Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @SamelaRita ~ I hope you have a chance to get a haunted house ghost in one of your games. The effect lasts a couple of hours, I think, and is fun to watch. I like the look of lining up lit pumpkins ... it reminds me of doing it with my family. Our daughter joined three of her cousins one year and each had a pumpkin to carve. We recorded the fun they had and still periodically watch it. Good times.

Nicknames that aren't planned and grow on you are some of the best ones out there :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    LOVED both stories and am just sad that I now I must wait for another!
    I guess it is my turn to update, but I would still rather read your stories.

https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/an/an2
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    But I love reading yours, @ciane , plus I get so many good ideas from the way you do interiors and exteriors. They're definitely showing up in my ordinary gameplay (the stuff I just do for fun, rather than as a story to put up). :)
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    House is looking good.

I'm curious, did the aliens leave anything behind? ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Left a comment on your blog @ciane and essentially asked the same question as GranMamaD :smiley:
    Inquiring minds want to know!
    It doesn't look like it yet. He has had no unexplained weight gain. I was thinking I might have to redesign the floor plan for a bit!
    Good Morning :)

As the second week draws to a close, Luke continues to show that there is plenty to write about.
    Letter 11

Be sure to read the Bonus Letter and House Week Two that are included! Since there is plenty to ponder, we'll pick up their story again next week.
    I loved having more to read. Thank you, Addy! I enjoyed all the new pages.
    I NEED more to read!!! But it is better to give than receive, right? So, here's what's happening in my play:
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/an/an3
    And, yeah, with nothing to read and hubby working nights, I've another for you:

http://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/an/an4/
    Catching up with you all while I'm on holiday (weather's not great, but the place is lovely, and so is the company: my husband!)
    @ciane : I love all the glassed-in additions at the front and back of the house. And the way you've taken MamaD's story on.
    @ADWilson I'm looking forward to seeing how the dog breeding goes! That's a great idea. I like the way Luke's changing slowly and steadily, and valuing the children more and more. Loved the hair colour too!
    Well, I finished the challenge for @Mmdrgntobldrgn.

https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/an/an5

I think I'll play them just a little longer to play test the build and share's monthly challenge.

It's great to see you pop in @SamelaRita. Sorry the weather isn't perfect for you, but glad you are enjoying your vacation anyway.
    Hopefully the weather will improve, but am glad you're enjoying your holiday anyway @SamelaRita :)

Speaking of weather ... we had a heavy rainstorm last night and it kicked out our power for about an hour. The winds were quite fierce and blew ran in through the small gap our front door has (original door, home built in the late 50s/early 60s). This is how we learned we had a small gap, lol. Not. It also kicked out our wireless router so hubby will be taking a look at that tonight and seeing what can be done or if we have to get a new one.

Enjoyed the ending to your latest renovation @ciane :)
    All "Write"

Tom isn’t sure if he is all right with a certain situation involving his best friend but unless his help is sought, Luke thinks he’ll stay out of it and let the two friends sort things out.
    Letter 12
    I hope those vacations were all you hoped they would be! Now, relax, catch up on laundry and housework, and enjoy some simming and catching up!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Lot's of reading while the laundry dries in the sun, yay. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @ciane Finished your story - I liked the trees on Chuck's wall, going with his outdoor sporty nature so well. Loved the transformation from the one-room-more-or-less beginning. And I like the way Alvara now has a new life, new home, new family of her own. How's things with you? We came back to discover that there's been a heatwave (up to the high 80's!) and everywhere is all brown and parched looking. Thankfully, my lovely neighbours watered my garden for me while I was away, or I'd have been coming back to the Sahara Desert.
    @ADWilson Liked the letter! And Tom coping with the idea that his sister might date his best friend...a bit like Luke seeing his best friend date his sister, though he didn't seem to have such a problem with it. Maybe he can share his matching experience with Tom? And how's the lone girl doing among all that testosterone?
    Hoping to get back into my story soon...but there's still a lot of ironing to do, though the washing's all done. And a little bit of unpacking. And various bits of post to deal with...maybe later, maybe not!
    @SamelaRita Heatwaves aren't fun, but it's nice to know that your neighbors helped keep your garden going while you were gone. Thank you for your comments, they've given me some "food for thought" about possibilities regarding Tom and Abigail.
    Along the "Write" Lines

Luke comes to the realization that Lucy’s plan is not only raising her children along the right lines, but him as well.
    Letter 13
    Yay! Another chapter! Love to come onto the forums and see one waiting!

