Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    Morning! I know I've been whining about trying to keep up but I think I might have found a nice little helper for myself! It's a feed reader called Inoreader and I'm going to add everyone! When you read a chapter it grays it out a bit and I just think it'll help keep me organized when I read! :smiley:

I hope this can maybe help someone else catch up! <3

Edit: Oh nooo it only goes 10 posts back... T_T

Oh no, 10 posts would not be enough for me either!

I keep a draft email with all the story links I'm reading. Every time I read a chapter I replace the link so I always know where I left off. If I catch up, I move the story to the bottom of the list so I can work on other ones.

I only occasionally forget to update which chapter I'm on. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    Morning! I know I've been whining about trying to keep up but I think I might have found a nice little helper for myself! It's a feed reader called Inoreader and I'm going to add everyone! When you read a chapter it grays it out a bit and I just think it'll help keep me organized when I read! :smiley:

I keep a draft email with all the story links I'm reading. Every time I read a chapter I replace the link so I always know where I left off. If I catch up, I move the story to the bottom of the list so I can work on other ones.

@Karilan SEE that's my problem - I've tried that with a google doc but I guess I'm too lazy or forgetful to go back and edit? :cold_sweat: I'll get there some day. MAYBE THIS AFTERNOON. ;)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr

@Karilan SEE that's my problem - I've tried that with a google doc but I guess I'm too lazy or forgetful to go back and edit? :cold_sweat: I'll get there some day. MAYBE THIS AFTERNOON. ;)

My intention is to get caught up and use the notification emails I get as a check list for chapters to read. Getting caught up is umm...yea...a problem. :sweat:

On a similar note though, I've read 4/15 of the alien stories here. 2 weeks to go...I need to step it up!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Karilan I'm making it tough for you to catch up! Sorry! <3

Here's the next Septemus chapter: Septemus 60.

I'll likely be posting a chapter a day for a while because I've got a backlog waiting in my drafts folder and some plot development I'm itching to get to!

But, they're short! You can read them in three minutes or less! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @Karilan I'm making it tough for you to catch up! Sorry! <3

Here's the next Septemus chapter: Septemus 60.

I'll likely be posting a chapter a day for a while because I've got a backlog waiting in my drafts folder and some plot development I'm itching to get to!

But, they're short! You can read them in three minutes or less! :)

Haha it's no problem. You added a new bundle of joy to the team and that can never be seen as a bad thing!

I'm focusing more heavily on reading new stories, and only "catching up" on stories once a week.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Two updates from me in one week? It's a miracle!

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 11
    aPn9KFL.jpg

Mila hits the books, and Mila and Taimi make a new acquaintance.

Have a nice day everyone!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Well, I'm definitely going to have to go on a catching-up binge of all your stories soon! Looking forward to it :)
    Pandora's Box - Youth and Beauty
    092.jpg
    (I had to choose this picture - look at that ridiculous face she's pulling!)

signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    I love all the mogotogo SOOOO much! <3 You all are amazing at creating adorable, complex, lovable endearing kids!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Thanks for the feature @Thymeless ! Can't wait for Blossom to join the crew!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    Thanks for the feature @Thymeless ! Can't wait for Blossom to join the crew!

I was so excited to see her! :)

Got the next chapter ready! Septemus 61

Teenage Pandora - and Harmony, of course - is in the gallery now! I'll put an updated list of CC in the next chapter (already screenshotted). Because they have CC, you'll need to get them from in-game, but I'd recommend waiting until the list is up so you can get her properly :) she's under the hashtag AlienAdoptionChallenge. Oh! And if you're going to use her in a chapter, message me first - there's one thing that may confuse you when taking screenshots with her in a particular situation, but it's easily remedied with MC Command Center and I can talk you through it.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Hello friends! Another question for you. It's for another story, but I figured you guys would be the best source of info.

