Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims are aging while aging is turned off

I just bought the Sims 3, base game only. As the title says, I made a family to play around with. I turned off aging and story progression as soon as I placed them in the town. After a couple of sim days, I noticed that the aging bar has progressed on the family members. Also their ages aren't synced. The husband has 20 sims days left while his wife has 18 and they were created as one household. My game version is 1.67 and I have no mods installed, but I did download the free world, Riverview if that helps.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There could be two different issues in play here.

Are they actually aging one sim day each at midnight or did this happen all at once? If the aging manager is stuck aging them even though you have it switched off, I'm afraid this is a common complaint with a modless game -- although usually the complaint is that sims stop aging when they aren't supposed to, not that they won't stop. You could try turning aging back on, playing for a while, and then turning it off again. Or you could try retreating to Edit Town, evicting the active household to the clipboard on the side of the screen, copy their residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move them all back in again. This kind of household "reset" often helps unstick setting, but it might not be effective if it turns out your entire town is aging when you didn't want it to.

The other issue is that whenever you bring an existing sim in the EA version of CAS or many of its subsets (stylist station, tattoo chair, some find this true with Change Appearance on mirrors), the result will be that the sim's age will become randomized within their current age stage. This is how we often end up with Child 2 suddenly becoming older than Child 1 or sims who are supposed to be exactly the same age beginning to diverge. Other reasons for divergence, on purpose though not related to glitches, would be life fruit, ambrosia, soy milk, spells, elixirs, gourmet pet food for animals (not effective on humans).

If not averse to using mods, there are several that can fix the aging on/off issues. NRaas Overwatch can help prevent these problems and StoryProgression has a much more flexible and reliable aging manager of its own. There are mods by other developers, AwesomeMod and Buzzler's Aging Manager, for example, that can prevent and fix this. NRaas MasterController and its MC Cheats add-on module will allow you to set a sim's age to what you want it be/what it should be precisely by number of sim days, so that could be helpful for a one-time or occasional fixit adjustment without having to embrace a new version of story progression or a more intrusive mod like the others are.

NRaas MasterController's version of CAS and its subsets do not allow the randomization of sims' ages that can occur by giving them a makeover. To get the MC version of CAS and its subsets throughout the game, the MC Integration add-on module is also required.

I'm afraid there is no solution for either the stuck aging manager or the randomization of ages without mods other than the household evict/reset trick described above.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • xxTurtleWurtlexxxxTurtleWurtlexx Posts: 1 New Member
    Sorry that I have nothing that can help you with your problem, but I'm a new member, and I'm not sure how to start a full discussion (Not positive that I'm able to yet anyway). But I also have had an issue with my game. When I start a new world in sims in any map, I usually just create new sims, but when I create my sim and finalize my household and all, I submit my new family and expect it to go back to the map and let me choose a house or land that I'd like to purchase, but instead it just happens to go back to the screen where I choose to create, move in, or choose a household. This doesn't happen a majority of the time I play the game, but when it does happen, recreating the sim doesn't work and completely exiting the launcher and re-opening the sims game doesn't solve the problem either. Thanks for Reading!
    edited July 2017
    Sorry that I have nothing that can help you with your problem, but I'm a new member, and I'm not sure how to start a full discussion (Not positive that I'm able to yet anyway). But I also have had an issue with my game. When I start a new world in sims in any map, I usually just create new sims, but when I create my sim and finalize my household and all, I submit my new family and expect it to go back to the map and let me choose a house or land that I'd like to purchase, but instead it just happens to go back to the screen where I choose to create, move in, or choose a household. This doesn't happen a majority of the time I play the game, but when it does happen, recreating the sim doesn't work and completely exiting the launcher and re-opening the sims game doesn't solve the problem either. Thanks for Reading!
    Not entirely sure what's happening there. Are you playing EA worlds or custom ones? If custom, are you sure there are Player Ownable houses available in town and priced low enough for a new household to move into?

Do you get better results if you choose an existing household to play to just temporarily and then retreat to Edit Town and begin creating your new household?

And...this is a little unusual but it has happened to some players. Are you certain that you are actually playing the game and not running the Tutorial that can take over just after a fresh install? (check the Main Menu from the "..." button I think)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    edited July 2017
    Thank you for the recommendations. I'll try the reset trick to see if it helps. I'm not opposed to mods, so if the whole town is affected, I'll check out the mods that were listed.

Edit:
    So I did the reset trick and played the house for two complete sims says with aging off and noticed no change in their current ages. but out of curiosity, I went a made a new family in CAS. As soon as I moved them into a lot I went to check their ages, and well, this new family all had random days on their lives. So it looks like the second issue mentioned is my current problem. Looks like I'll be modding this game sooner than I thought, heh. :D
    Post edited by tanakaki on
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    tanakaki wrote: »
    Thank you for the recommendations. I'll try the reset trick to see if it helps. I'm not opposed to mods, so if the whole town is affected, I'll check out the mods that were listed.

Edit:
    So I did the reset trick and played the house for two complete sims says with aging off and noticed no change in their current ages. but out of curiosity, I went a made a new family in CAS. As soon as I moved them into a lot I went to check their ages, and well, this new family all had random days on their lives. So it looks like the second issue mentioned is my current problem. Looks like I'll be modding this game sooner than I thought, heh. :D

Sims don't always start a new game with full life bars. Sometimes even newly created Sims have a few days on their lives already. Every time I create new Sims, I always change their ages back to the start with mc (absolute age). ICR the exact path, but I bet Igazor knows it. *wink*
  • scshawty94scshawty94 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have had a similar issue. Playing in a single-sim household, my sim was invited to a party. As soon as my sim got there, another sim(a townie that she was good friends with) died on the lot. According to her ghost and ashes left behind, it was death by fire, but there was no fire on the lot. My story progression and aging were both off. I don't play with any mods. I've been playing for years and this is my first time having this issue. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know why this could happen? Sorry, I never post in here and the site wouldn't let me post a separate thread.
    edited July 2017
    scshawty94 wrote: »
    I have had a similar issue. Playing in a single-sim household, my sim was invited to a party. As soon as my sim got there, another sim(a townie that she was good friends with) died on the lot. According to her ghost and ashes left behind, it was death by fire, but there was no fire on the lot. My story progression and aging were both off. I don't play with any mods. I've been playing for years and this is my first time having this issue. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know why this could happen? Sorry, I never post in here and the site wouldn't let me post a separate thread.
    Do you have Seasons and is it possible that the sim was outside for too long in hot weather and overheated? Might they have been a vampire? Doesn't take long for them to overheat without protection from the sun.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • scshawty94scshawty94 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > scshawty94 wrote: »
    >
    > I have had a similar issue. Playing in a single-sim household, my sim was invited to a party. As soon as my sim got there, another sim(a townie that she was good friends with) died on the lot. According to her ghost and ashes left behind, it was death by fire, but there was no fire on the lot. My story progression and aging were both off. I don't play with any mods. I've been playing for years and this is my first time having this issue. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know why this could happen? Sorry, I never post in here and the site wouldn't let me post a separate thread.
    >
    >
    >
    > Do you have Seasons and is it possible that the sim was outside for too long in hot weather and overheated? Might they have been a vampire? Doesn't take long for them to overheat without protection from the sun.

The sim was a vampire and I do have Seasons. But it was night time. Thank you for your help!