Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want to see patched in next?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    So as of recently it seems that free content patches are slowing down/becoming smaller and it had me thinking; what else do we need patched in and what do I want patched in soon? I created a list of what I would like patched in next and it's as follows -
    1. Cars/Carpools/Bikes/School bus for teens and children
    2. Firefighters, Burglars, Cops and the social worker NPCs- along with private schools and the headmaster NPC
    3. Basic weather before seasons *rain, wind, cloudy days*
    4. Newspapers/landline calls
    5. New varied skin/hair and eye colours
    6. Another free world (maybe Oasis Springs style)
    7. An improved version of story progression *with on and off options*
    8. Different heights for walls/foundations on the same floor along with terrain/pond tools
    9. Baby improvements - no more object babies
    10. Likes and Dislikes/An attraction system
    11. BUG FIXES and improvements to the glitched townies and family tree feature

What do you want added next in a free patch?
    A New World

Cars

In bed animations
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I wonder if SimGuruHouts would be over cars if they are bringing them back. Also maybe it's new stairs or garages. Fun to guess.
  • Options
    beville wrote: »
    More fall and winter items !

Yes.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    More natural hair colors, like NikSim's

I would love more hair colors. Since there is no CASt, they should at least give us more options.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    He replied again, so seems more likely...

Then what are you waiting for @SimGuruHouts ? What is the holdup? Tell us what is coming and prove that builders are not forgotten!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    He replied again, so seems more likely...

Well, that makes me feel a bit excited. If they would do more of this, maybe simmers wouldn't be so irritated all the time. It's all the secrets and closed doors, that make us feel, idk how to put it. . . Like we aren't included and shut out. Why keep it so secret? Its not like they have a competitor.

it's probably because whenever they give the community even an inch of information it gets blown out of proportion to the point that when whatever it is gets here, everyone's hyped themselves up about it so much that it ends up being a disappointment :p

If EA would give us definitive information as to what was coming, there would be little need for speculation. The franchise started out this way when Will Wright was at the helm and everyone was happy. The only way we can get information early today is through leaks. By allowing so much speculation in the Sims 4, there are sure to be a lot of unhappy people getting something different than what they were expecting. WHAT IS THE BIG SECRET???
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Since everyone else wants them, I'll support the idea of having a really big patch that addresses the game's bugs.

As for something new, I'm not sure. A Fear emotion would be nice.
  • Options
    MangoTangoTwistMangoTangoTwist Posts: 12 New Member
    Please fix the sims so they stop running for a glass of water every 5 minutes. Adult sims never stop watching Kids network on TV, also if you have a doll house on the property the adults keep running to play dolls all day. Unlock the Apartment features so we can make our own you did in past sims games I know it's possible. NOT everyone likes the High Rise Apartments or the limits on how we can use them. Packs that are missed by so many are University, Witches, Seasons, Pets, Variety of Vacation Spots, Seasons and Cars. I am not the only one who feels like so many useless packs are created before what we ask for. Please listen to us! I for one who own all the packs am getting very bored of the useless packs first being sold to us. They are cool but Not What We Wait For! :(
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I am probably discovering this way after everyone else but I started hosting parties and suddenly discovered that I could set the table with dinnerware, I think there were 3 options for different styles. Was this a recent patch or was it something I never discovered until now?
  • Options
    ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    Some thing people have mentioned as bugs I don't think are even bugs, but I'd love them to be fixed anyway.

I'd like school to not be useless. Should be a drop down of skills they can work on, or a preset mix. You know, like how real school works. For example, small motor gain (typing/PE), medium social gain (recess/group projects), medium mental gain (science/math class), small creative gains (art/music). Working hard or having higher grade would improve gains, while slacking off might increase social but not the other areas ect. Then for high school they could get gains in writing, music, painting, logic, fitness... As it is, school is a time waster that I have to carefully cancel each morning. =/
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I am probably discovering this way after everyone else but I started hosting parties and suddenly discovered that I could set the table with dinnerware, I think there were 3 options for different styles. Was this a recent patch or was it something I never discovered until now?

This was added with the Parenthood GP not patched into the game. Sims with good manners will frequently set the table autonomously.
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    Some new career options for the fitness aspiration would be nice - it's a bit sad that bodybuilder is the only option!
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    deemiles1992deemiles1992 Posts: 4 New Member
    Another New City
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Don't know if this has been said already (just read the thread title), but I would like new hairstyles (especially for toddlers).
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

This was added with the Parenthood GP not patched into the game. Sims with good manners will frequently set the table autonomously.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Besides the crazy outfits and name bugs...

Cars
    All NPCs in ONE patch
    For sims to stay on the freaking chair
    Lounge chairs
    At least swimable ponds
    New world or sell it idc , but a new world
    Fix for computer and cellphone obsession
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Also on the tweet he posted a pic of a toddler bug, like when they stretch? I would say is a hint for preteens but that would be too good. So no hype
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Sims getting water every 5 minutes was suppose to have been fixed several patches ago. I read it in one of the patch notes.
  • Options
    Sims getting water every 5 minutes was suppose to have been fixed several patches ago. I read it in one of the patch notes.

Really? My sim doesn't get water that often , but sims who have a key to the apartment leave water glasses all over the place.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

Yes I remember reading that too... but my sims are still constantly drinking water
  • Options
    StevieSaysStevieSays Posts: 207 Member
    I want the random crazy outfit bug fixed.

Yep! At least so that they change out of the outfits automatically and quit wearing them everywhere.
  • Options
    Jan1eJan1e Posts: 35 Member
    Bug fixes, yes please still have one family where the spice festival site doesn't clear no matter how long I leave them there or how many times they stay all night - annoying. Would love a way to stop vampires in particular, coming into worlds where I don't want them , fine if I could keep them in their own game as in a previous Sims (Sims2 I think). The expansion pack I want more than any other is University a life stage I want for my teens coming up to age up. (might have to stop playing them until it appears). So many opportunities for fun, mischief, career progression, meeting a soul mate etc. Always the most satisfying in the previous Sims games (I've been there from the first time that The Sims came out on Mac way back when! Not desperate for seasons it always came with bugs, but a subtle indication of change would be appreciated. A better vacation experience is also needed. I am afraid I became bored by Outdoor Retreat very quickly. It doesn't need to be Tomb Raider type like Sims3 just a variety like Sims2 perhaps - especially a seaside, swim, sunbathe, beach-combing, souvenir buying, fun experience. As you can see I think a lot about Sims my most fave game of all!
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited August 2017
    Since everyone else wants them, I'll support the idea of having a really big patch that addresses the game's bugs.

As for something new, I'm not sure. A Fear emotion would be nice.

See I was going to say the same thing, but a new emotion is too much at this point. For every emotion sims interact with objects differently. When they're tense they slam the fridge. When they're sad they get out of bed slowly. So think about everything they'd have to adjust for a new emotion. My hopes for that are very very dim.
    Post edited by JayandMeeka on
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    1. Preteens
    2. CAW
    3. Carpools... I don't mind paying for cars garages and driveways never been base game but carpools must be patched.
    4. Real babies unleashed from the bassinet
    5. Police Fireman and Burglars
    6. Body hair
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I think a Fear emotion would be the top of my wishlist for being patched in for free. I know it'd involve changing a lot, but I also believe it'd open up a lot of much-needed drama possibilities. TS4 can be a bit too utopia, which would be great to live in for real, but can make for a bit boring of a game.

I also think sim personalities will never quite seem believable without fear/anxiety. It's such an integral part of who we are and how we live in RL. To not have it leaves out a lot.

My problem with Tense is that it's too generic and it doesn't escalate enough. Having a corny "die of fear" could be a thing, which is something tense doesn't provide. Tense also doesn't really lead to autonomous behaviors that you'd think would be associated with trying to calm oneself down; just stuff like seeking out fun activities (I mean, low fun is tense). High fear could lead to autonomous actions like hiding in a closet or under a bed; seeking reassurance from another sim. A shivering, looking around wildly idle animation. Not to mention it'd just be fun to create content centered around fear; for example, a sim lashing out wildly and picking a fight because they're in a state of fearful paranoia, a vampire inducing extreme fear, a high logic sim creating a rational defense that temporarily deters fear, or reduces it over time, a trait that is afraid to leave the house, a trait that is brave and doesn't get scared by much.

So that would be my ideal, I think, before anything else major.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io