Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am missing Worlds and EPs

2...Next

Comments

• CeiCeiHCeiCeiH Posts: 47 Member
    After using "Repair" in Origin 3 times it suddenly showed my worlds and my missing games.
    ~~ Nothing like being a happy Simmer! We let all hell break loose!! :D ~~
  • Hi! I don't know if this thread is dead or not but I hope it is alive because I have a similar problem... I installed The Sims 3 and my expansion packs on Origin yesterday but when I opened the Sims 3 Launcher I noticed that the packs weren't installed. I checked the Expansion/Stuff pack section in the Launcher and saw that I had to install them - again.
    So I pressed the install-button but then it only took me back to Origin, as to tell me that I had to install them there or buy them again.
    I spoke to EA Help and asked for help and the person I spoke to told me to uninstall and reinstall and then restart my computer. I did that but it didn't help.
    So I searched on google and found that I need to register my packs on the Sims 3 Community, so I went back to Origin to find the serial codes but the only code I had access to was the serial code to the basegame! Does anyone know where I can find my serial codes to my Sims 3 expansion and stuff packs on Origin? Or is there something else that I have to do? Please, help.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @StarSidSims - Easy thing to try first, run a Repair Game from the Origin menu. If that doesn't make the installed EPs reappear (and check by restarting the computer a few times in between), then try uninstalling Origin (only) and reinstalling it again. This recognition of installed packs does get fussier than it ever should be.

If none of that is any help, I'm afraid it's back to EA Customer Support. There could possibly be some kind of hold on your Origin account that they need to investigate or reset on their end that is blocking your access to your installed EPs. Origin would never tell you this directly as it's not equipped to do so.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • @igazor - Thank you so much for your reply! I will try uninstalling Origin and then reinstalling it and see if that helps :smile:
  • > @igazor said:
    > @StarSidSims - Easy thing to try first, run a Repair Game from the Origin menu. If that doesn't make the installed EPs reappear (and check by restarting the computer a few times in between), then try uninstalling Origin (only) and reinstalling it again. This recognition of installed packs does get fussier than it ever should be.
    >
    > If none of that is any help, I'm afraid it's back to EA Customer Support. There could possibly be some kind of hold on your Origin account that they need to investigate or reset on their end that is blocking your access to your installed EPs. Origin would never tell you this directly as it's not equipped to do so.

I repaired my game and all the packs in Origin and restarted my pc afterwards, but not the sims 3 launcher says that I don't have any packs installed and that I have to install them via Origin - I went to check on Origin and it shows that my packs actually are installed. Should I uninstall Origin and reinstall it to see if that helps? And if I do that, will that effect my other games that I have installed on Origin? Will I lose all my progress if I uninstall and reinstall Origin?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @StarSidSims - Uninstalling and reinstalling the Origin program itself should have no impact at all on your installed games/packs (other then hopefully getting this handoff to the Launcher working better). It will have no impact on your user game folder in Documents where your saved games and other added content are.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net