Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin problems

OK, I have all the stuff packs and additional content for Sims 3. I bought some expansion and stuff packs from Origin. However, when I view my games library in Origin under extra content, some expansion and stuff packs are not being shown. On top of it, on Origin, there is an option to buy these packs even though I have already bought them. I have a few expansion and stuff packs on the disc itself.

The question is, how can I make Origin know that I have these packs? For example, I bought "Dragon Valley Gold Edition" via Origin, but when I click on Sims 3 under extra content, it does not show up. Can anyone help? Thanks.

:'(

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hi there. Honestly, it doesn't matter what Origin says you have or not, it gets it all wrong much of the time. There are different versions of some of the EPs, Limited Editions for example, that it regards as different packs and no one should have to buy both editions of any of these. The important thing is that when you start your game through Origin and it does the handoff to the Launcher, all of the Expansion and Stuff Packs you intend to have in play are showing up on the Launcher Expansions and Stuff tab and are checked off if you want them to load.

If, on the other hand, you purchased codes for any of these packs from an unauthorized re-seller, even if a very long time ago, there could be something else going on. EA is revoking the use of improperly obtained codes in many cases as they were essentially stolen from them.

Dragon Valley, any edition, is not an Expansion/Stuff Pack, it's a store world (with added content). Even if you purchased the download code for DV from Origin, it will never show up in Origin or on the Launcher tab. It should be in your store purchases on the TS3 site, after redeeming the purchased code there. Once downloaded from the store and installed, by way of the Launcher like other store content, it will provide the world and its objects for play as you start up. In these cases, Origin is just acting as a purchasing agent, but it doesn't actually provide the content.

Edited: for clarity
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    cdeschacdescha Posts: 1 New Member
    I despise Origin, every other night something is missing from my game. Tonight I had some time to sit down and have fun, well again. my expansions are missing. I have to log out and log in again, and there there, and you know how long it takes to log into the game.
    Then I went into EDIT TOWN mode and could not edit anything. every time i clicked on the community building it took me there but I could not get into BUY MODE, not matter how many times I tried.
    For some reason I decided to delete the Movie theater and first moved it. I found 4 sims inside the building as if they were stuck there, very funny, at first. so i used the cheat move to move them out and place them on the curb, and was able to leave the building. then decided to go the the grocery store which is the lot i wanted to build on and found the same thing there. After i fixed everything i tried to save and it just kept saving for 1/2 hr. that's when I gave up and ended the game.
    I'm very disappointed with having to have Origin running in the background taking up more memory than my PC can afford.
    I will never buy another expansion pack again or any games involving Origin.
    My Sims 3 ran fine when I bought it back in 2012 WITHOUT Origin, I might add.
    :( very unhappy customer
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    cdescha wrote: »
    I despise Origin, every other night something is missing from my game. Tonight I had some time to sit down and have fun, well again. my expansions are missing. I have to log out and log in again, and there there, and you know how long it takes to log into the game.
    Then I went into EDIT TOWN mode and could not edit anything. every time i clicked on the community building it took me there but I could not get into BUY MODE, not matter how many times I tried.
    For some reason I decided to delete the Movie theater and first moved it. I found 4 sims inside the building as if they were stuck there, very funny, at first. so i used the cheat move to move them out and place them on the curb, and was able to leave the building. then decided to go the the grocery store which is the lot i wanted to build on and found the same thing there. After i fixed everything i tried to save and it just kept saving for 1/2 hr. that's when I gave up and ended the game.
    I'm very disappointed with having to have Origin running in the background taking up more memory than my PC can afford.
    I will never buy another expansion pack again or any games involving Origin.
    My Sims 3 ran fine when I bought it back in 2012 WITHOUT Origin, I might add.
    :( very unhappy customer
    I'm not going to even attempt to defend the need to have Origin running for a Patch 1.69 game, but am not quite getting the issue here. If sims are inside of a building that is being demolished, they are simply reset and sent home. If you use the Move Object On cheat on sims of any kind in TS3, that will lead to game corruption.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net