Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Woot looking forward to seeing what you do with them @fleshjenn .

Meanwhile, I felt up to the challenge of monitoring sims on freewill yesterday and plunged back in my game, I won't lie I'm very happy with what my sims accomplished.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @fleshjenn The island is the perfect setting for them! And it looks really good too. Looking forward to seeing how this one develops for you.
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn glad to see your family is working together!
    lol funny how I was just thinking I needed to build a library on the island. the kids get overheated playing outside all day and need a place to learn some skills.
    edited March 2018
    Next quilt picture! And why there's no next chapter yet...
    Vou30Y.jpg
    Hi Everyone! well it took a bit but I was able to make another post

Newton-Brown Page 2

I didnt realize the twins would age up so quickly like that! I am quite pleased with how pretty the girls turned out. The birthdays were off in my game and I had to buy some cakes to age the boys.

While Im really liking how easy the town is, I need to take some time to create some more buildings for it. I could really use a salon, thrift store, and library.
    anyone know any good builders? lol
    @fleshjenn Liked the update! And how the house is coming on. What size library do you want? - I like making those (seeing as I'm a library addict myself) and what style? - I'll build you one very happily if you like. Do you want it to go with the general feel of the island?
    Chapter 8 - a short one (for me!) but otherwise it was going to turn into a Very Long One! Link here:
    http://samelasstories.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/the-hutchins-and-mojica-renovacy_13.html
    edited March 2018
    @fleshjenn I whipped up a small library on the island a few days ago. It needs a few minor adjustments, but I can upload it for you if you like. I built it on the 30x30 near the crater. I probably could/should have plunked it on a 20x30 since I didn't make it overly large.

I've enjoyed everyone's updates, although I think a certain sim had best have a chat and listen to his siblings before he finds himself shut out, since clearly he's not on the same page as his siblings with what they want. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited March 2018
    Building note for libraries, make sure you include the "Classically Tasteful Literature Shelving" for toddler books.
    150?cb=20110202181526

For skill books "The Book Corral" and "Penningway Bookshelf".
    150?cb=20110202181824150?cb=20110202181914

Also at least one of each other base game bookcase for most other simlit books such as pregnancy books. :)

I had to fix the library I built for the classically tasteful shelf as I'd forgotten it.

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn You are so right! And also about the shelving - some of the EA World libraries I have to edit or you can't study in them. Which is not a lot of use, if Sir may say so.
    @SamelaRita yeah I want it to fit in with the island, it is mostly 20x30 or 30x30 lots I believe. I've been really busy lately with kids and work, and don't have time to build so if you have the time I would love to see what you come up with.

I enjoyed your story update as well, I am just on edge waiting to see when this conflict with viriato comes to a head. I was curious though if you have any routing or congestion issues with the narrow hallways? I think they look good and more authentic in an old farmhouse type build, but my sims cant seem to find a clear path across a vacant lot at times.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn I would like to see your library as well if you still wish to upload it. I love to tour lots and see how people put them together.
    @fleshjenn here is a brief overview of the library
    http://mamadragonssims.weebly.com/building-tips--tricks/sims-3-a-smallish-library

Next time I'm in game I'll try and grab some better pics.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited March 2018
    @fleshjenn Here's the link to the library I made: it's made out of a couple of old shipping containers that they found and turned into a community building. It should be cc free (I didn't put any in!) and pattern free too unless my game is doing something very sneaky indeed. It's a 20x20 lot. Oh, and it's small...Yes, I do find my sims get stuck in narrow passageways sometimes! When they can afford it, they're going to widen the ones in the house!
    Library link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9200142
    @SamelaRita Nice, mind if I share the link with the apocalypse challenge group.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @SamelaRita it looks good but I haven't been able to download it to check it out. I keep getting an error in my game launcher
    fleshjenn wrote: »
    @SamelaRita it looks good but I haven't been able to download it to check it out. I keep getting an error in my game launcher

Sad to say it won't download for me either :(
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited March 2018
    @fleshjenn and @Mmdrgntobldrgn I'll update it, re-name it and try again! Don't know why that happened...very frustrating for you both.

Okay, I've done that now - new link here:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9200282

Let's hope this one works. On my end it said it had uploaded successfully, and it's in my studio. If it does download okay, then yes, you're welcome to share the link, @Mmdrgntobldrgn . I upgraded it a bit (mostly paint finishes) as I had some new ideas in the night!

PS This one's downloaded okay for me. But then I made it! Maybe it thinks it better behave for me?
    Post edited by SamelaRita on
    edited March 2018
    @SamelaRita I still can't get it to download, but I don't think it's a problem with the lot, rather it might be an exchange or browser problem, because I can't even get stuff from my studio to download.

I've tried different browsers & cleaning the registry. Current conclusion the exchange is broken. :(

Ps, I did get it to save as with out the launcher, but a scan with custard showed problems, again I don't think that's your lot I think it's the exchange because I had the exact same problem with an ea lot from my studio.

Pps, I can't even download from the store so big issue. I keep getting a pop up asking me to log in to my account.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited March 2018
    @SamelaRita I still can't get it to download, but I don't think it's a problem with the lot, rather it might be an exchange or browser problem, because I can't even get stuff from my studio to download.

I've tried different browsers & cleaning the registry. Current conclusion the exchange is broken. :(

Ps, I did get it to save as with out the launcher, but a scan with custard showed problems, again I don't think that's your lot I think it's the exchange because I had the exact same problem with an ea lot from my studio.

Pps, I can't even download from the store so big issue. I keep getting a pop up asking me to log in to my account.

That's mega-frustrating! This second one's better than the first (only little tweaks, but I liked them) so if things ever work again, stick with this one. Glad to know it's probably not my lot...
    I've posted to answer HQ and will be posting in the technical help corner here.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Unable-to-download-from-the-exchange-or-online-store/m-p/6693842#M229144
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @SamelaRita yeah I'm still getting an error here too. I haven't tried downloading anything from the store but I did download a few sims and a horse from my own studio yesterday and they installed fine.
    lol I guess my poor sims will have to be bookless for now.
    omg I soo wanna cry right now. I was building a lot for something else, when I went to playtest it I popped into CAS to create a household. While planning outfits, I found some CC running shoes in there that I have no clue how they got into my game.
    I rooted around in the files and deleted a few things that had that .dbc extention then reloaded my game and popped into sunset valley and opened CAS I searched through everything and the shoes were gone and it was running much faster.

well after that I went back to the main menu and Industrial Island is gone!
    I must have deleted it too, and now I am getting that stupid error when I try to reinstall it. I cant play my challenge save.
    omg I soo wanna cry right now. I was building a lot for something else, when I went to playtest it I popped into CAS to create a household. While planning outfits, I found some CC running shoes in there that I have no clue how they got into my game.
    I rooted around in the files and deleted a few things that had that .dbc extention then reloaded my game and popped into sunset valley and opened CAS I searched through everything and the shoes were gone and it was running much faster.

I must have deleted it too, and now I am getting that stupid error when I try to reinstall it. I cant play my challenge save.

oh no
    :(
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes

Oh no! That's dreadful! Poor you :'(
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @fleshjenn -
    The .dbc file is for all non-EA, and even some EA created cc; so the world would be .dbc. It's possible that just reinstalling that world would make your save play again. Also, you can copy the .nhd file out of your save and place it in a save in the same world. So, after reinstalling that world, open your game and make a save in that world. Then copy the .nhd file from the old save to the new one. I've done this successfully in the past.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top