Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    I'm terrible at updating here so you've probably already seen these :#
    Chapter 18: Bad News
    Chapter 19: A Sickly Sleepover
    spn2tyl.jpg
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Just a short chapter today! I may have another short chapter later this week. :)

qk5rkM7.jpg

Magnolia expresses her love in chapter 2!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Hi everyone. I don't have an update, but an author's notes with some important details about my AAC story. What's Going on with Whisper?
    I felt obligated to keep you all informed as well as let you know my plans for the future when it comes to this story. Hopefully I will be able to return to it soon. :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I've got a new chapter that @For_Eorzea and I wrote together (plus a special appearance by a very special Sim which was hinted at elsewhere! ;) )

This chapter introduces a few little plot-element details, too...

Lighthouse: Cookie Jar
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Here's the next Lighthouse chapter, with a special visit from Whisper! This chapter was co-written with @ny275 --Thanks, Ny! :)

Lighthouse: The Concertmaster

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Meet Naavre! :)Lighthouse: All Gifts

• Options
    wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    edited February 2018
    I've finished writing L'ixion's child years and I have them scheduled to be posted every day starting today and ending on the 22nd. I'll try and edit this post every day with the link but if I don't they should be on my blog (if wordpress doesn't glitch out, which it hasn't yet).
    Chapter 20: The Spice Festival
    Chapter 21: Projecting?
    Chapter 22: The Love Guru's Advice
    Chapter 23: Hospital Visit
    Chapter 24 Part 1: The Lady in the Pink Lab Coat
    Chapter 24 Part 2: Consequences
    a5FTA0T.jpg
    Post edited by wendelyne on
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Alright, I am just finishing up the last few chapters before I'm getting ready to release them and return from hiatus! (Hurrah!)
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    Alright, I am just finishing up the last few chapters before I'm getting ready to release them and return from hiatus! (Hurrah!)

Yes, please.
  • Options

Hurray!! I can't wait to see the transformation and how you work it into the story!

I'm working on a bonus chapter at the moment but boy is it taking a toll on me. I should have it ready soon.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    I'm all done! Magnolia and Blossom finally exchange words for the first time. :)

jG9Hm0R.jpg

On writing this:
    I had the idea a while ago to have their first conversation be through writing and I was really looking forward to a chapter that was purely dialogue and pictures. It turned out to be quite challenging, but I'm pleased with the result!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    So excited to see a few chapters that some of you are getting ready to release! :)

My next chapter is going to cover about a two year period, so I want to check with you before I release it.
    After this next chapter, Naavre will be two, November will be three, Octy and Santi will be around nine, and Mallory and Sept will be around 24.

Do any of you need me to wait a bit before I release it? If we're working on collabs, and you need any of these Sims to be two-years younger for the purposes of your story, I'm happy to wait until the timing's better for you! If the time jump doesn't matter, then I'll probably go ahead and release the chapter in the next week or so...
    I'm kinda eager to see two-year-old Naavre! :smiley:

• Options
    @CathyTea I don't think our collab ideas will be affected by age difference :)

I'm on a reading binge today and excited to get to Lighthouse in my list! I miss Sept :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @CathyTea I'm fine with nine-year-old Octy.

Also Taimi will be seven in this next chapter that I just published:

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 26
    lvfltRz.jpg

Time passes - not fast enough, if one asks Taimi.

Have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    So excited to see a few chapters that some of you are getting ready to release! :)

My next chapter is going to cover about a two year period, so I want to check with you before I release it.
    After this next chapter, Naavre will be two, November will be three, Octy and Santi will be around nine, and Mallory and Sept will be around 24.

Do any of you need me to wait a bit before I release it? If we're working on collabs, and you need any of these Sims to be two-years younger for the purposes of your story, I'm happy to wait until the timing's better for you! If the time jump doesn't matter, then I'll probably go ahead and release the chapter in the next week or so...
    I'm kinda eager to see two-year-old Naavre! :smiley:
    Actually, this is great! [Azure and Navi are going to have another child so if we're gonna collab more with them the timeskip kinda makes sense]
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Good news everybody! I'm back (ish) - I've finally gotten around to recreating all of the important characters. Updates will be a little bit sporadic for right now while I run and hunt down pictures, but the good news is that I've got the next ten chapters written out (it's a lot of plot heavy stuff, featuring some of our recurring "villains" if you will), as well as some reshoots of former chapters.

Reminder - Wendy/Kanto may look a bit different, but I think they're close enough to what they used to look like that it shouldn't matter.

@CathyTea In terms of your previous comment:
    I think the time jump will work - now that I've actually got the characters recreated, I will likely want to talk a little bit more via PM about what we've previously discussed, but that should work well with the time jump - I'm also doing a bit of a time jump in the future so that I can start up when Kanto becomes a teenager, but I'm hoping to document some of the "wilderness years" if you will).

Anyway, without further ado, here is the latest chapter:
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    @superkyle221 Awesome job with the remakes! I honestly couldn't tell! :)

That chapter also made me super happy! :)

• Options
    Is anyone interested in singing to Blossom in tomorrow's chapter?

I haven't decide yet whether to have her communicate exactly what she hears to Magnolia or not, but there is a huge opportunity for her to hear a song!

If not, I may have her enjoy some music anyway and reference it vaguely. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

I haven't decide yet whether to have her communicate exactly what she hears to Magnolia or not, but there is a huge opportunity for her to hear a song!

Santi is always playing her violin! :)

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Santi is always playing her violin! :)

I can make that work!
    I haven been so tempted to get Blossom a violin but it makes me sad that Magnolia can't hear it. In a way, I/Magnolia is really depriving Blossom of some things... :'(
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    The game needs drums, that way Magnolia might at least pick up vibrations, I think.
    image.png
  • Options
    The game needs drums, that way Magnolia might at least pick up vibrations, I think.

Cello, too! :)

• Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @Karilan Whisper's always singing to others! And sending pictures of scenery.
  • Options
    @Cathytea @ny275 I'll reference you both, but I'm keeping Blossom's reference vague because I'm implying she has been listening to music for a while!

Once her telepathy is developed (which will happen really soon!) she'll be able to reach out and thank those who sang to her. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    @Cathytea @ny275 I'll reference you both, but I'm keeping Blossom's reference vague because I'm implying she has been listening to music for a while!

Once her telepathy is developed (which will happen really soon!) she'll be able to reach out and thank those who sang to her. :)

Sounds great!