It's been so hot here too. Luckily we have lots of stored rain water to help out our lawn. We are supposed to get thunderstorms today sometime. Both Hubby and I have appointments, so I am hoping there will be a break or easing up in the weather as we drive to and from the doctor, dentist, and occupational therapist. Of course, it hasn't started yet; but I'm not sure it'll hold off that long.

I hope your ironing goes quickly enough and you catch up from vacation soon. Have you heard the saying that one needs a vacation from/after the vacation? There's always so much to do when you get back!

We plan a weekend away in a couple weeks and then a couple weeks off to Germany next month. Then, the summer will be over, so we'll stay put for a bit.

I look forward to more storytelling whenever you can fit it in.
    Patience is a virtue, but stories are enjoyable!!!
    ciane wrote: »
    Patience is a virtue, but stories are enjoyable!!!
    Looking forward to things is half the pleasure of them.
    Lucy Maud Montgomery

Hopefully this half was worth the wait!

Getting it "Write"
    Luke knows there is more to raising four teens than making space in their home, keeping a well-stocked fridge and teaching them to drive. He hopes that he is getting it right when it comes to listening to their concerns and offering advice.
    Letter 14
    I like seeing them growing up! Am waiting to see how Abigail's relationship with Ethan turns out...The dog puddle was funny ;)
    I'm halfway through my next chapter, but got sidetracked by Ciane's toddler training challenge (I didn't make it!) Might upload the family though - making them took up one whole day's simming time, so someone might be glad of them. They should be cc free, as I didn't use any with them.
    I like L. M. Montgomery - which is your favourite of her books? And why?
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    I like seeing them growing up! Am waiting to see how Abigail's relationship with Ethan turns out...The dog puddle was funny ;)
    I'm halfway through my next chapter, but got sidetracked by Ciane's toddler training challenge (I didn't make it!) Might upload the family though - making them took up one whole day's simming time, so someone might be glad of them. They should be cc free, as I didn't use any with them.
    I like L. M. Montgomery - which is your favourite of her books? And why?

I'm also enjoy seeing them as teens, but a bit sad since I know this means the challenge will be ending soon-ish. I have a little more than a SimWeek to go ... eep ... going to miss this family.

Abigail and Ethan. I don't know if this was a good idea or not, too early to tell.

The dog puddle wasn't funny on my end as I had directed him to go outside to do his business. The game often ignores my queued actions with the dogs. Annoying.

I also like the idea of ciane's toddler training challenge but don't need another challenge taking away from the one I'm on or my legacy family story. Maybe when I make some progress in both I could "reward" myself. Speaking of reward, my daughter just finished her summer semester last night and has approximately a month off before starting fall (her last semester before graduating with a Bachelor degree!!!). She asked for a specific snack (chocolate and cheese puffs) and time watching shows together (anime and slowly working our way through Game of Thrones) as her reward so I think you'll know where to find the two of us after she gets off work this afternoon.

Would be interested to see the family you created for the tt challenge.

Confession time, I sought a quote that I thought would pair well with ciane's patience comment. I read a couple of L.M. Montgomery's books when a teen and visiting my great-aunt for the summer but didn't continue with the series when I got back home. I should have. A few years ago, our niece played a small part in a community production of Anne of Green Gables and it was a nice change of pace from modern settings. Daughter watched Emily of New Moon when she was younger and really liked the show ... it wasn't until I looked up the author to see if I had a favorite book that I discovered she had also written this. I think I might need to browse my library and do research so I can give you a better answer ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top