else major.

This makes sense to make it free if they ever implemented a new emotion. I think a whole bunch of people would like to see fear as an emotion.
    You blew my response away anyway.
    I'm kind of hoping they patch in a basic weather system (rain, lightening.. maybe not snow) when they do some sort of seasons GP or EP.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    They need to fix it so teens will quit leaving their homework on the tables. That's my annoyance of the day.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    > @The_SimScraper said:
    > So as of recently it seems that free content patches are slowing down/becoming smaller and it had me thinking; what else do we need patched in and what do I want patched in soon? I created a list of what I would like patched in next and it's as follows -
    > 1. Cars/Carpools/Bikes/School bus for teens and children
    > 2. Firefighters, Burglars, Cops and the social worker NPCs- along with private schools and the headmaster NPC
    > 3. Basic weather before seasons *rain, wind, cloudy days*
    > 4. Newspapers/landline calls
    > 5. New varied skin/hair and eye colours
    > 6. Another free world (maybe Oasis Springs style)
    > 7. An improved version of story progression *with on and off options*
    > 8. Different heights for walls/foundations on the same floor along with terrain/pond tools
    > 9. Baby improvements - no more object babies
    > 10. Likes and Dislikes/An attraction system
    > 11. BUG FIXES and improvements to the glitched townies and family tree feature
    >
    > What do you want added next in a free patch?
    I would love to see cars. Same with firefighters, cops, and criminals but I doubt we'll see them soon. I miss the attraction system. Newspaper and land lines are sorta out dated.

I highly doubt real babies, terrain tools, or weather will be patched in.
    Just my thoughts, though.

What I REALLY REALLY want are more stair options. L-shaped, U-shaped, spiral, and rounded grand entrance type stairs are my dreams. I wouldn't complain about anything if I got those.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I thought of some more. I know hair color has been talked about but specifically light brown and/or mouse brown... and the take care of kids away action.

BUUUT the make bed option would be nice to have.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I feel like #2 is long overdue. We need more empty worlds, too.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    In Bed Animations.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2017
    Name changes with marriage
    Infants out of the bed & out on their own
    body hair
    a "get to work" interaction for hired help
    Supernaturals fixed in CAS like they were in S3 so that you can choose vampire, ghost ect. and use it on Bin sims
    likes, dislikes fav. color,fav food, fav music(I always liked doing this even though it didn't impact the game in S3 much)

Girlfriend, Boyfriend, fiancée lables in CAS like in S3, so that you don't either have to have them married or have to waste time upping to that part.

I see people talk about bugs all the time, but my game works fine. I noticed that the pizza might get cancelled out, but I just put it in as the only command for the sim placing it. Also, not sure it is a bug or on purpose, but toddlers can get out of highchairs themselves and adults will try to take them out and even cancel out my commands to do so with no way to stop them once they get started. I also use no mods./cc Half way into the S3, I had no cc/mods and my game worked great.
    DeKay wrote: »
    Piercings like nose or lip piercings that was speculated some days ago.

I would like this; it makes the sims more diverse. :)

beville wrote: »
    More fall and winter items !

Seasons is the EP I want the most, then farming, then University. Would love a reason to put on all those long sleeves they gave us with no season to use them in. Even from basegame, I couldn't understand the long sleeves when all we had was summer. :)
  • Options
    LoverGal623LoverGal623 Posts: 47 Member
    Firefighters, police, etc.

For my Sim NOT to have a huge baby bump the second the pregnancy test is positive. Kinda kills the progression. I could have sworn it wasn't always like that...who knows.

More land space!

Different types of apartments (townhouses, ground level apartments, apartments over top of stuff, etc) and the ability to build them
    Updated family tree with less culling and more assignments for relationships in CAS. Also recognized in law, step-, etc relationships. Give me my story family titles back! :'(
  • Options
    Girl/Boyfriend/Fiancie and best friend in cas,shower woohoo and in bed animations.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would rather see a big patch for bugs in the game than free content. But as a wish list, for 'free' content, I would like to see terrain tools which would finally allows players to build multi buildings without having a foundation requirement under all of them. And a neighborhood edit tool to say the least. Sometimes, those palm trees and pink trees need to go. Sometimes, those fake backdrops could use a make over.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    I think a Fear emotion would be the top of my wishlist for being patched in for free. I know it'd involve changing a lot, but I also believe it'd open up a lot of much-needed drama possibilities. TS4 can be a bit too utopia, which would be great to live in for real, but can make for a bit boring of a game.

I also think sim personalities will never quite seem believable without fear/anxiety. It's such an integral part of who we are and how we live in RL. To not have it leaves out a lot.

My problem with Tense is that it's too generic and it doesn't escalate enough. Having a corny "die of fear" could be a thing, which is something tense doesn't provide. Tense also doesn't really lead to autonomous behaviors that you'd think would be associated with trying to calm oneself down; just stuff like seeking out fun activities (I mean, low fun is tense). High fear could lead to autonomous actions like hiding in a closet or under a bed; seeking reassurance from another sim. A shivering, looking around wildly idle animation. Not to mention it'd just be fun to create content centered around fear; for example, a sim lashing out wildly and picking a fight because they're in a state of fearful paranoia, a vampire inducing extreme fear, a high logic sim creating a rational defense that temporarily deters fear, or reduces it over time, a trait that is afraid to leave the house, a trait that is brave and doesn't get scared by much.

So that would be my ideal, I think, before anything else major.

This makes sense to make it free if they ever implemented a new emotion. I think a whole bunch of people would like to see fear as an emotion.
    You blew my response away anyway.
    I'm kind of hoping they patch in a basic weather system (rain, lightening.. maybe not snow) when they do some sort of seasons GP or EP.

I want fear as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    edited August 2017
    1. Preteens / Middleschoolers (in conjunction with an upgrade for the current teens for an high-school, college EP)
    2. Random Animations pack that make the Sims feel more alive
    3. Advanced Romance/ Friendship System which actually poses any challenge
    4. AI Upgrade, act more human and more sane
    5. Setting for longer days, actually make it from the kitchen to the toilet and back before starving
  • Options
    Nelus wrote: »
    1. Preteens / Middleschoolers (in conjunction with an upgrade for the current teens for an high-school, college EP)
    2. Random Animations pack that make the Sims feel more alive
    3. Advanced Romance/ Friendship System which actually poses any challenge
    4. AI Upgrade, act more human and more sane

4 and 2 won't happen. 4 won't happen because of the game engine and 2 won't happen cause they won't just release an animations pack. Wish they would though.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Besides bug fixes (they should always be the top priority) i would like to see more basic careers like education, military, all that jazz thats become a staple of careers over the years sims games existed. I think we deserve them for free. Careers base game style dont seem like a hassle to create and implement so i think its quite possible well get them.

Also carpool animations.
  • Options
    Story progression like we had in TS3 with Twallen's Mod.
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'd really like for death and ghosts to be fixed up. When my sim's mom dies, she shouldn't be calling him and inviting him out to a bar. That's not right, man. She's still in his relationship bar too, but that will eventually get clogged up my ghosts. That should only show when the ghost in haunting the lot, if you ask me.

Also, Sims (above the age of toddlers) should be really sad when someone they care about passes away, especially if they live in the same household (might be different for evil sims though?). My sim should cry because his mom passed away, or at least get a phone call from someone else living with her before she dies.

Townie ghosts should pass on and not show up in your game (I've hear other people here say that happens). If my sim's friend dies without a gravestone, they should just pass on to the Netherworld. Let them have some peace, man.

This would tie in nicely with a fear emotion too, as I've seen written in here previously (I want it too!). Most sims would probably be terrified if they saw a ghost (maybe not, depending on their traits or relationship status with the ghost in question).