Can you see Sixam from Sim's Earth? (Is it Earth? Do we have a different name for it?)
    Are there are any known or named stars in the Sims universe that are seen from Earth?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Karilan I personally like to think of "Sims Earth" as Earth but with a bit of Sims-logic and Sims-related place names (such as SimNation in place of USA). So it's Earth but in a bit of a different dimension than our Earth. So all stars that can be seen from this Earth are also seen from Sims Earth. I also imagine that Sixam isn't close enough to be seen from the Earth.

But that's just how I see it. What do the others think?
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    edited October 2017
    @Karilan I'm kind of setting mine waaaayyyyy in the past of my Centauri Legacy (Like, three/four centuries before it), and I had it be a very distant little light in the sky if I can remember right - it was generation one.
    You can see it clearer with an observatory, but if you look really hard you can see the speck that is Sixam some nights :) That's just me, though. Plus, things change over centuries so there's a chance that it wasn't visible during all this, but will be in the future - or that it's simply a different universe. It's sci-fi, so freedom!
    (Am I making any sense? I'm really tired)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Thanks @RipuAncestor and @Thymeless both make sense!

I consider Sim's version of Earth the same way, where things are similar but named differently. I will likely pull inspiration from existing constellations and change their names to be Sim-like then :)

This might be a bit of a reach, but I wonder if more stars/planets might have been visible for Sims at an earlier time before there was as much pollution and city lights?

In real life, it's always amazing to me how you can't see stars in the city even though the stars are so far away...our lights shouldn't be nearly powerful enough to block such a view. :( But on the fridges of a small town, where there's less electricity, the sky looks completely different.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    @Karilan That's also possible! I mean, the legacy is in Newcrest which was completely undeveloped. Forgotten Hollow is pretty dark, too. Maybe it can't be seen in cities, but can in small towns/the countryside!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    edited October 2017
    I see Earth the way you guys do...

I guess I was having Sept see "the far star" when he was a little guy, so that would be Sixam's sun (or one of them...)

But the rebels aren't on Sixam... I'd imagine they were hidden somewhere, maybe through a wormhole, outside of detection of the Mainstreamers.
    @allysimbuilds I don't see Baxini'vre and Batuotuo as having grown up on Sixam, do you? I see them growing up somewhere very remote and idyllic...

I see the Mainstreamers as having a huge colony expanding across galaxies--they're always looking for resources! (using that as a cruel euphemism for their hideous crimes).

Look at this for total amazingness and inspiration! http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/astronomy/UDS/gallery/zoom1.html

• For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    Here's tonight's installment of Septemus! Chapter 62

Pandora is now a teenager! Let me know if you want her to visit, and we can collab :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Oh! Guys!
    I was thinking, it wouldn't really make sense for human vampires to be able to turn extraterrestrials into vampires. They're completely different DNA-wise. Vice versa would apply, too! :) I imagine that if the thing that turns humans into vampires got into ET blood, it would act more as a virus or the body would reject it, like blood transfusions and organ transplants can get rejected if they aren't compatible.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Thymeless wrote: »
    Oh! Guys!
    I was thinking, it wouldn't really make sense for human vampires to be able to turn extraterrestrials into vampires. They're completely different DNA-wise. Vice versa would apply, too! :) I imagine that if the thing that turns humans into vampires got into ET blood, it would act more as a virus or the body would reject it, like blood transfusions and organ transplants can get rejected if they aren't compatible.

I think a virus makes sense! Interested to see why this is on your mind and how it will affect your story. ;)

I wrote a story once where the vampirism that humans conceive was actually a weakened/mutated form of a demonic virus because their bodies couldn't handle the change. The blood lust was more of a craving the body had to try to repair itself. It was fun to work out the differences even though it was the same strain of sickness.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    @Karilan That sounds awesome! Is it a story on your site?
    Also, I would tell you why, but no =p You'll have to wait just a little longer, I'm afraid.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Unfortunately not, it's an extremely long series that has been in the works (more in my mind than on paper) for years. I've contemplated using simlit to properly piece together the first draft.

Haha that's ok, I'm willing to wait! I'm so curious to see what happens with Panda, since I see so many parallels between her and her caregiver.
    D2vFwMN.jpg