SEPTEMBER 12 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4, see what issues were fixed.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Being cyberstalked for two years. Plz read Simgurus

I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about my case. If not, I'm sorry and please move it to the correct place.

Hello there dear simmers and simgurus

It is time to talk. It is time to let you all know what happened to me. Because I want you to become attentive to stalking and hacking accordingly to this community. English is not my native language so please be patient with me. I'm from Germany. I will try to write down everything I know in the best english I can tell. I know there is a lot of text and you may don't have too much time to read but I please you to read. It's the best you can do for me and for yourself.
Thank you in advance. :)

It all began in the gallery on this community two years ago. At that time I was in a bad mood because of a loss I had to bear. So I spent a lot of time with simming and sharing my creations on the gallery. But a few month later comments began to appear strange and weird to me, comments people had made to my creations or on my profile on the gallery. For example: Someone critizised a title I had given to a creation which I named Dropout Cabin. It wasn't the critique that bothered me it was the way the person commented. Cynical. The person critizised the title by making a bad joke of it. Not a funny one. My knowledge about english language was pretty forgotten at that time. However, if nothing more occured to me I would have forgot that comment nowadays. But several alike comments came and after a while I recognized that I was blocked by people on the gallery. I had no idea why. I had a weird comment too on my profile side here on the forums in which I was asked for support/help by someone. Being asked for support is nothing that can upsed me, I welcome everyone who is asking. But being asked for plum support seemed to have the intention of harm. Later, when I came back here to make a screen of it, every comment on my profile were deleted. Of course, this is not the worst. I know the vanishing could be caused by a techniqual issue during the changes of the forum. But it happend so many things to me that I righteously assume it was made with intention. I have also lost many followers I stood in touch with on the gallery once. And I got many I never met. Most time such people who keep their account anonym. The I discovered that mails I owned from my friend who died had been deleted by someone. And passwords were changed by someone.

I was so confused, sad and delusioned to that time that I couldn't even tell myself what happened to me. I used a notes app in my mobilephone as a kind of a diary; I didn't knew much about security settings. Maybe my fault. But it happened ( and still happen) not only on the sims plattform.
On facebook and Instagram too after it began here. I saw pictures on Instagram which were referring to my private writings, to my fotos on the phone or to what I've messaged on whats app to friends and family. Pictures I've seen mostly were about fire. The loss I had to bear at that time,
was the loss of a friend who died in a fire. On facebook I recognized an application app which was named "Kontakte" in english: Contacts. I never installed it on my facabook account.( By the way. Also I never used a general password for all of my accounts)
Another thing that happened on fb was when I booked an advertise for my little online shop I had on Dawanda (the european pendant to Etsy) Only a few arabian man saw and liked my sewed handmade items I offered. What on earth was going on?

On Instagram where I released lyrics in german and another artwork from me, I discovered a writer who seemed to write about me and my life.
It felt if I was going insane. His account was titled as Writer of Mistakes by AJ.Williams. But now it is unfortunalety deleted.
I got and loosed followers daily whoms native language were obviously english (I#m sure German is not a language spoken
by many in the world) or I got and lost those who were hairstylists, prostitutions, wedding planer....Also always such people who has thousands of followers or themselves followed many. Other things on Instagram and Facebook happened. Things I don't want report further now because the length of my texts would become a novel.

I will stay here. Because On the sims4 gallery all had began. Often when i locked out of Origin it was said to me "only one can play the game". But the game was installed only one time! Additional I have found sims and a house in my game which I didn't created. I play the game in german language but the house which was placed by someone was placed in english on the rabbithole. Also things were changed on my works in progress, my shells. Wheter sth. was added or deleted. After all those things I changed my nickname on the gallery many times, I deleted all my creations- also those which were favorized by Maxi's. I deleted all people from my friendlist on origin. And of course, I've checked my pc and mobilephone on virus, trojans, malware...often! My husband deinstalled and installed the operation system twice. I changed the adjustements on my mobilephone also on the apps often, I deleted unsecure apps and I have changed my mobile phone number lately also becauseI had found contacts on whats app from people I didn't knew. My daughter, too. Even from abroad. For the game I activated a second securitiy level on Origin but
still it was said form time to time "only one can play the game" I 've called the Ea services -more than only one time- and asked them how this can happen? No one had an answer for me. No solution. They say this "cant be" or "There is another one playing the game". The last consultant at the EA services I talked with send me a letter - such kind you get of always after a call- in there he gave me the advice to activate the second security level, I have told him that I already did though! :( But there was sth. that I can't forget he told me. During the conversation I asked him how many power a member of the EA have over the game. He said they can get into your account with a one-time-generated-password if there is a special case. He said also, that it is only allowed with the acceptance of the owner of the account. But what if there is someone who do it anyway- without any acceptance of any owner? Without my acceptance on my account! So I can't help it but wonder if there is a member of EA or even Maxi's who play a bad
game with me (and others)? I'm sorry to say this but this is the only answer I can imagine why all this happen to me. There is someone who has access to the player's account and do it in a large number. I#m also sure the person owns many accounts or has the ability to hijack them.
If you have a better idea, let me know please.

