Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Younger babies would have been neat...

Comments

• BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    No. The "babies" in the game mimic newborns, a baby that is 1 month to 2 months old. The babies pictured above are not newborns and are more social and independent than newborns who stay in bassinets only @CitySimmer16
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    No. The "babies" in the game mimic newborns, a baby that is 1 month to 2 months old. The babies pictured above are not newborns and are more social and independent than newborns who stay in bassinets only @CitySimmer16

They are still babies. Literally the only difference between the baby in game and the baby you want is that the babies you want can crawl. If they had a gradual learning to walk sort of thing for toddlers you wouldn't be demanding this
    FFCOojX.gif
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I want the infants/newborn in that basketnet. Because if they are not we would love them like we do the toddlers. babies are high stress in the game. and protecting crawling baby's would be more stressful. then right to potty training. I do not think I could take any more baby stages.

Now when my toddlers get all their skills to level (3) I'm making that birthday cake *lol.
    Sorry I just had my last 2 toddlers birthdays this morning. haha still stressed. and in two different families.

That's the reason I rather they grow to 3-year old (I do not want them to have to skill while at home as 3-year-olds).
    It would be fun to be able to relax and enjoy our babies for a change.
    At that age, we can keep them 3-year-olds as long as we like.
    just be an enjoyable baby's before they have to be like 7-year-old next morning school. or not.

But it's just comment. they can leave it as it is. lol
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor

They are still babies. Literally the only difference between the baby in game and the baby you want is that the babies you want can crawl. If they had a gradual learning to walk sort of thing for toddlers you wouldn't be demanding this

Still wrong. There are a LOT of differences between a danged newborn and a baby that is 6+months old. Anyone who knows anything about childhood development could educate you on that.

• v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Sounds too redundant to me, would rather want something like younger shorter teens/pre-teens.
    jr73Y.gif

• CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    v12creator wrote: »
    Sounds too redundant to me, would rather want something like younger shorter teens/pre-teens.

Usually I would be like pre teens? Hell no! But after this ridiculous argument, I'll happily have a pre-teen over a crawling baby and baby proofing everything
    FFCOojX.gif
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited June 2017
    <3 I like how we all get along and allow each to have the right to disagree :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor

Still wrong. There are a LOT of differences between a danged newborn and a baby that is 6+months old. Anyone who knows anything about childhood development could educate you on that.

I'm not speaking real life newborns and 6 month olds, I'm strictly speaking The Sims babies. TS4's baby is closer to a 6 m.o with than a bloody newborn by the way the move their limbs and cry. But still a 6 m.o is technically still a baby and no matter how much you want to argue this useless topic, TS4 still has babies in game

No way. The babies in the game are newborns, period.

Usually I would be like pre teens? plum no! But after this ridiculous argument, I'll happily have a pre-teen over a crawling baby and baby proofing everything

You're ridiculous.

This game should have more realistic aging by now, not leap years between ages.How about you quit arguing your point? Because Ive already pointed out how wrong it is.

Usually I would be like pre teens? plum no! But after this ridiculous argument, I'll happily have a pre-teen over a crawling baby and baby proofing everything

I am not in a hurry to get either to tell the truth, but younger babies would not add a real lot to gameplay that can't be aded to todlers instead, they would just be smaller, that would lead to the need of working multiple animations just for that, and that sounds like was of money and time by the developers that could have gone to other aspects of the game. Pre-teens at least could pump something that was'nt adressed to regular teenagers in thesims4, but if we never got them, and got better and more original gameplay aspects instead, i am ok.
    jr73Y.gif

Preteens would be nice. What would be better is fleshing out the age gap between going from a toddler, who can't even bathe themselves , to a elementary aged school child
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    With all the requests for toddlers, more active babies, shorter teens and preteens, I'm really hoping that in the next sims game they'll consider a gradual aging. I'd love that.
    hmae123 wrote: »
    With all the requests for toddlers, more active babies, shorter teens and preteens, I'm really hoping that in the next sims game they'll consider a gradual aging. I'd love that.

That's cool for people who will be moving on to Sims 5 , but I won't be moving on to that game at all. By choice. So it would be nice to have improvements to this game, because I do like a lot of things about sims 4 and prefer it to previous versions .

• ElainaElaina Posts: 80 Member

That's cool for people who will be moving on to Sims 5 , but I won't be moving on to that game at all. By choice. So it would be nice to have improvements to this game, because I do like a lot of things about sims 4 and prefer it to previous versions .

Yeah, there's no way they would do a complete overhaul of the aging system in this game. Especially if it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

There has to be goals for each step up in order to advance to the next, there just isn't enough gameplay value in adding another baby category, without stealing most of it from the two that already exist.
    Elaina wrote: »

Yeah, there's no way they would do a complete overhaul of the aging system in this game. Especially if it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

There has to be goals for each step up in order to advance to the next, there just isn't enough gameplay value in adding another baby category, without stealing most of it from the two that already exist.

Blah . Blah. Blah. I already said in my first post that it wasn't going to be done, but it would have been nice. If anything they could replace the "babies" we already have with better ones. It's not called an overhaul. They added toddlers, its obviously not impossible.

But people just like to add their 2 cents. I already said in the OP that they won't do it. They have set low expectations and standards for this game anyway.

• KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member

But people just like to add their 2 cents. I already said in the OP that they won't do it. They have set low expectations and standards for this game anyway.
    So then, aside from your own 2 cents, the point of this topic is what exactly?
    Karallyne wrote: »

So then, aside from your own 2 cents, the point of this topic is what exactly?

The point is aging could have been better. And that is a fact. What is your point exactly?

• PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    You mean you want "older babies" not younger babies. We have babies already, whether they are supposed to be newborns or not. Newborns are still babies. Toddlers are not babies.
    Pegasys wrote: »
    You mean you want "older babies" not younger babies. We have babies already, whether they are supposed to be newborns or not. Newborns are still babies. Toddlers are not babies.

you must be talking from a "Thesims game pespective" because a baby and a toddler are one and the same.
    jr73Y.gif

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member

You're ridiculous.

This game should have more realistic aging by now, not leap years between ages.How about you quit arguing your point? Because Ive already pointed out how wrong it is.

Yeah I agree it is time for this game to have more stages and they all should be fleshed out.

Infant - Toddler - Preschooler - Child - Middle School(er) - Teen - YA - Adult - Middle Age - Elder.

Maybe it'll be in TS5 I guess.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    Pegasys wrote: »

I think toddlers are babies in rl that is.

So maybe for Sims: Newborn (1week-3mos) - Infant (3mos-12mos?) -Toddler (12mos-3yrs) - Preschooler(3yrs-5yrs)

So we need Newborn plus 3 development stages for the: Infant, Toddler, and Preschooler.

I'd be very happy to have this. :blush: (but its not going to happy in TS4, maybe TS5)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    Why do I always kill threads. :(
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    you didn't kill it :) Op made it quite clear that she isn't here for discussion, so...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top