Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Friendly

First off doesn't eco friendly mean protecting the environment and saving money? How is washers and dryers doing either of those things. I also feel like this pack was advertised falsely and that we could have gotten a pack that was mainly focused on what it's meant to be. Laundry has no business being in an eco friendly pack and could have come later.
tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    First off doesn't eco friendly mean protecting the environment and saving money? How is washers and dryers doing either of those things. I also feel like this pack was advertised falsely and that we could have gotten a pack that was mainly focused on what it's meant to be. Laundry has no business being in an eco friendly pack and could have come later.
    Guess the same can be said about the Fitness pack, washers and dryers of yesteryear were the worst at wasting energy compared at what is available today. Also, washing by hand and drying using nature is eco-friendly and money saving as well.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2017
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Guess the same can be said about the Fitness pack, washers and dryers of yesteryear were the worst at wasting energy compared at what is available today. Also, washing by hand and drying using nature is eco-friendly and money saving as well.
    They won't give that to us they will end up giving us washers and dryers which is falsely advertising the pack as being eco friendly. I never felt the Fitness SP was falsely advertised lol How is it to you?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    washtub and clothesline is eco friendly. Mentioned being added.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2017
    Furniture that has nothing to do with Fitness, from what I see in the fitness pack there are less items that has anything to do with fitness. washers and dryers are and can be Eco-friendly today because it uses less electricity and lessens pollution and also uses less water than older washers and dryers. There are even washers and dryers that are labelled Eco-friendly, You can even google it if you wish. For me it is just a game and if it adds to how I play and what is available I am for it and it is cheap as well. Also HE(High Efficiency) washers are available today when they were not years ago. So in my book they do fall under Eco-friendly being they also save money. You can't look at washers and dryers at face value and say they are not.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited July 2017

No only mentioned, even included as one of the features of Laundry option (at gameplay poll)
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    edited July 2017
    That kinda depends on if the idea is to clean or not, because to kill germs you need to have water heated to around 60 degrees, so means in practice you would need to reheat water in a washtub too. There a reason why is health regulation demand you have dishwasher in commercial restaurants etc to get degrees high enough to kill germs. So if you do it in hand you would need to keep water warm enough to be effective, which will also cost energy less you heat water using wood logs over a fire. But on clothesline i agree with would be would be more easy on environment than using a dryer.

Btw, was a study a while back that actually surprised quite a lot, even myself to be honest. One biggest sinners in on energy bill is actually water pumps, you know to get cold water or heated water out from under the ground. It beat charging light balls to LED, avoiding having things on standby etc. So if one want to be really eco friendly it is on the area to try save, not letting water run while your washing yourself in shower, unless your cleaning soap off, not letting water run while brushing teeth till you need to flush etc.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am still against this pack because washer and dryers aren't needed . We could have had a good SP if they just included it in Parenthood.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited July 2017
    I also feel like this pack was advertised falsely and that we could have gotten a pack that was mainly focused on what it's meant to be. Laundry has no business being in an eco friendly pack and could have come later.

How can it have been falsely advertised when the "Eco Living Stuff" category, for the theme vote, specifically said "Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology, and solar energy." So it was actually expressly advertised that laundry would be one of the gameplay options we'd be voting on if this category one. That's pretty much the opposite of false advertising, lol.

It doesn't really matter whether laundry "could" have come later....theoretically, by that logic, everything in all 5 categories "could" have come as part of other packs. The reality is that they were very upfront with the fact that were voting from options that they had no current intention to include in other packs. So, yeah, maybe 2 years from now, laundry might have shown up in a pack but these were all options that were not otherwise part of their development plans.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited August 2017
    I dont know if we are actually going to get a washing machine, from the sounds of it it will be a wash tub and clothes line which are eco friendly. Ive only seen things mentioned about a wash tub. Nothing about an actual machine or dryer. If this is the case i wont be getting it as i would have liked having machines back.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Machines are part of it. They already described how it will work: this time you only need one hamper, not like before when you needed one in each room where the sims changed clothes.