Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    thanks @ciane I was able to get the world reinstalled this morning. and played for a bit with no troubles. ive had a lot to do today at home and haven't been able to sit at my computer long to write but its a relief I was able to save the family.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited March 2018
    lol this game comes up with the weirdest things. I wanted to take a look at some of the other families in the town so I copied the save and changed households. at first I was beginning to think that weirdest thing I was going to encounter was that all the townies had boats and cheap cars in their backpacks. but then I come across the Simms household. The father was a witch, the mother was an evil mermaid, and the child was a recent college graduate! lol he had the moodlet for graduating and a certificate for a business degree. he may have been insane too as he was walking around the library wearing a snorkel and swim fins.

screenshot-468.jpg

A child genius, huh? He has great fashion sense with that color coordination. Maybe he's on his way to swim now that he is leaving the library!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @fleshjenn Really pleased to hear you managed to rescue your world! Three cheers for @ciane and her solutions! Love the child genius in the snorkel outfit...
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Big changes have been happening in my game. I'll be playing two to three more sim weeks past this update, before switching to the next family, and if you pay attention I've dropped hints regarding who's next. :)

I know that I'll be switching at a point that's technically not considered the end of the challenge, this however is decidedly the consequence of playing on epic mode. I could have been fully finished, about two sim weeks ago, but have set a certain sim goal mark instead of the renovation goal mark this round.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    I play based on a technicality. The rules say until the youngest child is an adult. So, in my opinion, babies and toddlers aren't children :) I do, however, consider young adult to be an adult. So, I play less than two weeks usually, as I have both children and teens set at 7 days each. It makes for a fast turn-around for me, and challenges me to finish the renovation quickly.
    edited March 2018
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn The hair pranks are so funny! Especially as she's doing them off her own bat...Like the way you slowly changed the parents so that their relationship changed in a very convincing way. Regina's due to change as a person too - it's taken her ages to get enough points because she hardly ever has time to fulfil her own wishes, she's so busy looking after the others. I think she's nearly there. Like the look of the building too.
    Post edited by SamelaRita on
    Next chapter - I'd hoped to do it over the weekend, but what with the snow and everything, the weekend got hectic! Link here:
    http://samelasstories.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/the-hutchins-and-mojica-renovacy_19.html
    <3

Love how you have them growing. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    It's nice to see the change in Regina over time. I wish the same could be said for Viriato!
    @ciane It's fun seeing your house develop so differently from mine! Thanks for the comment on the end of the chapter too :) I've just about ticked all the renovation boxes on mine, but not the relationship ones yet...next chapter, I need to address those, I think! Looking forward to seeing your finished house.
    I've ticked off, all but age related check boxes for the Stones. Tomorrow I write their final update, although I'm sure they'll pop up from time to time in the future.

I managed to properly work custard to clear the cc from the next renovation. Besides the option of the part time job, are there any other special instructions I should be aware of @SamelaRita . I'm thinking 4 to 6 sim weeks to complete the next one.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited March 2018
    Newton-Brown Week 2

My internet is really driving me crazy tonight. If this small town had anything better I would change companies in a heartbeat. I had to change up the writing style this time around, hopefully I left enough humor for you to still enjoy.

I have been keeping up with everyones updates! I really enjoy relaxing with your stories.
    Post edited by fleshjenn on
    @fleshjenn lovely update. Fyi, the link has an extra http in it.

Would you like some tips on where to find collectables? I've been playing the island for a while now. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited March 2018
    Yaaaaay for more stories to read! I had a challenge with mine today. They kept glitching at the library. If I reset the adult or teen, then the toddler would disappear with them back to the house even though there was another there. Then Overwatch cleaned up all the books I had on the floor for them at 3am! I finally just was happy leaving Viriato standing frozen while one tot read and the other was read to! Then Overwatch sent him home all by himself, leaving the tot with the others and I had to send Viriato back in a cab (poor eco-friendly guy!). Ah well, I am so ready for them all to grow up. Three have birthdays today and the tots tomorrow though I will probably let them have cakes and grow them up a day early as they've learned everything they can and I don't want to take them back to the library to check for books they didn't read!

I hope your week has been going really well.
    I fixed the link above.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn that would be useful. I have been searching my studio for a sim with a collection helper so I can take a peek and see what is spawning. there is only one place I found a good deal of metals and gems, and of course the cannery festival grounds I used have plenty of wildflowers. I haven't come across any small animals in my game though. or any beetles and butterflies. I am hoping with the lots I placed I didn't destroy any town spawners. I had to bulldoze the entire lot and rezone before I could place the rabbit hole buildings.

@ciane how much of a boost does reading to the toddlers give them? my sims are usually quite busy and I only teach toddlers to walk, talk, and potty. But maybe in another challenge I can focus more on skilling.
    edited March 2018
    Oh, reading the books to the them at the library is much faster than at home and they learn logic, painting, and writing.

So, reading the logic books will add an extra skill point to those gained by the peg board or can simply replace the peg board - one point for each book, I believe. If you go as far as possible on the peg board, you can only gain 3 logic skills. Reading all the pink smart/count books add an extra skill point to those earned on the peg box (or abacus) for a total of four.

It works the same way for the other books, except the pink Harry Potter imitation ones. Toddlers reading those will never show completion or even status, but adults will read them to the toddlers and finish the action. You can cancel the action on a toddler after so much time and it still counts as a book read as long as they read it long enough. That's all the Harry Potter series does though - counts as a book read so that the writing time can improve.

I feel it's most important get through the three painting and writing books.
    Post edited by ciane on
    @fleshjenn
    Here you go.
    Click spoiler for pic sans brief note.
    spawners_orig.jpg
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    When I am done with the renovation challenges I will probably never play on epic again. Bleeble.

Finally for the Stones.

The last couple of posts I've hinted at who's next, no hints this time ... just a borrowed picture and a set up segment. ;)

@SamelaRita besides the pt job, are there any other special instructions I should keep in mind, such as starting funds or extra goals beyond the renovation and restoration.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Yay, I was hoping there would be another story to read! I like the ending! :D
    thanks for the information @ciane and @Mmdrgntobldrgn I also enjoyed both your chapters. I didn't do much gameplay today. just cleaned up a few files and saved some patterns for use in later builds.
    I'm afraid all the allergy medication I have had to take lately has messed me up somewhat and I'm just kinda blah. that and trying to get my sleep schedule back into routine after a bout of insomnia. but it could always be worse. I should be back to playing in a day or two.
    have fun everyone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top