Round about a month or two ago after Istayed away from the game and gallery, from almost everything on the net I decided no longer to hide myself only because of that person who stalks and hacks me. We live in a digital era. I love the sims game and the community and I want to take part of it. So I reuploaded all my creations to the gallery again and began to let, at least, two people know about my case. Though it is still difficult for me to talk about something that lurks in the dark and do harm from a hidden place. I also mentioned in the description of one of my houses that I am stalked. But no one seemed to read.

Last week on Friday, I recognized another strange
thing again on the gallery. I took a look on the Maxi's fav's side and saw a sim creation which was claimed as mine. It was written "from you". I have never created those sims. Right in time I took a screen of it and sent to a friend's mail adress. On Origin I only wrote to her: I have sent you sth. Please take a look. Then we talked on the phone, a few minutes later she almost saw the same on the gallery. She saw two fav.'ed creations with zero likes and zero dl's which were claimed as hers. A technical issue? Maybe. But I don't think so. If any one of you have seen the same, please let me know. Last week a creator I admire, Silversimmer 007, uploaded a house. I downloaded it to explore. After I did I wanted to make a comment but it
wasn't in her cataloge anymore. I asked her where it was. She answered that it was still there. (By the way..a creation from me disappeared from my cataloge round about three weeks ago. (No I didn't delete!) Then, I figured out what happened. I couldn't see her creation because of my settings. In my adjustements on the game I had activated the option "hide reported objects". After I've changed the adjustement I could see her creation again. So someone had reported her creation. Why on earth has she been reported? Then I nominated her creation here in the forums for a fav. She got it the very next day. Sounds nice? Not to me anymore. The number of dl's of the fav.ed house lifted up to over 22.ooo. in less than a week. I'm not jeleaous of her fav. It was well deserved. Also I'm pretty creative myself.
I'm just wondering and reporting. Is it useless to mention that the fav's on my creations changes every day? It's not that I get more. I get less. When i comment someone's creation I get a fav.back almost right in time. But I'm sure not from the person I#ve commented before.

Recently I moved with the game to another pc because of better performance.
And because I finally figured out that there was an trojan on my laptop. I am sure it wasn't all the time there. So when I installed the game on the new pc I thought that things could get better now but they didn't. Some days ago I uploaded a new creation from me to the gallery. The next day I couldn't get access with my password. After I 've tried many times I changed the password. When I took a look on my new creation
I realized that there was a word in the discription I didn't wrote. It was a correction made by the person who stalks me secretely. I had originally wrote the word " object" but now it was changed to "item". Tell me how much fun one can have with this game anymore after all ?

Yesterday I created a sim which look similiar to a user's avi on the gallery because it inspired me. I didn't upload this creation.
It was only in my library. Today morning I followed the user I had crerated a sim of, on her chanel on youtube in the app: But it wasn't me who took action on this. Of course, I changed my passwords again!

It doesn't only plum. It destroys me. He/she destroys me. I'm sure the person has a huge number of accounts. Why is it allowed to have more than one account? I'm sure he can read my writings on Origin.
I#m convinced it is the same place where my mobilephonenumber was once taken when I exchanged with a friend two years ago. The mobilephonenumber which was secretely taken by a weak and insane person who uses masks to hide cowardly.
Someone who seems to hate me insanely. He/she is a narcisst/ psychopath and he/she plays different roles on a bad game. Those people have no empathy. He/she thinks I am his/her puppet. You can see that person's bad actions not in an obviously way because he/she acts in disguise. In a way I can hardly witness her/ his criminal actions against me.

