Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was your favourite Sims console game?

BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
Did you guys ever play any of the Sims console games? Though I know they were a lot more limited than the PC versions, when I was younger me and my sister would spend hours playing them. (We only had one computer in the house which was usually being used by my parents).

I just wondered if you had any favourites?
Personally I loved the PS2 The Sims Bustin' Out and The Urbz: Sims in the City (though I'm not sure why, that one should have been everything I hated in a game but it worked so well)

I think it's down to the progression: I liked that you had to complete wants to unlock bigger and better places. I'd quite happily still sit and play these games :smile:

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Actually I had several that were on the top of my list.
    The URBZ, Bustin' Out, and Castaway, after that was The Sims, this was the one that got me started into playing this game. At this time I still have those games, but my old PS2 unit went out.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited July 2017
    The only four I had were Urbz, Bustin Out, The Sims, and The Sims 2 on my old original xbox. I think I played The Sims 2 the most times, but I would always play Urbz for the longest duration. The other two always just made me want to turn it off and go play computer sims instead.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I love The Urbz (i had finished this game a hundred time :D ) and castaway (same, i had never wanted to leave the island ^^)
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I have all console Sims games, but Bustin' Out was by far my favourite :) probably because it was my first and most played
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    I really loved the Sims 2 on PS2 and Gamecube. In fact, I recently rebought it because my little brother scratched my other CD when he was younger. I found it while thrifting and couldn't resist getting a new copy!
  • nathan909090nathan909090 Posts: 124 Member
    The sims bustin out for sure! I loved that game and still do to this day. :)
  • LilyPeonyLilyPeony Posts: 47 Member
    Never got to play it on console, but they're apparently getting Sims 4 out soon or am I wrong? Also I wonder how easy/hard it is to get CC or items from the store on the console game, I feel it may be harder than on PC?
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    CamLS92 wrote: »
    Never got to play it on console, but they're apparently getting Sims 4 out soon or am I wrong? Also I wonder how easy/hard it is to get CC or items from the store on the console game, I feel it may be harder than on PC?

Hello! The Sims 4 is coming to PS4 and Xbox in November I believe. From the console versions I have played CC wasn't available, I'm not sure whether or not this will change for The Sims 4 :smile:
  • EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    My first one ever was Sims 2: Pets. After that, I got both Sims 2 and The Sims from a second-hand store, and then I got Urbz. My friend had Castaway, so I never played it, but watching her play it was amazing. My mom was super scared about letting me play any sims games since there was all that big huff about WooHoo, but she eventually caved. Many years of The Sims EP's and SP's later, I'm sure she regretted it, lol.
    I remember when TS4 was announced there was a thread that wanted to implement the cooking system from The Sims 2: I originally loved the idea but thinking back I don't think I ever actually succeeded at making good dishes using that system. :D
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    EmoFlowers wrote: »
    My first one ever was Sims 2: Pets. After that, I got both Sims 2 and The Sims from a second-hand store, and then I got Urbz. My friend had Castaway, so I never played it, but watching her play it was amazing. My mom was super scared about letting me play any sims games since there was all that big huff about WooHoo, but she eventually caved. Many years of The Sims EP's and SP's later, I'm sure she regretted it, lol.
    I remember when TS4 was announced there was a thread that wanted to implement the cooking system from The Sims 2: I originally loved the idea but thinking back I don't think I ever actually succeeded at making good dishes using that system. :D

The only recipe I remember figuring out how to make was pizza and so my sims, like me, lived off the stuff :joy:
  • mariakelly12mariakelly12 Posts: 4 New Member
    It's true, Sims on console was too limited. But with newly released console version of Sims 4, it feels more like a game which can be enjoyed with your friends or your peer group. I mostly play racing or speed games, but my younger sister is a huge Sims lover. She was gifted an Xbox One this Christmas and since then, there has been no stop to her enthusiasm. To get more of this game she even asked my dad to credit her Xbox store, for which my dad purchased www.press-start.com/de/4-kaufen-xbox-gift-card-50e-euro-raum. She is crazy about Sims and plays it more in comparison with most other games.
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    I liked Bustin' Out for the PS2. I didn't play it much, but I still own it. I have a PS4 but I won't get any Sims games for it. I would rather play Sims on a computer.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    mysims for wii!
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif