Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is City Living EP Still Buggy?

13...Next

Comments

• TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I'm hoping that since July only gave us one patch that this month will be a little better when it comes to addressing the problems that are hindering us from enjoying proper gaming in City Living. Buuut.....I'm sure they'll make sure light settings work and give us another stupid lamp instead pfft.....
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    It's still buggy as hell, at least for me San Myshuno is almost completely unplayable at this point. When a festival happens outside of my apartment my sims keep freezing and nodding their heads. Simulation lag is tragic. Not even gonna mention speed 3 being unusable. If there only was a way to disable festivals!
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    > @Tomatplante said:
    > Something I don't see anyone mention yet is the overlapping festivals. There is a bug with the changing food stalls and spawning of festivals that has been there since release, it doesn't seem like they intend to fix it even though it's pretty bad. Basically if you leave the festival area before it has ended, the objets will still be there when you get back - but they won't be functional, and they'll overlap with and block newly spawned objects. You can get some pretty horrible chaos scenes where a new festival spawns while the last one is still stuck.

I was waiting to see if anyone would mentioned this. It's a huge problem for me :(
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    > @Tomatplante said:
    > Something I don't see anyone mention yet is the overlapping festivals. There is a bug with the changing food stalls and spawning of festivals that has been there since release, it doesn't seem like they intend to fix it even though it's pretty bad. Basically if you leave the festival area before it has ended, the objets will still be there when you get back - but they won't be functional, and they'll overlap with and block newly spawned objects. You can get some pretty horrible chaos scenes where a new festival spawns while the last one is still stuck.

I was waiting to see if anyone would mentioned this. It's a huge problem for me :(

Have you tried always staying until they end and disappear 100%? This helps most people so maybe that's why no one's discussing it anymore. Shouldn't be happening though, can't believe it's never been addressed in a patch.
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    Never had a problem with CL since i got it. Yeah a few annoying tiny glitches but nothing serious. I seriously hope some of these things get fixed for you all!
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    LauraMSim wrote: »
    Never had a problem with CL since i got it. Yeah a few annoying tiny glitches but nothing serious. I seriously hope some of these things get fixed for you all!

How long have you had it? Mine started nice when I first got it then suddenly got goony with more pack installs and patches. Things seem to slowly be going in and out with it like the protests and free boxes, but the flea market is seriously glitched. I also still have people going to festivals wearing messed up combos of clothing. I never had trouble with festivals glitching over each other, thankfully. I hope your CL stays proper my friend! And here's to hoping the issues the rest of us are having gets resolved soon.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    > @Tomatplante said:

Have you tried always staying until they end and disappear 100%? This helps most people so maybe that's why no one's discussing it anymore. Shouldn't be happening though, can't believe it's never been addressed in a patch.

Yeah its a major problem for loads of people. Staying until the end of the festival does not always fix the problem. Recently, I stayed until the end of the Spice Festival and watched all the festival stuff being removed. All of it went. But, I was still left with the massive mess of food stalls etc that had been present before the festival loaded. A real mess by EA and it is a major element of City Living.

EA should offer a 50% discount on the Cats&Dogs expansion to all those of us struggling on with Major City Living bugs.

SQAw8tS.jpg