This is what I wanted to let you know. To make you aware. After all I have become very sceptical about people on the net. But I try not to close my heart just because of a weak person who seeks satisfaction in destruction.
But it's time to talk to the police.

@SimGuruAzure @SimGuruAce @SimGuruAims @SimGuruArgus @SimGuruAleksey @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruArgus @SimGuruAlan @SimGuruAllender @SimGuruAntiGraham
@SimGuruBrent @SimGuruBChick @SimGuruBritt @SimGuruBeast @SimGuruBogey
@SimGuruCopeland @SimGuruCollin @SimGuruConnicus @SimGuruCoop
@SimGuruDrake
@SimGuruPanda
@SimGuruRusskii @SimGuruRachel @SimGuruRyan
@SimGuru_Vixit
@SimGuruJanitor
@SimGuruMeatball , @SimGuruLyndsay
@SimGuruGrant, @SimGuruDaniel, @SimGuruRiley, @SimGuruHolms, @SimGuruZephyr , @SimGuruJohn @SimGuruAntiGraham

Comments

• SurfChicCreationSurfChicCreation Posts: 16 New Member
    http://www.iceteks.com/articles.php/cyberstalking/1 I hope this can be helpful to you and also to others..so shocked to hear all that you are going through..no one should have to deal with this ever..big hugs and support to you ^_^
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 392 Member
    I think some of the things that was done, you think was done to you, while it wasn't, for example the comments on people's profiles on the forum do disappear after a while, it's not just you, it's everyone, it's not an EA employee going around to delete them on your profile to mess up with you.

I'm not saying that nothing was done to you, but maybe with the stress and everything you became to think that everything done was against you while for some things like the comments on your profile, it's normal, and done to everyone, they just disappear after some time.

So I would highly suggest to maybe seek professional help, cause you seem like you need it.

Could it be your daughter that just access your game to play, and maybe change your stuff without you knowing? (or your husband) I'm not saying they would do it in purpose to mess with you, but maybe one of them just want to play the game and use you account without you knowing it.

Also seem like you learned the lesson, but never put anything too personal online, if you want to write a diary just get a nice book, and write how you feel in it, that way you're sure no one will see it.

• ekat313ekat313 Posts: 9 New Member
    If you feel like you are being stalked and/or plum bullied: 1) Keep a detailed log of all these related incidents, such as date, time, when you log on, copy your descriptions, when you log on and log off, take screenshots of the alleged incidents, and save them to an external drive such as USB/CD-Rom and print them out on paper as well; 2) Please make sure you run your virus and/or malware update; 3) change your passwords frequently and use the two-step verification, 4) make a written complaint and keep copies of those logs onto a USB/CD drive and in paper form; 5) research your country's laws on stalking and plum bullying and see what it entails;6) notify Instagram and your current email provider by phone of the alleged incidents so that they may be able to monitor it; and 7) make a complaint to your local authorities such as police, and provide them with such evidence.

If this person destroyed your computer by way of virus, you may want to hold onto your receipt for your new computer and keep the old one for evidence.

It's better to keep a log in writing and have documentation so that you may have a better idea to present your documentation and information to others. Also, you may want to check to see if your family has access to your sims account. If so, please make them a detailed log of these incidents on paper and have them save onto an external drive, as mentioned above.

Please be careful of who you speak with over the internet, what you post, and document everything. I hope this helps you.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 19,077 Member
    Regarding the weird stuff in the Gallery, you might want to take down your lots for a bit, then upload them again in a few months. If you think someone is accessing your game without your permission, you could change your Origin password to something no one could ever guess (a combination of letters and numbers, including capital letters, and that will keep anyone you don't know from getting into your game and messing around.
    Regarding the weird stuff in the Gallery, you might want to take down your lots for a bit, then upload them again in a few months. If you think someone is accessing your game without your permission, you could change your Origin password to something no one could ever guess (a combination of letters and numbers, including capital letters, and that will keep anyone you don't know from getting into your game and messing around.

That, not saying it's the OP's case, but I know many people (friends and family) using 12345 as password (or the word password), not even joking, some of them got hacked, and then was upset about it, it's like c'mmon you're asking for it. As some people stock their passwords in their computer, just write it down on a paper if you cannot remember it. And also never use the same password for more than one thing, some people use the same password for everything which is not safe.

