Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The internet is mocking us :P

Comments

• Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Okay, let me get this straight. So being diverse, liking and wanting different things means we're confused now? Sorry for not being zombies, I guess.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    Come on - really? Sims and energy usage? Eco friendly anything really - it's a game and wee are talkin' about a style. I'll use whatever they send our way but sheesh.

I want content as well. I just want it to make sense.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Come on - really? Sims and energy usage? Eco friendly anything really - it's a game and wee are talkin' about a style. I'll use whatever they send our way but sheesh.

I'm with you on that. Even when/if we get the laundry stuff, I'm not gonna have my Sims do it
  • Options

I'm with you on that. Even when/if we get the laundry stuff, I'm not gonna have my Sims do it

I mean we are getting it, but I just hope they will leave out the fact that we voted for eco and leave it for later on, for one of the 1000 following SPs we will get.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Y'all saying all these things about how much energy washers and dryers use and not a quote or research article in sight. Lol

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/ocw/mod/oucontent/view.php?printable=1&id=2317
    ctrl+f "domestic detergents"
    washing machines not only waste energy/water, but contribute to eutrophication.
    pick up any high school science textbook for further research.

Reaching.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    ??? Well what a useless article.

1- Yes we do know what we want
    2- Not everyone wants the same
    3- Developers do whatever they please anyway so why does it matter? Most stuff we want is either impossible or too hard and expensive
    4- When it comes to laundry, the debate is not about how we do not want laundry it's about how laundry has absolutely nothing to do with the eco theme pack. Which up till now I can't understand how this is even generating a debate. Its a fact.

I think they put laundry in the Eco pack so people would choose it. Really easy to make solar panels and windmills compared to pool tables, swings, pets etc.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Falynios wrote: »
    I mean I'm not gonna lie, it is pretty shameful to be part of a community which asked for laundry. (no shade)
    so I can see why we're being mocked.
    4- When it comes to laundry, the debate is not about how we do not want laundry it's about how laundry has absolutely nothing to do with the eco theme pack. Which up till now I can't understand how this is even generating a debate. Its a fact.

Not really. There are eco-friendly variants of laundry.
    My reason for not liking laundry is simply because it's laundry.

People are still asking for the regular type of laundry. Plus I'm really not having this argument. In an eco friendly pack considering it's only one main object, i would not pick laundry. I don't know who on earth hears eco friendly and thinks laundry

the problem is that a huge part of the people who voted eco-friendly did so only because they wanted laundry. I hate to agree with certain people, but really, they shouldn't have put laundry among the options for eco-friendly in the first place. If they'd just put laundry in the starter home pack, a lot less people would now feel disappointed. Because then people would have known what they were in for, from the moment the theme was decided on. Instead of getting their hopes up for all kind of cool eco-options
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yeah, I would have preferred laundry be in the starter home pack.

Anyway, the internet loves mocking people who get upset over minor things, taking every "ugh, really" into a full fledged civil way, and it's not time for our annual "point and laugh at whiny Pokémon fan" week. Guys, the grass in HGSS was too much like the stuff in Diamond!
  • Options
    LyricalSimsLyricalSims Posts: 8 New Member
    I am on my knees. I am begging...Seasons, pets and the whole celebrity thing. PWWWEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    Y'all saying all these things about how much energy washers and dryers use and not a quote or research article in sight. Lol

Reaching.

How was this reaching? It is quite literally the information you sought.
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Falynios wrote: »
    I mean I'm not gonna lie, it is pretty shameful to be part of a community which asked for laundry. (no shade)
    so I can see why we're being mocked.

Not really. There are eco-friendly variants of laundry.
    My reason for not liking laundry is simply because it's laundry.

People are still asking for the regular type of laundry. Plus I'm really not having this argument. In an eco friendly pack considering it's only one main object, i would not pick laundry. I don't know who on earth hears eco friendly and thinks laundry

the problem is that a huge part of the people who voted eco-friendly did so only because they wanted laundry. I hate to agree with certain people, but really, they shouldn't have put laundry among the options for eco-friendly in the first place. If they'd just put laundry in the starter home pack, a lot less people would now feel disappointed. Because then people would have known what they were in for, from the moment the theme was decided on. Instead of getting their hopes up for all kind of cool eco-options

That's only my only problem with it. The theme was cool and laundry doesn't fit. I don't mind it in a SP that makes sense for it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017

Reaching.

@Chazzzy You asked for receipts, they were given. Who is reaching?
  • Options
    lasummerb wrote: »

Reaching.

@Chazzzy You asked for receipts, they were given. Who is reaching?

