Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favorite custom world?

Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Hey guys, I've always been playing the worlds that came with either the expansions or were for sale on the store, but lately I have noticed more and more (mostly on tumblr) that there are some really beautiful custom made worlds out there! I want to try out some, so please share your favourite custom world here so that I can take a look at all of them. The theme doesn't matter, wether it's medieval or futuristic, I like to see a nice variety ^^. I already saw the amazing cruise ship someone posted in a different topic earlier.

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Right now I'm really enjoying Strangetown, a remade TS2 town for TS3. Two pictures here, and a few more here. The only minor issue I have is with sims getting stuck walking across one of the bridges. That doesn't happen very often and I let NRaas Overwatch handle it.

Another CC world I've been playing recently is Meadow Glen from mysimrealty. I don't have any pictures that I recall posting. I'm using version 2 of that world (v3 reportedly has routing issues), and it's plays really nice as far as performance goes.

I also really like Bellatrix by Rflong. This world requires Lunar Lakes rabbit holes.

If you use NRaas Traveler, you might look at Suvadiva for a vacation world. It's quite beautiful. I customized it quite a bit for my sims to have things to do while on vacation. It comes with a few dive lots and one houseboat.

Also check out the "Worlds You Can't Live Without" thread pinned above.
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks! I like the look of Meadow Glen. The vacation world looks awesome too but I don't use NRaas Traveler (yet). ALso, thanks for the tip, I hadn't seen that topic haha I'm blind.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a link on my blog to download a few of my creations from other sites in a bundle pack.I love Gibsons for legacies and have been setting one up in Sunset Valley2 recently as well as testing AnneArbor lite.I've got a 100 baby challenge in Storybrook County and another legacy in Evermore Falls.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I've got a link on my blog to download a few of my creations from other sites in a bundle pack.I love Gibsons for legacies and have been setting one up in Sunset Valley2 recently as well as testing AnneArbor lite.I've got a 100 baby challenge in Storybrook County and another legacy in Evermore Falls.

Thank you! I will definitely check all of them out.
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    edited July 2017
    I just downloaded the world Storybrook County. However, once it downloads, I'm not sure where I need to put the file. It's not showing in the launcher, for me to download from there. Do I just place the file in the Installed Worlds folder?
    Post edited by jordand on
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I enjoy Saaqartoq. It's a refreshing break away from the mountains and mountains of tropical worlds out there. I always wanted a Northern country styled port town and this does it!

4qUbLDw.jpg

Lillesund is also beautiful for the same reason, but I don't know if it's even available anymore. :(

DVSj9aY.jpg

OO2UdmJ.png
    jordand wrote: »
    I just downloaded @Rflong7's world Storybrook County. However, once it downloads, I'm not sure where I need to put the file. It's not showing in the launcher, for me to download from there. Do I just place the file in the Installed Worlds folder?

The only Storybook County I'm aware of is this one: http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_StorybrookCounty.html which isn't by Rflong. Rflong's worlds are here:

http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.com/
    http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=Rflong13&assetType=world
    http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=Rflong7&assetType=world

The world files from mysimrealty are zipped sim3packs (at least the ones I've installed). You have to unzip them, place in your downloads folder, then install from the launcher. I don't recall how Rflong provides worlds on her blog, but her exchange worlds should download directly to the Launcher (and your Downloads folder). Mysimrealty does provide CAW files for some of their worlds, so be aware of that and check to make sure you are downloading the finished world file and not the CAW files.

I, personally, haven't come across a world I just plop in the InstalledWorlds folder. But if it's a .world file I guess you could try that.
    @TreyNutz, it's the one you linked...I didn't mean to give credit to the wrong person in my post....went back and edited my original post. I put the file in my downloads folder, but it still isn't showing up in the launcher so I can download the world??
    Did you unzip the file? I have StorybrookCountry-Version4.zip on my computer which I downloaded a long time ago. After unzipping it (which Windows can do, although I use 7-zip) I place the "Storybrook County.sims3pack" file into by Downloads folder and install through the launcher.

If you don't see file extensions you can change that in Widows 10 by opening a folder clicking on the View tab and checking the File Name Extensions box. That makes it so much easier to tell what file type you are working with.
    I got all my sims3pack files stored somewhere else and just double click them when I want to install them, that always works for me!
    edited July 2017
    @TreyNutz, I did unzip the file. Once unzipped, there is a folder called "Storybrook County-V4.sims3". It contains 4 files within that folder....one of which is called "Storybrook County_0x00000000.nhd", but there's not one ending in .sims3pack. The others are: TravelDB.package, Meta.data, and 1a5ft1l3.dat. Which one of these would I place in my downloads folder, the one ending in .nhd?
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I really like Evansdale County by My Sims Realty http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_EvansdaleCounty.html
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
    Man so many of these worlds look amazing I might just have to move my rags to riches legacy away from Hidden Springs into one of these haha..
    edited July 2017
    @TreyNutz, I did unzip the file. Once unzipped, there is a folder called "Storybrook County-V4.sims3". It contains 4 files within that folder....one of which is called "Storybrook County_0x00000000.nhd", but there's not one ending in .sims3pack. The others are: TravelDB.package, Meta.data, and 1a5ft1l3.dat. Which one of these would I place in my downloads folder, the one ending in .nhd?

Oh I see. You've downloaded a save file. The purpose of those is so the creator can add some residents populating the world. See the FAQ on the mysimrealty site:

http://www.mysimrealty.com/FAQ.html#Where_do_I_put_a_save_file_and_what_is_one_anyway_

To use that you'd unzip and place the "Storybrook County-V4.sims3" folder in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder.

You still need to go back and download the world and install that before the save file will work. Look though the "World Download" column on the Storybrook Country page to decide which one to install. Make sure you get the version that requires Supernatural. It doesn't look like the save file works with the version that uses the Ambitions bridge.

If you don't want to use the save file then delete it.
    Oh....now I see the other column. Thanks for all your help @TreyNutz, sorry I always seem to come here with dumb questions that you help me with :( . (I promise I'm actually a smart enough, functional adult in the real world, just not always when it comes to this game :) )
    Oh....now I see the other column. Thanks for all your help @TreyNutz, sorry I always seem to come here with dumb questions that you help me with :( . (I promise I'm actually a smart enough, functional adult in the real world, just not always when it comes to this game :) )

Lol, no problem. :)
  • JuudiaJuudia Posts: 23 Member
    Setra, jewel of the sands makes me think about a egyptian Las Vegas, it is very nice
  • loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    I really love St. Claire, it is gorgeous and has everything plus room to grow. My favorite city world hands down.
    http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sims3/worlds/large/st-claire/