But yea people should never use passwords that can be guessed even by someone they know, if you think someone you know could guess it then your password is too easy, no names, birthdays or that kind of things, always use capital letters, not just one, and not the first letter, same for numbers, not just one, and not just at the end, also I'd say if someone uses words, to use an other language than English.

But other than that, the OP should be careful on what she download, the links that she click and that kind of stuff. Almost everyday I have people on my Facebook getting hack or getting a virus cause they click on stuff like ''GET A 50$ GIFT CARD FOR FREE, JUST CLICK HERE''. It's insane the amount of people that click on everything.

• RutsimaniaRutsimania Posts: 81 Member
    http://www.iceteks.com/articles.php/cyberstalking/1 I hope this can be helpful to you and also to others..so shocked to hear all that you are going through..no one should have to deal with this ever..big hugs and support to you ^_^

@ SurfChicCrecation
    Thank you for the link and Thank you for your supportive words - here and elsewhere. <3 :)

MissCherie wrote: »
    I think some of the things that was done, you think was done to you, while it wasn't, for example the comments on people's profiles on the forum do disappear after a while, it's not just you, it's everyone, it's not an EA employee going around to delete them on your profile to mess up with you.

I'm not saying that nothing was done to you, but maybe with the stress and everything you became to think that everything done was against you while for some things like the comments on your profile, it's normal, and done to everyone, they just disappear after some time.

So I would highly suggest to maybe seek professional help, cause you seem like you need it.

Could it be your daughter that just access your game to play, and maybe change your stuff without you knowing? (or your husband) I'm not saying they would do it in purpose to mess with you, but maybe one of them just want to play the game and use you account without you knowing it.

Also seem like you learned the lesson, but never put anything too personal online, if you want to write a diary just get a nice book, and write how you feel in it, that way you're sure no one will see it.

@ MissCherie

Did you read everything I wrote? If not, you may not answering my post.
    Please read again. If you did, you may want answer again:

I never said that comments were deleted.

It wasn't my bad imagination or something like that because of suffering or grief, why people blocked me or unfollowed me. Or why I got weird comments.
    This is exactly the way victims are treated mostly. It's the stalker in disguise from a hidden place
    who need professionel help.

It wasn't my daughter who changed things in my game or placed creations. I know exactly when She played the game by time and she plays rarely Sims4. Most of all: she doesn't know my password.
    My husband doesn't play the game at all. As you may read, the lot which was placed by someone was placed in english language. But I play the game in german.

I didn't put personal information about me online. Of course, I don't use any app for notes or texts anymore on my phone.
    That one I used once was supposed to be as a privat app and it was claimed as such with putting a password on it.

I have to do with a person with a narcisstic dissorder. Those people act in disguise and do harm to their victims secretely.
    No one sees because they play roles. Also they can't really argumenting or even have true conversations. (This is another reason why they hide by the way)
    Anyway- Thanks for reading this :)
    edited July 15
    ekat313 wrote: »
    If you feel like you are being stalked and/or plum bullied: 1) Keep a detailed log of all these related incidents, such as date, time, when you log on, copy your descriptions, when you log on and log off, take screenshots of the alleged incidents, and save them to an external drive such as USB/CD-Rom and print them out on paper as well; 2) Please make sure you run your virus and/or malware update; 3) change your passwords frequently and use the two-step verification, 4) make a written complaint and keep copies of those logs onto a USB/CD drive and in paper form; 5) research your country's laws on stalking and plum bullying and see what it entails;6) notify Instagram and your current email provider by phone of the alleged incidents so that they may be able to monitor it; and 7) make a complaint to your local authorities such as police, and provide them with such evidence.

If this person destroyed your computer by way of virus, you may want to hold onto your receipt for your new computer and keep the old one for evidence.

It's better to keep a log in writing and have documentation so that you may have a better idea to present your documentation and information to others. Also, you may want to check to see if your family has access to your sims account. If so, please make them a detailed log of these incidents on paper and have them save onto an external drive, as mentioned above.

Please be careful of who you speak with over the internet, what you post, and document everything. I hope this helps you.

