Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• Katie_LouKatie_Lou Posts: 29 Member
    New (and clueless) to these forums, but thought I'd finally have a look over here after reading @ciane's 3 renovacies. These are really interesting stories, I love the idea of a shorter challenge. Going to catch up on everyone's updates ASAP!
    "Language is wine upon the lips." —Virginia Woolf
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited January 2018
    Aw, @fleshjenn - doen't the game know just when to spring some shenanigans?!

Yay, you'll have to be a bit more chatty here to move up from new member status, @Katie_Lou!

I decided to do the Newton Brown renovation that @Mmdrgntobldrgn next. Of course, I have a totally different take on it than she does; but turning that big crater into a pond is definitely one thing we'll have in common.

Here's my start: https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/pit
    I'm working on it, @ciane! I like how you've started with the Newton-Brown renovation, especially the merging of the smaller buildings into one larger one. It's important to keep all the kiddo's close.

I've actually started with the Warehouse renovation in my game, but I haven't put the pictures and words together yet. I think I've still a few more posts to go here before I can share links, anyway. But that's a nice aim to work towards.
    I left a note for simmers to come here and like your comments, Katie. Hopefully, you'll be a full member soon.

I've added Monday's play now to my story: https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/pit/mon
    Maybe I'll stay in sync with real days and sim days for awhile. :D
    I enjoyed your Monday update, @ciane - good to see the children are becoming friends.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Hello

As Ciane, said I've gone a very different direction with the Newton-Brown's, although this time I'm having better luck with relationships, sort of Pamela and Kathy are still on rocky terms, but otherwise everyone is getting on a bit better.

Lot at the start of the week. The two pit ponds filled in on their own with the first heavy rain during week one.
    screenshot-3_27_orig.jpg

Update is up, if all you want to see are how the house is looking then skip to the bottom ;)
    http://mamadragonssims.weebly.com/renovation-challenges/newton-brown-week-2

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited January 2018
    I really like where you're taking your challenge, @Mmdrgntobldrgn - how interesting to see the pits fill up with rainwater, I've never seen that happen before.

I started the Warehouse renovacy here. I've never played 3 completely unrelated, non romantic sims in a household together before so it's nice to be experiencing new things.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Katie_Lou wrote: »
    I really like where you're taking your challenge, @Mmdrgntobldrgn - how interesting to see the pits fill up with rainwater, I've never seen that happen before.

I started the Warehouse renovacy here. I've never played 3 completely unrelated, non romantic sims in a household together before so it's nice to be experiencing new things.

I think it depends on the world and lot location in relation to world water/sea/river table.

In ts2 if you're in the right town and build below a certain level the sims would walk around under water on the lot, it was a fun glitch to play with.

Have fun with playing with the new game experiences.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hello again :)

Euan and Patience McPhail are fun and brought smiles when I needed them.
    Hopefully you like them as much as I do!

Here is Week ONE in "No Room for Phailure".
    I think it depends on the world and lot location in relation to world water/sea/river table.

In ts2 if you're in the right town and build below a certain level the sims would walk around under water on the lot, it was a fun glitch to play with.

Have fun with playing with the new game experiences.

You learn something new everyday! I very rarely play around with terrain adjustment, but your Newton-Brown lot is looking fantastic and making me want to experiment. I'm so impressed with the stilts you have going into the pit - I wouldn't know where to begin with that!

Oooo, triplets! @ADWilson - rather you than I! >:)
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Hello again :)

Euan and Patience McPhail are fun and brought smiles when I needed them.
    Hopefully you like them as much as I do!

Here is Week ONE in "No Room for Phailure".

I really liked making them, and their back story - I liked Euan's shyness and insecurity. And I had fun building the house too, so it's lovely to see someone else enjoying them as well.
    Katie_Lou wrote: »

I really liked the idea of Kirsten stripping off and washing the clothes - never thought of that as a story line before. Neat!
    Wow! Everyone has been busy! I love coming on here and seeing all the stories! I think I have already commented on everyone's stories either on the word press accounts or on my page, but @ADWilson, I love your title! Nice play on words.

