Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Aw, I'm gonna miss the beginning, then. :( But I'll try to get myself to show up later.

Not much has happened yet....
    We got a cat! We got TWO! And then the Cat Lady came by in the Welcome Wagon! And Kar and Xan welcomed her! (CT was off on the docks adopting cats! :)

So we haven't really sat around to talk yet...

And I recolored all the furniture! We've got a beautiful house by @theKalin0Tron ! I love her houses.... she tends to use neutral palettes--I love COLOR! So I always use the swatch tool to recolor everything first off.... now it looks really great for us! So, anyway, this is a long ramble to say that uploading this weekend is in plenty of time!

@superkyle221 I'll grab your SimSelf tomorrow!

Plus anyone else who wants to come...

Plus I need your Origin ID, @For_Eorzea !
    You'll love the kedike! Cookie and Chester! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Here's my latest chapter! Kanto learns about birthdays!

Chapter 15: All the Young Punks
    000_11-12-17_10-05-10c2a0am.png
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Aw, I'm gonna miss the beginning, then. :( But I'll try to get myself to show up later.

We got a cat! We got TWO! And then the Cat Lady came by in the Welcome Wagon! And Kar and Xan welcomed her! (CT was off on the docks adopting cats! :)

And I recolored all the furniture! We've got a beautiful house by @theKalin0Tron ! I love her houses.... she tends to use neutral palettes--I love COLOR! So I always use the swatch tool to recolor everything first off.... now it looks really great for us! So, anyway, this is a long ramble to say that uploading this weekend is in plenty of time!

Oh, awesome! I should check the house out! And my ID is Saaruzka. I didn't have the time to go to the Gallery and check, but if my simself has the very blonde hair, I would like to have it changed to the golden one. Neither really look like mine,but nor do the brown ones. It's something in the middle, with more gold than brown. (And, I am a teen. If you want to change it because school inconveniences could hinder the gameplay, feel free to age the simself up, though it is a little weird since I am kinda short in reality. :smile: )
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    For_Eorzea wrote: »

Oh, awesome! I should check the house out! And my ID is Saaruzka. I didn't have the time to go to the Gallery and check, but if my simself has the very blonde hair, I would like to have it changed to the golden one. Neither really look like mine,but nor do the brown ones. It's something in the middle, with more gold than brown. (And, I am a teen. If you want to change it because school inconveniences could hinder the gameplay, feel free to age the simself up, though it is a little weird since I am kinda short in reality. :smile: )

I do wish we could apply height to Sims. I'm 4'9" and also feel like I should leave my sim in teen mode.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    Karilan wrote: »

I do wish we could apply height to Sims. I'm 4'9" and also feel like I should leave my sim in teen mode.
    One hundred and sixty centimeters here. Yey. And I highly doubt my chances of having a growth spurt.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member

One hundred and sixty centimeters here. Yey. And I highly doubt my chances of having a growth spurt.

I'm shorter than you, Eorz! :D By less than a centimetre but still.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @RipuAncestor Guess what? I lied. As far as I'm concerned, I am around the same height as you! A lie slightly below half a centimetre long, but still. Bad Eorz. The ego boost was totally worth it, tho.
    @RipuAncestor Guess what? I lied. As far as I'm concerned, I am around the same height as you! A lie slightly below half a centimetre long, but still. Bad Eorz. The ego boost was totally worth it, tho.

I like being short. It makes other people underestimate me. Mwahahahaha! Also I put my Simself into the gallery so she should be able join the tea party now... :) I can't wait to see the cats!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)

I like being short. It makes other people underestimate me. Mwahahahaha! Also I put my Simself into the gallery so she should be able join the tea party now... :) I can't wait to see the cats!

You will love the cats! Oh, so cute! They're both sort of tiger/lynx/cheetah fur... both manx bob-tails (or maybe no tail?) and Chester has big blue eyes and fold-over ears! :)

I'll add @superkyle221 @For_Eorzea and @RipuAncestor SimSelves tonight!