Don't worry about it. Unless you start looking for exceptions and complex and rare systems to make laundry eco friendly it isn't. And since it's a SP, we will get a gameplay object for laundry and it will be a washer and a dryer, even if they add the "eco friendly" options they will add the non friendly ones. It's still ridiculous for the theme
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    How is the internet making fun of simmers anything new? I remember in the days of....I think it was Sims 2, Something Awful had their "Weekend Web" feature that made fun of forums, and the MTS2 forums made it one week and they had all sorts of dodgy pictures from stories that people had put up out of context. It was hilarious, and I actually posted a link to it on those forums and said a big "Congratulations!" to everyone who had been "featured." They were poking fun at us, yes, but, in a way, they were also exposing other people to the sims, and how creative it can be for storytelling, and other things such as machina. I hope other people are now exposed to the sims from this round of fun poking, as well.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I saw a few threads on this forum about how some are agitated and/or unhappy about having laundry in an Eco Friendly type SP, as if laundry can't be eco-friendly. Beyond that, some are always going to be displeased no matter what. I'm not all that thrilled about an eco-friendly theme, but I'll purchase it for the laundry. Just sayin'…
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Concerning the OP's post, I really don't care if some blogger decides to make fun of a debate on here. If that is what they choose to do then ... I don't envy their life choices. As for laundry, I was in the disappointed camp. I may still eventually get the pack depending on how it is executed.

Anyone can mock anything.

I agree that the players of the game -- including those giving feedback -- are diverse. Gathering feedback from a large group especially for a game with such a broad reach, will inevitably produce multiple opinions. It's called democracy.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Concerning the OP's post, I really don't care if some blogger decides to make fun of a debate on here. If that is what they choose to do then ... I don't envy their life choices.

Yep. Seriously? You've got nothing better to do with your life than write an entire blog post on some kerfluffle going on on some game forum? Okay, we all know that Sims players are naturally much smarter and better looking than other gamers, but that's no reason to waste your time making fun of us.
    We're perfectly capable managing that on our own, thank you.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'd seen one the other day I think by Kotaku or something and it was about quarreling over laundry. Article seems a lil late tho laundry debate has been going for a while it feels like. You'd think they'd get their timing better with these articles.

Kotaku isn't worth reading fam.

Concerning the OP's post, I really don't care if some blogger decides to make fun of a debate on here. If that is what they choose to do then ... I don't envy their life choices.

Yep. Seriously? You've got nothing better to do with your life than write an entire blog post on some kerfluffle going on on some game forum? Okay, we all know that Sims players are naturally much smarter and better looking than other gamers, but that's no reason to waste your time making fun of us.

Eh, it's no big deal. If we're gonna laugh at a forum, Neogaf all the way.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2017
    Kurotard wrote: »
    I'd seen one the other day I think by Kotaku or something and it was about quarreling over laundry. Article seems a lil late tho laundry debate has been going for a while it feels like. You'd think they'd get their timing better with these articles.

Eh, it's no big deal. If we're gonna laugh at a forum, Neogaf all the way.

This is why EA won't be happy though - no matter how you feel about Kotaku - it has a huge following and when things aren't all so happy in any of EA's forums they take note when it becomes a public shame.

At present it is reported that: quote "With a team of writers located throughout the U.S. and in Japan and Australia, Kotaku currently has about 11 million monthly readers worldwide." unquote

It is also considered a Gaming Website with professional writers - who blog from the website. So a bit different than just fly by night - pop up bloggers - oh and it's been in existence since 2004 under Kotaku. It existed before that under a different media service. They are not just bloggers posting out of their bedroom and making you tube sharing. LOL. So it will get the parent company EA's attention - especially if all the reply post shed more negativity on the issues. But if replies don't cast more negativity by and large - then EA will be fine. Don't forget EA is not who makes the Sims they just own Maxis who does make the sims. So it matters what EA thinks in the long run. You can generally tell when EA isn't so happy as they do not talk about it at all publicly - not even in Conference calls and stock holders meetings - but weird changes of direction happen in the game and people start getting replaced. Of course it is all said as if they chose their departures - but when it bring mass changes - in Leadership, in the game and players being heard that were not heard - well you can bet it was not just a coincidence.

Here's a small tour of just their New York City office - they also have offices in UK - AU - and Japan I understand.

Here is NY quick tour - http://kotaku.com/5711773/an-office-tour

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    This is why EA won't be happy though - no matter how you feel about Kotaku - it has a huge following and when things aren't all so happy in any of EA's forums they take note when it becomes a public shame.

At present it is reported that: quote "With a team of writers located throughout the U.S. and in Japan and Australia, Kotaku currently has about 11 million monthly readers worldwide." unquote
    If I was EA, I'd be very happy with this. 11 million people reading about Sims 4 can't help but sell a few more games. If nothing else, it'll draw more people to the forums to see what's going on.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

If I was EA, I'd be very happy with this. 11 million people reading about Sims 4 can't help but sell a few more games. If nothing else, it'll draw more people to the forums to see what's going on.

Well it can go either way - they tore up Sim City 2013 - and you saw the results of that including shutting down and getting rid of the Emeryville Studio where SC was made. So they have been covering The Sims for a long time. But when they give positive reviews - it does bring people to the game - not as gawkers but buyers - which EA very much likes.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    OoAtomicKittenoOOoAtomicKittenoO Posts: 47 Member
    Pets and seasons. Simmers know what they want.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well the article seems to be written by a fellow Simmer. She really wasn't saying anything anyone else on here wasn't saying.
    Post edited by lasummerb on
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »

I didn't click on it! I'm still a wholesome gamer! also in full agreement about laffin' it up at gaf. they've definitely earned that privilege. :p
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2017