@ekat313
    Thank you for your suggestions, support and good advices.:)
    As I wrote above, after I've recognized I'm stalked I did a lot on security settings.
    I think you understand me when I don#t write about the things I do to witness the stalking

@stilljustme2
    Of course I use a good password. After all it would be plum not to do so.
    As you may read my text, you could have known, that everything else you suggest I've done already.:)

I have to do with a person with a narcisstic dissorder. Those people act in disguise and do harm to their victims secretely.
    No one sees because they play roles. Also they can't really argumenting or even have true conversations. (This is another reason why they hide by the way)
    Anyway- Thanks for reading this :)

• BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 300 Member
    I don't know what to say other than I'm really sorry this is happening to you and I really hope it doesn't continue :(
    edited July 15

That, not saying it's the OP's case, but I know many people (friends and family) using 12345 as password (or the word password), not even joking, some of them got hacked, and then was upset about it, it's like c'mmon you're asking for it. As some people stock their passwords in their computer, just write it down on a paper if you cannot remember it. And also never use the same password for more than one thing, some people use the same password for everything which is not safe.

But yea people should never use passwords that can be guessed even by someone they know, if you think someone you know could guess it then your password is too easy, no names, birthdays or that kind of things, always use capital letters, not just one, and not the first letter, same for numbers, not just one, and not just at the end, also I'd say if someone uses words, to use an other language than English.

But other than that, the OP should be careful on what she download, the links that she click and that kind of stuff. Almost everyday I have people on my Facebook getting hack or getting a virus cause they click on stuff like ''GET A 50$ GIFT CARD FOR FREE, JUST CLICK HERE''. It's insane the amount of people that click on everything.

@MissCheerie
    I agree. You can get a virus by clicking stuff that is obviously a catching side. But nowadays you can get also a virus by clicking a vid that comes along as a harmles, innocent vid or even harmles images. everyone have to be careful. And what does mean OP? As I wrote I#m from Germany. So I don#t know what does this mean. Please explain. :)
    Post edited by Rutsimania on
    edited July 15
    I don't know what to say other than I'm really sorry this is happening to you and I really hope it doesn't continue :(

Thank you @BethanyShone for your kind words! :smile:

That word which is replaced with plum had no bad intension.

I answered to stilljustme2 correctly: After all it would be plum not to do so.
    Just to keep it clear.

@Stalking person who edit my texts: I have made screenshots!
    Post edited by Rutsimania on
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited July 15

People trying to steal your password are even more clever than that. Almost every day I get fake mails from places like Facebook, Origin or Apple. Those mails usually tell me that there is a problem with my account and that I therefore need to confirm my username and password by clicking on a link in the mail to login. But I never do that because I know that I then will be transferred to a fake site where I also give my login information to somebody who then will misuse my account.

Usually the link to the website seems to be OK. But if I look closer there is something that is changed. Maybe it says FacebookID.com, OriginID.com or AppleID.com instead of Facebook.com, Origin.com or Apple.com such that most people think that the links are OK. But I am quite sure that they aren't because I have never got any problems as long as I haven't used the links in any of such mails to "confirm my login information".

But beware of such clever attempts to steal information about your accounts!

Edit: I have also received similar mails that have asked me to click on the same kinds of links to "confirm information about my credit card" btw. But of course just ignored those mails too.
    Post edited by Erpe on
    @Erpe
    I know about that, Yes. I agree. Beware! I have changed my mailadress after all. I don't get such mails anymore. I'm convinced the person who stalks me did another things. Did you read that memebers of the customer service of EA can get on your account with an one-time-password? Thanks for informing people :)
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,011 Member
    @Rutsimania
    OP is short for the Original Post or Original Poster.
    And this forum has a censor that replaces some words with the word plum.
    edited July 15
    Rutsimania wrote: »
    @Erpe
    I know about that, Yes. I agree. Beware! I have changed my mailadress after all. I don't get such mails anymore. I'm convinced the person who stalks me did another things. Did you read that memebers of the customer service of EA can get on your account with an one-time-password? Thanks for informing people :)
    Changing you mail address only helps for a short time because the people behind such fake sites collect millions of mail addresses from a lot of sources. Then they put all those mail addresses into a mailing list, setup a fake website and uses the fake site both as a server to send identical mails to everybody in the mailing list. Even though most people likely don't respond they still get enough information in just a few hours to use and then they can take the fake site down again or just wait until somebody else do it.

