Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Profile Activity ???

I posted things I would need to use on occasion, like "how to copy one saved game from one computer to another", so I didn't have to keep looking it up or asking how to. BUT, nothing but the last thing I posted there is there. Why doesn't everything stay there that you put there? AND, where do they go?

AND, on that note, how do you take a save game from one computer to another?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I posted things I would need to use on occasion, like "how to copy one saved game from one computer to another", so I didn't have to keep looking it up or asking how to. BUT, nothing but the last thing I posted there is there. Why doesn't everything stay there that you put there? AND, where do they go?

Copy the Saves folder.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Copy the Saves folder.

"Copy the Saves folder" - that simple? It was more complicated when I saved the instructions.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Profile Activity is not private - it spouts to a separate area of the forum and I think moderators delete stuff from there. Basically, Profile Activity is like a loudspeaker system.

I don't like it.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Copy the Saves folder.

"Copy the Saves folder" - that simple? It was more complicated when I saved the instructions.

that's all there is to it if you just want the saves
    if you want whatever's in your library you take the tray folder as well. also might not want to forget the screenshots folder, too.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    In fact, let's be honest, it is aggressive and uncouth.

I have raised it before:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919790/how-come-our-profile-walls-churn-info-out-into-activity-i-dont-like-it
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2017
    Only one page of Activity is currently visable as from yesterday on my laptop and mobile. Is this a change or just my experience or have EA stopped the sharing of Profile pages?

Edit: Couple of hours later and it has gone back to normal.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited July 2017
    you need to copy the whole Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder when switching computers, not just the tray and saves folders. If you dont, you will lose your game settings, mods and other minor data that you may need in the future. Ya never know. :p
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    you need to copy the whole Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder when switching computers, not just the tray and saves folders. If you dont, you will lose your game settings, mods and other minor data that you may need in the future. Ya never know. :p

I'm not switching computers, I have the game on both and just want to copy my saved "template" games to the other computer.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I'm extremely baffled by the profile activity section too. Nothing appears on my wall at all anymore :(
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Copy the Saves folder.

Plug in a thumb drive or usb stick, copy the saves, paste them into the thumb drive...viola done. Hit 'Safely Remove Hardware Eject' so you don't lose any data, then unplug/remove. Plug in /insert into different pc...open files in thumbdrive or usb stick (which ever you have) copy files you want to put in new pc. Paste in the correct area. Done.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.