Also, if there's a Pets expansion coming, this ghost stuff should apply (because pets die too :'( ) However, it would be really cool if dogs and cats had special interaction or animation if a ghost decides to haunt the lot because hasn't everyone heard of someone's dog howling or their cat acting strange suddenly for no apparent reason? Perhaps they can see the ghost. They might be scared (depending on their traits) or they might be really happy if that ghost Sim was their "master." Same goes for ghost pets. A child sim might be really happy to play fetch with their old friend Rover who decided to "visit" one night.

Bug fixes and general game performance stuff would be great too, though :)
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'd like to see it not break anything.
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    Carpool, Firefighters, Burglars, Cops asap
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Fixing flea market issues is a must for me. I'm so tired of going to the flea market only to see empty tables other than lamps. Where did all the collectibles go?? Free boxes haven't been showing up for me in like forever, but suddenly the protesters are back so I'm glad. Lighting needs fixed even though it was supposed to be fixed on the last patch or two. I set them a certain brightness and they stay that way until the next time a Sim enters the room then it goes right back up to being blazing bright. Weird outfits in festivals. Sorry Darth Maul, you shouldn't be around the Romance Festival in a tux even though I'm sure siths need love too. In fact, fix all of City Living. From what I understand it's a mess and my dramas are just a few of the problems. I wish they'd add stuff to where married couples actually know they're married and stop with the random flirty nonsense to people they don't even know. More animations romance wise is a must too...slow dancing, hand holding, snuggling in bed. Can they also have it where couples actually go for a walk together someplace? And I mean like a walk, not jog after each other all over the map. Stopping the dish washing for 10 minutes would be nice and even better if they stopped walking a mile to wash that dish when a sink is right next to them in the kitchen. Long lag in between actions needs to stop too, but then again maybe I need to clean out their inventories some more.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Carpool, Firefighters, Burglars, Cops asap

I agree except we already have cops I just want burglars so we can have gtw actually get a suspect and take them to jail that would be so awesome or a burglar robs your house you call the cops and you see your other sim whose the police come and take the robber away and whenever your the police Sim again you go to work and see the robber they caught sitting in jail.
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    1. Slow dancing for couples
    2. Baby carrier so you can take your babies out
    3. Pushcairs for babies and toddlers

4. When travelling to a different lot with one sim, be able to make the sims left behind complete actions like: do homework, complete school project, do x task (whatever task needs to be completed for their career) etc. so that it counts while you are away, just like how you can have them up their skills while you are away.

5. More hair and eye colours, specifically amber eyes (very light brown) and to be able to add white streaks to any hair colour for elders. Currently, the only salt'n'pepper hair is for medium brown hair.

6. Choose your own unnatural colours for ombre hair. Actually, the ability to make any hair style have an ombre colour, not just the style Candy Behr has (and a couple of other styles, only one of which I like). So for example you can select black hair as the primary natural colour, the maybe check ombre and select the secondary unnatural colour of your own choosing.

7. The ability to put jewellery on the hand you want it to be on. Also, the option to have just one ear with an earring for any style of earring.
    8. Private school and boarding school (where will the rich kids meet other rich kids?) Snobs can't mix with the lower classes.
    9. Cars and motorbikes.

10. Many more styles of stairs, especially switchback stairs, spiral stairs and other shapes.
    11. A mall that has different activities in it, like a cinema, shops, fast-food joint, bowling alley, all on one lot.
    12. Waist-length hair.

13. Toddler paddling pools and sand pits.
    14. Toddler baths so you don't have to buy a bath to clean them (just like how they don't need a toilet but use a potty instead). This is especially useful if you live in a small space and don't want to waste that space on baths, you can't clean the toddler otherwise.

15. Interaction to ask sims if they have children, like how you can find out a sim's spouse if you ask them if they are single even if you have never met the spouse. This is a great way to get new playmates for your kids.

16. Set dresscode for other lot types, not just restaurants. I want the default outfit for everyone to be "party" when at a nightclub.
    17. Nail polish.
    18. In female clothes, put all crop tops under one tab.