Edit: But there aren't any serious problems as long as they only know your mail address which they likely get by making a robot collect all links to mail addresses on Facebook, twitter and similar places. If they want to use your Origin account to get all your games for free then they only have to send such mails to people who talks about TS4 on Facebook, Twitter or other similar places where they found the mail addresses.

Don't be afraid of this because your are safe as long as you don't "confirm" your password or credit card information (and don't use passwords that are too easy to just guess).
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 1,653 Member
    I'm sorry, but this entire thing comes off as outrageously paranoid.

You say your stalker once changed the word "object" to "item" in a post of yours....who does that?! Like let's imagine for a moment you have a hateful stalker that's maliciously trying to upset you and cause trouble. Why on earth would their selected course of action involve changing a single word out with a synonym, hoping you actually notice and remember the exact wording you used, and then just keep doing little things like that? Wouldn't someone trying to upset you be a little more blatant about it? Seems like a very weird, unbelievable strategy for a stalker.

What's more you say people unfollowed and blocked you. For that to be the work of a stalker, they would have to hack into the accounts of every single user account that did this. Not only would they need your password and user info, they'd need the info of every user. This would be a lot of work on their behalf without some automated system that cracks into the full user database here, and if they did that, surely it would've been caught by now or all of us would suddenly notice a spike in spam emails to our accounts or the like.

You've probably gotten trojans and viruses before and that would explain some of the odd behavior you've seen. Some people just aren't very computer savvy and don't know how to identify risks and viruses; I've had a roommate, neighbor and friend who all needed me to regularly purge their computers of malware because they just had no idea how to recognize a safe link from a bad one. You may be re-acquiring malware without realizing it.

And as for the other half of the examples....? I'm sorry, but as I said you sound very paranoid. I cannot picture anybody taking time out of their day to get into your account and change your descriptions in a non-destructive way, and that somehow this is how they choose to harass a person. Sounds like a massive waste of time on their part. Malicious people, hackers and jerks usually want some kind of pay-off. They want something to show for their efforts, whether it be information, money or seeing the reactions of the victim. I have a very hard time that this stalker supposedly chooses to change the word "object" to "item" as their preferred method of upsetting you to get a reaction.

Get a good virus scanner, learn what sites to avoid and what links not to click, and then calm it down a bit because a lot of this sounds very hard to believe that it's the work of a stalker.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited July 15
    I have to agree with @DeservedCriticism and @MissCherie 's first post. It seems as if you are being paranoid. People follow and unfollow people all the time. Sometimes so fast you don't even know it. This does not mean you are victim of stalking. Have you had any financial information stolen and used? This is what hackers are usually after.
    Have you reported to the police in your area. If you havent it would be a good idea for you to do so. Take your screenshots and other evidence to the police station and explain you think you may be being stalked and hacked. They can tell you what cyberstalkers and hackers do and if you are truly being victim to it. They can put your fears to rest.
    Also about the writer who wrote a piece seeming to be about your life. That is very common too. You haven't been through anything in your life that someone else has not experienced, and people deal with those experiences in different ways. I hear songs all the time that are seemingly about me. As to why it was deleted, who knows. Maybe the artist decided it wasn't good.
    Also I would talk to a counselor, a psychologist, or just your regular doctor. You have been through a traumatic experience and they can help you. Sometimes after a bad experience, our minds can be shaken up, so to speak. And it can help to talk to someone. There is nothing wrong or bad about it. People need help sometimes. I know I did, I got help, and now my life, and family is better for it.
    I didn't really read the OP's first message carefully. Instead I just commentated on how somebody can get your password and/or information on your credit card if you aren't careful.

Changing a word like "object" to "item" is something only a robot would do. Such robots are programs that usually automatically try to help with spelling of words and to suggest the right grammar. The robots aren't perfect though and sometimes their suggestions aren't very good.

There are also things in the OP's first message that most likely are just bugs. So I have to agree that Rutsimania's message mostly seems to be just paranoia.
  • Mchap353Mchap353 Posts: 1,927 Member
    OP: Are you still logged on onto Origin on your old PC with "Remember me" on or did you give your old PC to somebody else?

I got that message that the game was in use when changing computers once when I hadn't completely logged off on Origin and quit it properly on the old PC.