I've got @Karilan and @Xantheanmar

And if anyone else wants to join in, please let me know and I will add you to the fun! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @RipuAncestor

The underrestimation part is true, but... Headpats. And "you're adorable, how old are you?" Aaand the cookie jar always kept in sky-reaching heights.
    edited December 2017

You will love the cats! Oh, so cute! They're both sort of tiger/lynx/cheetah fur... both manx bob-tails (or maybe no tail?) and Chester has big blue eyes and fold-over ears! :)

I'll add @superkyle221 @For_Eorzea and @RipuAncestor SimSelves tonight!

I've got @Karilan and @Xantheanmar

And if anyone else wants to join in, please let me know and I will add you to the fun! :)

Yes, I will love the cats. I mean, me too.
    @RipuAncestor

The underrestimation part is true, but... Headpats. And "you're adorable, how old are you?" Aaand the cookie jar always kept in sky-reaching heights.
    Those are annoyances, yes... buuut all of one's life standing on tippy-toes to reach stuff does have the benefit of helping one gain excellent calf-muscles. :)
    My Sims stories:
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @RipuAncestor

Those are annoyances, yes... buuut all of one's life standing on tippy-toes to reach stuff does have the benefit of helping one gain excellent calf-muscles. :)

*waves* I’m short, too! 5’1”

Doomed to the front row in choir and photos. :lol:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Hmm.... should we be suspicious that so many under 5'4" folk are supernaturally interested in extra-Ts? Inquiring minds...

Got an update today, part of the mini-arc with @Xantheanmar 's Elui! Lighthouse: I, Sixty

Hmm.... should we be suspicious that so many under 5'4" folk are supernaturally interested in extra-Ts? Inquiring minds...

Got an update today, part of the mini-arc with @Xantheanmar 's Elui! Lighthouse: I, Sixty

Worry not, @CathyTea! There's naught of concern afoot. We're too short to be stormtroopers.
  • CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member
    Just popping in to be amazed that everyone that's spoken up is short, because I am short as well. Somewhere around 5'4"... I think.
    And I would throw my simself in to the fray for the tea thing, but I want to update her, but I want to wait until after I get Cats and Dogs to update her! Which will be after Christmas. So if there's still tea parties happening after that, I'll think about offering her up. c:
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
    Cyazurai wrote: »
    Just popping in to be amazed that everyone that's spoken up is short, because I am short as well. Somewhere around 5'4"... I think.
    And I would throw my simself in to the fray for the tea thing, but I want to update her, but I want to wait until after I get Cats and Dogs to update her! Which will be after Christmas. So if there's still tea parties happening after that, I'll think about offering her up. c:

Tea parties will be on-going! :) We'll be eager to have you join up!

• wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member

I'm a bit taller than 5'4, but I'm actually not sure how tall I am.
    @wendelyne That pic! :D:o:'(

Hello all,

I'm back with the next chapter of my alien adoption challenge - it's actually a brief interlude from the action as we spring forward in time. Enjoy!

Interlude: The Story So Far
    000_11-25-17_12-01-20c2a0pm.png
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    MXcn53T.jpg

Magnolia puts her talents to use in order to break through to Blossom in chapter 9!

While editing this chapter I realized how quickly chapter 9 snuck up on me! I honestly feel like I'm on chapter 3 or 4. I didn't expect communication to be this big of an issue but it really is a major hurtle...
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    MXcn53T.jpg

Magnolia puts her talents to use in order to break through to Blossom in chapter 9!

While editing this chapter I realized how quickly chapter 9 snuck up on me! I honestly feel like I'm on chapter 3 or 4. I didn't expect communication to be this big of an issue but it really is a major hurtle...

You're catching up to my pace. Quickly. :smile:
    Yeah, communication was a big issue for me too... which made it tricky when Wendy had absolutely no desire to learn the language. I like your solution! Much more practical!
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    Hello! I am 5’7.5”. Would it still be okay for me to join? I can reach up to high places for you guys! :)

Seriously though - would it be okay? It would be a while still - I have pen pal letters to finish first.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.