Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origins Not Working?

Anybody else having trouble logging into origins today? It gets to the login page without anywhere to type and all I see is a weird sad face in the corner. I wanna play my game! :(
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    I just tried to log in again in Origin after I read your message and I don't have that problem. Maybe delete Origin and download it again?
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Can you play without logging into origins?
    RARAW wrote: »
    I just tried to log in again in Origin after I read your message and I don't have that problem. Maybe delete Origin and download it again?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    edited July 2017
    Can you play without logging into origins?
    RARAW wrote: »

No, you need to log into Origin to play it. Try to do basic stuff like restart your computer, download again Origin etc and see if the problem gets fix. If it doesn't get fixed come back and tell us I'm sure there are some brilliant players here who can try to help you.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Try clearing the Origin cache.
    Just remember to re-hide your hidden files and folders after. Here's how:
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/
    Worked for me when I couldn't log in.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I had to download and install a new version of Origin last night. I was trying to launch the game, but it hung up until the installation was complete.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I found out that if you buy an expansion pack for The Sims ... Origin stops working. At least for me that happens
  • Options
    DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    It seems like uninstalling origin and then reinstalling would be the solution but maybe not. I got some expansion packs recently which made it hang up, but it eventually downloaded and completed them.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I found out that if you buy an expansion pack for The Sims ... Origin stops working. At least for me that happens

Hello
    If you are still have issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.