Get in touch with Origin and have an online chat with a techie and he can check whether your account has been hacked or not. I found my chat very helpful - and if you are going to have problems getting your questions typed quickly enough tell him so when he gets in touch with you. I got a bit stressed out until I told him not to go so fast!

I change my password every couple of months myself. You cannot be paranoid enough when using Origin, Twitter or Facebook.

I hope you sort out your problems satisfactorily.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,390 Member
    edited July 15
    It doesn't only plum. It destroys me. He/she destroys me. I'm sure the person has a huge number of accounts. Why is it allowed to have more than one account? I'm sure he can read my writings on Origin.
    I#m convinced it is the same place where my mobilephonenumber was once taken when I exchanged with a friend two years ago. The mobilephonenumber which was secretely taken by a weak and insane person who uses masks to hide cowardly.
    Someone who seems to hate me insanely. He/she is a narcisst/ psychopath and he/she plays different roles on a bad game. Those people have no empathy. He/she thinks I am his/her puppet. You can see that person's bad actions not in an obviously way because he/she acts in disguise. In a way I can hardly witness her/ his criminal actions against me.

This is what I wanted to let you know. To make you aware. After all I have become very sceptical about people on the net. But I try not to close my heart just because of a weak person who seeks satisfaction in destruction.
    But it's time to talk to the police.
    I'm not sure how difficult it is to do, but if you have reason to believe such a person has your phone number, I suggest getting it changed. It's possible that that would give them a level of access to passwords and such that they wouldn't otherwise be able to achieve.

Then after you've gotten the phone number changed, I'd suggest going through each account of yours again and set up a new (unique) password for each. Depending on how many different accounts you have across the internet, this may be a huge pain and a lot to remember, so I'd suggest writing them down on paper and keeping them somewhere safe. Once this is all setup, then you can re-apply any phone number authentication stuff, with the assurance that this person won't know what the number is.

If nothing else, doing so might give you some extra peace of mind.

Some of what you described could be garden-variety internet weirdness, but it's not as though security vulnerabilities aren't real. We live in a pretty plum age when it comes to how things are linked together and how easy it can be for someone to screw with you if they get past a deep enough layer of security. Plus, gaslighting (making you think you're going crazy) is one of the tactics the kind of manipulators you think you're being targeted by tend to use, so I'm inclined to think that regardless of whether all of what you've noticed is someone messing with you, some of it very well may be and part of their game is getting you to twitch at shadows, even when they aren't actually there.

If you can afford it / have the time for it, it might also help put your mind at ease to take some courses in c y b e r (had to space out the word to get past this forum censoring it for some reason) security. That way you'll have a better idea of how you can protect your stuff and a more clear picture of where security vulnerabilities begin and end.
  • Mchap353Mchap353 Posts: 1,927 Member
    OP: Most of those SimGurus have moved on and who is SimGuruAntiGraham - anybody know? Was he a real Guru?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 9,293 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    OP: Most of those SimGurus have moved on and who is SimGuruAntiGraham - anybody know? Was he a real Guru?

Well whoever SimGuruAntiGraham was, they got banned probably not long after making their account posing as a SimGuru which is against the forum rules to do.
  • SpicyfaceSpicyface Posts: 32 Member
    Sorry dear friends here ... All great contributions, but has someone even once thought about as someone feels, who is stalked over 2 years? But I have to take sides here for Rutsimania. I know her about the Origin-chat and telefon. And sure, you can do anything. You can go to the police, seek psychological help, or go to self-help groups. BUT ONLY, if you want it yourself and can muster the strength in this situation. This has nothing to do with paranoia (systematic delusion). This has something to do with fear.
    At first you do not realized at all that it might be stalking. This is something you only gradually become aware of.

But the worst thing I find is that she is condemned as a paranoid, although she is the victim. Has anyone ever thought that the story could be true and, for fear that the Stalker is reading here, does not reveal everything she has discovered or done? Good advice can we all give, but definite help and support? And is not it bold to go to the public and tell the problem to alert others and warn them?

I myself was persecuted 30 years ago by my drug-dependent ex-husband, up to murder threats. Only I knew who my opponent was and could do something about it. But the stalker of Rutsimania does not show up. Perhaps a narcissist? Put yourself in this situation and then think again about your contribution. Thank you very much.

@Erpe. You're absolutely right. I have already experienced this at Amazon and T-online. Even at my bank I already had phishing mails. A call to the corporations then clarified that it was a phishing mail. All companies have responded immediately to their website.

