Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Younger babies would have been neat...

BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
I know its never going to happen, but having younger babies in the game would have been so cute. By younger, I mean 10 months and under like this . Those little cherubs would have been the cutest! <3 The babies who can't yet walk and drool all day long :p

2qb868g.jpg

2eby0cy.jpg

muwtxz.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    OMG stop! You make me wanna have another! My youngest turned 2 in February, they grow up too fast! It doesn't last long enough! I miss it already! :bawling:
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    OMG stop! You make me wanna have another! My youngest turned 2 in February, they grow up too fast! It doesn't last long enough! I miss it already! :bawling:

They do grow so fast :) I get sad when I look at photos of my 3 year under 1 year old because I wish I could do it over :'(@SparklePlumley

• notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    Ive thought about how cool it would be to have newborn, infant and toddler life stages in place of just baby and toddler! There is a ton of awesome detail that could go into infants :)
    Ive thought about how cool it would be to have newborn, infant and toddler life stages in place of just baby and toddler! There is a ton of awesome detail that could go into infants :)

Yes and it would be nice to have a life stage between toddler and child to. That's a big jump in between ages *sighs*

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    They are probably the same age.
    Everything just seems bigger and bulkier in The Sims 4. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    How is that baby younger than the babies already in game?
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    Adorable! We do need the crawling stage.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    edited June 2017
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Lol. Because they are much larger and way more independent. 6-10 month old babies don't do any of those things.
    You can clearly tell from the pictures I posted that those babies aren't walking yet. Those are crawling children.

-Toddlers in the game can grab their own food and feed themselves

-Toddlers in the game can toddle to bed and put themselves to sleep.
    Don't know if you have any kids but 6-10 month babies don't just crawl
    the stairs and lie down in bed

-Toddlers in the game can ask for their meal or ask to be played with,
    obviously a little baby is not going up to their parent and saying they want
    to be fed now

The toddlers in the game do that wobbly walk, but other than that their
    behavior mimics that of a 2 year old child rather than a 6-10 month old human
    baby

Do you have children? @Chazzzy

@CK213 It's not just about their stature, although that is important also.

But children have milestones and development stages and a 7 month old and the toddlers we have in the game are worlds apart developmentally.
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    How young can a baby get?
    FFCOojX.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,494 Member

My youngest just turned 29! But, I have nine grandchildren, count 'em, 9, and that gives me my fill of days gone by. (Secretly, I'm so VERY glad I can't do that anymore, have babies.) The blessing is, that as you age and go through that dreaded Change thing, you change psychologically as well. For me, I lost the desire to have any more babies. I know I just can't do that anymore. A day babysitting the wee ones takes it out of me. LOL

Just as an aside, don't you wish we could just put a pause on this game of life? You know, aging off, to linger at a particular stage? No? Me, either. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Karallyne wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Lol. Because they are much larger and way more independent. 6-10 month old babies don't do any of those things.
    You can clearly tell from the pictures I posted that those babies aren't walking yet. Those are crawling children.

-Toddlers in the game can grab their own food and feed themselves

-Toddlers in the game can toddle to bed and put themselves to sleep.
    Don't know if you have any kids but 6-10 month babies don't just crawl
    the stairs and lie down in bed

-Toddlers in the game can ask for their meal or ask to be played with,
    obviously a little baby is not going up to their parent and saying they want
    to be fed now

The toddlers in the game do that wobbly walk, but other than that their
    behavior mimics that of a 2 year old child rather than a 6-10 month old human
    baby

Do you have children? @Chazzzy

there's really no reason to be so snarky. they asked how that baby is younger than the babies in the game, not the toddlers. I thought the same thing when I was reading the post especially since you said babies and not toddlers.

There's no reason to be upset over my perceived "snarkiness" either :) I hope you have a great day
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    We already have babies, what's the point? Even if they were to add them, what Gameplay would they have unique to babies and toddlers?
    edited June 2017
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    We already have babies, what's the point? Even if they were to add them, what Gameplay would they have unique to babies and toddlers?

Babies? You mean the things that sit in the bassinet? They aren't going to be a reality. So there's no reason for me to go into depth about it. It's just something I would have liked to experience. I also would like a lifestage between toddler and child, because no one is a 2 year old one day and a 7 year old the next. Ah well, cant have it all I guess :|

@MrMonty96 even more sleepless nights and crying baby probably
    FFCOojX.gif
  • AeyellaAeyella Posts: 26 Member
    haha, I knew once they added toddlers the list of demands was only gonna keep growing. we got people asking for young elders, young babies, preteens, jeeze!
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    We do have our babies and Toddlers. they are around one year of age, that is the age toddlers began to walk and babble. and like sit in highchairs, and potty train.

What I want is that we not let them grow up so fast.
    But let them go from toddlers to say, 3-year-olds. that do not go to school yet. that use the toilet and not a potty, even if an extra seat is needed they could use a booster seat in a dining chair. So we do not lose our babies so fast.

We go through all the trouble to potty train and all and then poof they are ready for school that's way too fast, I would like to enjoy them being 3-year-olds as long as we wish to.
    I think that would be fun.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    Aeyella wrote: »
    haha, I knew once they added toddlers the list of demands was only gonna keep growing. we got people asking for young elders, young babies, preteens, jeeze!

I don't see anything wrong with that. If they want people to buy the game, there should be demands met. Not all of them of course. But don't just ignore the consumers.

I don't see anything wrong with that. If they want people to buy the game, there should be demands met. Not all of them of course. But don't just ignore the consumers.

Yeah we get that but what you're asking for is already in the game, like we already have babies.
    FFCOojX.gif
  • ElainaElaina Posts: 80 Member
    I think everyone probably wants some life stage that is important to them in some way. I could do without another "baby" stage, just because I have a hard time with the two that are in the game now. Some people want preteens or middle age.
    I think for the devs to justify putting it in the game there there needs to be a lot of gameplay aspects for that stage that somehow differs from others. Other than crawling, what else does an infant do that a toddler doesn't?
    Elaina wrote: »
    I could do without another "baby" stage, just because I have a hard time with the two that are in the game now... Other than crawling, what else does an infant do that a toddler doesn't?

Amen sister, its a good thing babies don't crawl. Have you seen one in real life? They get real speedy real quick
    FFCOojX.gif

Yeah we get that but what you're asking for is already in the game, like we already have babies.
    No we don't.At all. There are toddlers. Not babies. Unless you mean the things that stay in the bassinet and don't do anything. Where in the game do we have babies that function like 6-10 month old babies? Just wondering sweetie @CitySimmer16

edited June 2017
    No we don't.At all. There are toddlers. Not babies. Unless you mean the things that stay in the bassinet and don't do anything. Where in the game do we have babies that function like 6-10 month old babies? Just wondering sweetie @CitySimmer16

Well, your mother sim can breastfeed them, bottle feeding also works and the babies don't hold the bottle. You can change its diapers, they cry in the middle of the night for a feed, parents love to show them off, adults can coo at the baby, play with them etc. Its not a matter of EA needing to add another life stage, its a matter of you acknowledging that we already have one. Just because its lacking gameplay doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Edit: Forgot to mention that the parents actually bond with the babies as well which to me is real handy
    FFCOojX.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top