I like that everyone has chosen different stories to tell as well; though, I am doubling up with Mama Dragon this time around.
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    @SamelaRita it was actually cianes stories that brought me here. and while I was reading through the different challenges I realized I actually had read your Natalya Danilova renovancy awhile back. I had found it interesting but at the time I was only hoping in and out and not playing my game. This week has been terrible for me. It started out with a bad virus that kept me in bed, then when I went to work I found they had been making some drastic changes. thankfully I am still employed. but I am soo ready to disappear in game for the night.
    Good to know you still have a job @fleshjenn! So sorry to hear about that nasty virus! We've had so many sick here, the hospitals are full. I saw two patients at the clinic taken away by ambulance while I was doctor's office earlier this week.
    edited February 2018
    Sorry it's been a bad week, @fleshjenn my love, fingers crossed your next one is better!

@ciane - loved your Tues and JJ updates. The basement is a great addition, and yay for Kathy having a little space of her own. Happy birthday to the eldest two.
    Post edited by Katie_Lou on
    Sending positive vibes for continued healing and less stressful times at work from here on out, @fleshjenn :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited February 2018
    I've read everyone's stories, ya all are so creative :)

I have never done a challenge of any kind with my sims, I know, I know, how could I play for years and never try one?!?!

Anyhow, I'm going to give the McPhail one a try, OMG right!!

I have questions. Can I use the the Lifetime Rewards to help make life easier?

Can I sell the time machine for funds?
    Kgaff wrote: »

I have never done a challenge of any kind with my sims, I know, I know, how could I play for years and never try one?!?!

Hi @Kgaff Yes you can use lifetime rewards to make things easier (or harder!) No, you can't sell the time machine for funds! They haven't earned it. Let us know how it goes - post some pictures if you want: it's lovely seeing what people do.
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    Thanks for the positive vibes everyone! I had one of those fail moments this morning. my alarm went off and I started getting dressed thinking about work, it was only after I brushed my teeth that I remembered it was my day off!! lmao
    had to try and clean my game a bit. Tara has been having routing issues and items getting stuck in her hands quite a bit. I reset her once and it changed her bed and some of it seems to have gone away. my sim lucked into 3 moonstones while collecting. brought in $1,700 much needed funds. and a flower for $600. Its good to find the high dollar items cause they have been to moody to collect much. I had to stop the grandfather from kicking out mom the other day. I didn't know they could do that on their own.

Does anyone else get confused about the towns? Like I knew there was a lot of snakes by the warehouse so I was gonna send them there, then I remembered that was in AP not RV, then I couldn't remember where the mines were.

Sorry you're having routing issues with Tara, @fleshjenn. Hopefully the reset will be the end of that bit of mischief.
    o.O Goodness, I didn't think that would happen either. I shall have to pay attention when I try my hand with the railway one.

Yes! Collecting is going rather well with the McPhail family too. I had no idea how valuable some of those flowers were until Patience gathered them.

** raises hand **
    I do. My legacy story is set in Riverview so I'm familiar with it, building-wise. Collecting, not so much. Nor can I find information to assist in that regard like I have for Sunset Valley. Ah well, part of what keeps it from being same-old same-old.
    Yep, I do get a bit turned around when playing different worlds @fleshjenn.

Yay, @Kgaff - I am glad you'll be joining in the fun here!

I'm happy you are reading and liking my progress as well, @Katie_Lou!
    Kgaff wrote: »

Super happy you're joining in all the fun that can be found here, @Kgaff :)
    Your builds are beautiful! I know my McPhail family will wish they were living there ... if I show it to them. Which I won't. LOL
    Friday & Saturday passed while I polished this chapter, but I figure it is as good as it's going to get.
    Or perhaps I'm just antsy to get going on the next week. ** puts finger to mouth ** Shhh!

Week TWO
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Well, I made it though day one. Not much happened. I made a few bucks from dumpster diving but didn't get much. I mean really what good are butterflies?
    I think on day two it will be flower picking and I hope we find some good ones because whoa baby, we need the money.

Here's my first entry http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934538/the-mcphail-renovacy-a-challenge-day1-week-1/p1?new=1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top