And here in Germany is also repeatedly warned to open emails with unrecognized attachment or from people who are not known. There are usually series emails in the circulation with many different words in the subject. For example ... "I tried to call you", or "last reminder" or "you won" or something like that. Whoever opens the emails in a preview is informed that he can easily make money quickly And should there a certain telephone number call or a corresponding link open. Anyone who does this then will quickly fall victim to a criminal gang. But Rutsimania and I have already been able to rule out all this.
    I hope this was be helpful too. Wish you all a relaxing weekend.
    edited July 16
    Spicyface wrote: »
    Sorry dear friends here ... All great contributions, but has someone even once thought about as someone feels, who is stalked over 2 years? But I have to take sides here for Rutsimania. I know her about the Origin-chat and telefon. And sure, you can do anything. You can go to the police, seek psychological help, or go to self-help groups. BUT ONLY, if you want it yourself and can muster the strength in this situation. This has nothing to do with paranoia (systematic delusion). This has something to do with fear.
    At first you do not realized at all that it might be stalking. This is something you only gradually become aware of.

@Spicyface Since she posted here I would assume it's cause she want help, if she didn't post to get help then that mean she posted to get attention, which would be kinda weird for someone in her situation. The last thing someone getting stalk want is attention.
    But the worst thing I find is that she is condemned as a paranoid, although she is the victim. Has anyone ever thought that the story could be true and, for fear that the Stalker is reading here, does not reveal everything she has discovered or done? Good advice can we all give, but definite help and support? And is not it bold to go to the public and tell the problem to alert others and warn them?

Cause some of the things she say was done to her aren't things that was done to her, she says the stalker deleted the comments on her profile, the comments on the profiles cannot be deleted (go ahead, comment on my profile, and try to delete it, you won't be able to), they just disappear after some times, on everyone's profile. So what's most likely here? That the comments did disappear like it does for everyone else cause it's how the forum work or that some stalker with insane hacking skills hacked the forum to go delete comments made by other people on her profile?
    I myself was persecuted 30 years ago by my drug-dependent ex-husband, up to murder threats. Only I knew who my opponent was and could do something about it. But the stalker of Rutsimania does not show up. Perhaps a narcissist? Put yourself in this situation and then think again about your contribution. Thank you very much.

Both the OP and you call the ''stalker'' a narcissist, may I ask why? Cause even if everything she said was true, the behavior described of the ''stalker'' is far from a narcissist behavior.

You ask us if we thought that the story could be true, we did, but did you thought that the OP might have an illness, and that the longer she wait to get help (professional help), the worse it will get? We are not calling her crazy, we just say that it's serious, it might feel really real for her, but that doesn't mean it is. My ex-boyfriend was diagnosed with schizophrenia so I know what I'm talking about.

You need to realize that the OP say she think it's an EA employee that is messing up with her, that's pretty serious.
    So I can't help it but wonder if there is a member of EA or even Maxi's who play a bad
    game with me

As the OP said some stuff, and then later on denied saying it. On her first post she say the comments on her profile was deleted by the stalker, when I pointed out that the comments on the forum do disappear after some time for everyone, she replied saying she never said the comments were deleted.
    Later, when I came back here to make a screen of it, every comment on my profile were deleted.
    I never said that comments were deleted.

So yea to me it does sound like something isn't right in her story.
    @Spicyface Phishing usually only works because most people know too little about the technical background for the internet. This is what young aspiring criminals who have just learned how to build their own website and mail server attempt to exploit.

People know that the domains ea.com and origin.com belong to EA and therefore can be trusted. But they mostly don't know that domains like EAsupport.com, originID.com, originEA.com, originSupport.com and so on almost certainly belong to nobody and therefore are free to use for anybody. (EA's real support most likely is on origin.com/support/ or ea.com/support/ instead.) So all the young aspiring criminals has to do is to set a fake website and a mail server up on one of those free domains and then use it to send millions of phishing mails to people on mailing lists which they likely can get from others who have collected the mail addresses for selling them to some advertisers. Most likely the criminals use hidden stolen computers connected to public wifi for the mail server such that police can't find them after they have transferred the stolen information to another computer.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 2,011 Member
    did you buy your sims 4 game from someone else ?