March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Showcase: Lyoufln

LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello! I like building things, so I'm going to post things that I build here. Everything I'll show is available for download in the gallery under Lyoufln. I use NO custom content in any of my creations. I also do not use moveobjects, but I do scale stuff/use the alt key from time to time.

Post edited by Lyoufln on

Comments

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2017
    Ok, so this first house is called "The Everyday." In my neck of the woods, there are many houses that [are]
    1. brightly coloured, especially in coastal communities. No one bats an eye if there's a sunshine yellow house with a purple door.
    2. split-leveled
    3. modest family homes
    4. have basements
    5. on the older side

I built a house that reminded me of a home that a person in my area would grow up in. I wanted to experiment with lots of plants!

Front view
    xgAMDE5.jpg

Backyard
    WtpIvoP.jpg

First floor
    iNkl4e9.jpg

Second floor
    EZiR71B.jpg

Kitchen + back door
    lgIcvjZ.jpg

Kitchen part 2 (front door to the right)
    YNyfiXb.jpg

Living room part 1
    lMCIv3x.jpg

Living room part 2
    259QIgT.jpg

I'm very proud of this house. It took me awhile to make this but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. There is a pool in the backyard, it's just a little hard to see here. There is no basement, but one could definitely be added. The only packs used are the base game + parenthood. I didn't use any cheats either (does making objects larger or smaller count for cheats?)

It's available for download under Lyoufln in the gallery, if you like it! :blush:
    Post edited by Lyoufln on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds :)
    It was very nice reading the background details for " The Everyday" :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice blue and white colour scheme of the home , both the exterior and interior. The blue open shutter windows are nice touches in the home, and the flowers look pretty through the outdoors areas. Very nice fenced backyard area , for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food in the sunshine at the picnic table. They will enjoy growing plants in the gardening patch. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The blue colour of the walls and the yellow coloured furnishings looks very nice together. Very nice kitchen nook! The basket of eggs and fruit bowl are homely touches on the counter. Nice windows dining nook for sims to enjoy eating meals with sunshine coming in onto them. The tree prints on the wall give a great look to the dining area! The coat stand is homely. Very nice sofa seat sitting area in the living room. Sims will enjoy resting there watching tv or reading a book in front of the fire. The toys are a nice touch on the floor. Nice study desk area for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    Thank you @rosemow. I put a lot of time and effort into this :)
    edited July 2017
    Ok, so this little house is called "I's the B'y" (Have you heard of the tune?) I thought a lot about homes in my region to make this because I like to build what I see in my everyday life. There aren't many bright colours to chose from for siding, but I thought this green would suffice. This home is pretty small, but a 2nd floor and/or more basement space could be added (I probably will if I get to play with this house). There are 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom.

Features include a workbench, BBQ, garden patch, card table, fiddle for jigging a tune, and a fireplace with a chimney.

I's the B'y is available for download on the Gallery :)

Front view
    c3AGhGW.jpg

Right side view
    zBaiGqr.jpg

Back deck
    b68Xnc4.jpg

Garden patch
    N4wuyAC.jpg

Main floor
    ojG9dVb.jpg

Basement
    gng0bRv.jpg

Kitchen plus back door
    pZAzs39.jpg

Kitchen table (gotta have photos of the extended family, amiright?)
    ltQoBZh.jpg

Fireplace and front entrance
    Ocongxk.jpg
    I's the B'y is a very nice homely house for sims to enjoy living in :) The green colour of the exterior lools very nice. The lavender either sides of the front steps and the flower box windows looks pretty! The bird bath is a nice touch there. Very nice outdoors areas! Sims will have enjoy playing on the monkey bars, growing plants in the fenced garden area and enjoy crafting on the woodwork table in the outdoors air. The red flower cart is a nice touch, and the sunflowers are sunny for sims to see! Very nice layout of the interior. It is nice that the bedrooms are in the basement level. Very nice kitchen and dining area.The pictures look great on the dining area wall! The three colours of the dining chairs gives a nice look to the area. The green colour of the kitchen windows looks very nice. Sims will enjoy listening to gramophone music whilst cooking meals. Very nice fireplace sofa seat sitting nook, for sims to relax in front of the fire. The hat and coat shelf are a homely touch beside the front door, and wall plates and books on the fireplace ledge are nice touches.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Thanks @rosemow. I think my favourite new building thing in the Sims 4 is making objects bigger or smaller, so I've been experimenting with it and plants. I should try to make a small park sometime. I could use lots of plants then!
    edited July 2017
    Ok, so this place is listed as "Cheap little house." I wasn't going to post this on the gallery because I just built it for some of my Sims to move into when they grew up. However, I thought that maybe someone else would want to use it as well. It fits a 20x15 lot and is less than 15,000 Simoleons. It could be a good starter home, and there is space for expansion (and more decorations too!

Front view
    7u8TbV7.jpg

Bird's eye
    3J6JKSa.jpg

Kitchen
    njork7e.jpg

Main room with television
    ek3C6je.png
    Cheap Little Home is a great starter home ! :) Very nice curved roofing ! The left and right open shutter windows are a nice touch. The layout of the interior is nice. It is a great home to expand on as the sims gain more money :)
    Ok, so this house is called "Living the Dream" It'd be great for 1-2 Sims, but you could add a basement or even a third floor if you needed more space. It'd be a great place to have some friends over for a barbecue and pool night in the summertime!

Front view
    eCHrZC8.jpg

Close up view of front deck
    FkIdj78.jpg

Backyard
    M0H7pDi.jpg

Upstairs kitchen
    jZIncdp.jpg

Kitchen close-up 1
    HMSiafK.jpg

Kitchen close-up 2
    uJGMHDm.jpg

Downstairs
    KhqWMPy.jpg

Downstairs entrance
    wMlkSHA.jpg

Bedroom
    TzMukvU.jpg
    The layout of Living the Dream is very nice! :) It looks great that there are steps up to the upper front deck. The deck is very nice for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and looking out at the views whilst dining at the table. Nice backyard pool patio for sims to enjoy swimming. The layout of the interior looks very nice. The chequered flooring in the kitchen and eat in dining room gives a great look to the room. The plants are nice touches of nature there. The clock is a homely touch on the bedside table in the bedroom. The bed, wall colour and bedhead wall picture complement each other very well.
    Sims will enjoy living in the home :)
  • MadRadMandeeMadRadMandee Posts: 110 Member
    Just stopping by to say you make beautiful houses!
    Thank you @MadRadMandee! <3
    edited August 2017
    Ok, so here's a house that I built for newlyweds Sage Frost and Valentin Marino. It's called the Lil' Cute Starter and it's available for download on the gallery. I forgot to hashtag it nocc, but there isn't any. I also believe that only items from the base game are included. The house is worth less than 16,000 Simoleons so it'd be good for a single sim or a couple. There's plenty of space if your Sims need to build more rooms because they need more space.

Front view
    wZAGl4W.jpg

Front step view (Santiago Marino and guitar not included)
    4bSOWvD.jpg

Kitchen part 1
    omVvACY.jpg

Basement view (desk, chair and computer not included in download)
    3KWmB7m.jpg

I apologize. There should be more pictures but the image links seem to not work. I'l try to post them later.
    Lil' Cute Starter Is a very nice starter home! :) The exterior and the front porch entrance nook looks very nice. The flowers look pretty in the front yard. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The yellow colour of the kitchen and dining area walls looks sunny! Very nice corner dining nook for sims to enjoy eating meals at the table there. They will enjoy having the sunlight coming into through the kitchen and dining area windows whilst cooking and eating meals there. They will enjoy painting on the easel. It is great that there is a basement level where the bedroom and bathroom are located.
    The home is very nice :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    I love your houses! They are nice simplistic shapes, some houses which have complicated shapes to them end up being quite unplayable for me cos I like a clear view of everything from the front. Yours are great for this! My favourite is The Everyday, I love the layout and the colour scheme.
    edited August 2017
    Thank you very much @rosemow and @elenorbreton! <3 I like building things that I see when I walk/bike outside. Looking at other people's starter homes on the gallery and simblrs made me think "Gee, I want to make something little and cute too!" I got some inspiration from homes that my region is known for, and then I started building on my game. I like keeping things simple because I don't really know how to build big, complicated things without ending up with a shoebox house and then disliking more and more as I play with it. :D

I mean, if you can't envision yourself or a friend living in it because it's so complex or "fancy," it doesn't sound like much fun to me!
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Your houses look great! :)
    Thank you @Sonschi <3
    edited September 2017
    Hello! This house is called "Santiago's House." My sim, Santiago, needed a place to live and raise his daughter Maria. This is what I came up with. You can even download Santi and Maria to move into this place, if you'd like (titled "Santiago and Maria" on the gallery under Lyoufln if you want to download them).

This house is less than 20,000 Simoleons as well, so it could make a decent starter home too! :)

Front view
    McCz0Dw.jpg

Backyard
    n6uZtEO.jpg

Top view
    U15ZpDz.jpg

Front door/Living room
    56ui7to.jpg

Kitchen
    Ps0cymw.jpg
    Santiago's House is very nice :) It would be great as a starter home also. The sunflowers are sunny touches along the back of the home. Sims will enjoy cooking outdoors on the BBQ. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. Nice sofa seat sitting area for sims to enjoy resting there reading a book. Kids will have fun playing with toys from the toy chest. The blue colour scheme of the walls and door in the kitchen looks nice and calming. Very pretty girls bedroom! The pink coloured bed and the circles wall pattern looks very nice! The animal themed chair is cute for kids to sit on.
    Thank you @rosemow :) Santiago and Maria just moved in. Maria likes the colour pink, so I used that colour for her bedroom. I really like how the kitchen turned out. One could even add a small pool in the back, I think. You could add a basement or upstairs too, or put the house on a larger plot of land for more space. Thank you for stopping by <3
    Hello again! I went for a long walk last Sunday, enjoying the fall weather. Y'know what? I walked by a nice looking house, so I decided to build a house in TS4 like it! This one is in the gallery and it's titled "House Up The Street". I really like how the floor plan came out with this one.

"House Up The Street" includes a fireplace and chimney, child's bedroom, baby/toddler bedroom, 2 full bathrooms, monkey bars, barbecue, and much more! I hope you and your sims enjoy it!

The family room and kitchen are available separately as rooms under Lyoufln on the gallery as well. :) I'm really proud of that kitchen.

Front view
    OojPvsW.jpg

First floor
    ZY7hsGM.jpg

Second floor
    VgbUO5C.jpg

Family room
    WzsAial.jpg

Kitchen
    1agjts3.jpg
    House up the Street is a very nice homely home ! :) It is very nice that you have built it to reflect a home that you saw when you went for a walk. The roof covered front porch looks very nice , and the open shutter windows and the chimney are nice touches in the build. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The family room is very nice! The sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and armchair near the fire, reading a book and listening to music on the gramophone. The wall pictures are a nice home touch. Very nice design of the kitchen ! The grey brick wall texture of the stove area and the way the cabinets have been placed on it in a curved direction looks very nice! The cutlery, knives, teapot and utensils are great touches on the wall and counter . The yellow colour of the bathroom walls looks sunny. Very nice purple colour scheme of the kids bedroom. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars.
    Thank you @rosemow <3 I think my favourite rooms are the family room and kitchen. I finally got to use a coffee table!