Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4/5 hopes and predictions

Comments

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited July 2017
    KismetRose wrote: »
    I feel it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm actually ready for TS5 right now. I just feel there are so many missed opportunities in TS4. I mostly want Sims that feel unique. I often feel that my Sims are just clones of each other with some differences here and there. Only one time did I experience a truly unique Sim who did her own thing no matter how much I redirected her. She definitely had a mind of her own and it would be awesome if TS5 would allow for true differences in personalities/moods.

I agree with you. I've lost hope in TS4. They take one step forward and then two steps back.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • andre1906andre1906 Posts: 89 Member
    I believe The Sims 5 (maybe named as "The Sims") will be multiplatform, allowing you to play in a PC, Mobile Device or Console.

Mobile:
    • Create your Sim for free;
    • Fulfill your Sim needs by playing minigames;
    • Build and download houses for your Sims.

PC/Console:
    • Play the game in the way you want!
    • Play with your Sims created in your mobile device;
    • Import the houses you built in your mobile device.

By releasing a free companion app for The Sims, this would boost the PC/Console sales, just by showing to the casual people in mobile devices that they can play with their creations in a PC or Console. Also the Mobile companion app could advertise all new content released to the PC/Console version, also allowing people to buy new EPs/GPs/SPs only to free up new outfits for their Sims in the Mobile part.

VR/AR/MR? I don't see this happening anytime soon.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    TS4 predictions ?

University EP, Pets EP, Zombie GP, Witch GP, Fashion GP, Summer Vacation GP, Winter Vacation GP

TS5 predictions ?

Cross-platform : Play The Sims 5 everywhere on PC, tablet, phone
    Completely online service (No custom content, no mod)
    Multiplayer
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited July 2017
    TS4 predictions ?

University EP, Pets EP, Zombie GP, Witch GP, Fashion GP, Summer Vacation GP, Winter Vacation GP

TS5 predictions ?

Cross-platform : Play The Sims 5 everywhere on PC, tablet, phone
    Completely online service (No custom content, no mod)
    Multiplayer

I wish I could say the same, but when? EPs are released once per year and GPs are a mess they either release one or two. By now I expect:

Sims 4 pool stuff
    Sims 4 bedroom stuff
    Sims 4 wedding stuff
    Sims 4 gnome garden stuff
    Sims 4 elder stuff
    Sims 4 bathroom stuff
    Sims 4 eco not eco stuff
    Sims 4 clutter stuff
    Sims 4 missing stuff we didn't patch in stuff
    Sims 4 food processor stuff
    Sims 4 50' stuff
    Sims 4 60's stuff
    Sims 4 70's stuff
    Sims 4 80's stuff
    Sims 4 90's kids stuff
    Sims 4 party stuff
    Sims 4 funeral stuff
    Sims 4 talking chair stuff
    Sims 4 oversized objects stuff

Sims 4 100th SP gift pack
    21mbz47.jpg
  • simsobsessedsimsobsessed Posts: 11 New Member
    I have MANY suggestions for Sims 5.

For example, private schools. Let's say in the town there are two automatic schools, a private school, and a public school. The public school would work just as it did in the sims 3 (In my idea the map follows the sims 3 layout, not sims 4), children and teens would go to school in their everyday outfits. However, in the private schools, sims would have to wear uniforms. Also, just like with the Get to Work expansion for Sims 4, you could go to build mode for the private school and set up your own uniform. you could even set a tuition for every week, and if you wanted to you could set gender restrictions (not to be sexist, just to make it realistic). The way you would do this is to have a public school for anyone, one private school for just girls, and a private school for boys, or just one private school. Another thing to add on is having a separate elementary school, middle school, and high school. This would work if there were more age options (child, preteen, and teenager.) I also think they should add back universities. The only bug with this idea is that there would be multiple schools in one town, but maybe there could be another town simply for the University (such as in Sims 3) Also, to enroll in a private school a parent sim could use their phone, computer, or with the sims 3 map layout, simply click on the school. I think it would be cool to have a "tour" option for schools. Maybe the sims could even take their kids to the school, where they meet a principal NPC. One thing I'd love to see is where you could actually follow students to school, such as with the doctor, police, and scientist professions, but this isn't a necessity to me. I wouldn’t mind a university and private school EP instead of a base game.

My next suggestion is illness and injuries.

Sims 4 tried to add illnesses, but to me, they weren't very impressive. I haven't experimented with illnesses much, but I think we need more of a variety. Also, I'd like to focus more on injuries. Maybe clumsy sims could be prone to get injured at work or school. They go to the hospital and the doctor says they have to use crutches for a week or have a wheelchair. There could be many minor injuries, such as falling down the stairs and needing crutches. And maybe something severe like getting a concussion. Maybe if the sims injuries are so serious, they could be sent to the hospital, and their pictures would be greyed out. It would also be cool to get a hospital bill, and if they are in school, there would be a "Make Up Work" option the next day they went to school. Also, let's say a sim doesn't think they need to go to the hospital. For every day they procrastinate, the injury gets more severe. To explain this in depth, let's say a kid gets a concussion, and two days after the injury, they finally go to the hospital. Normally, the conclusion would last maybe 5 days, but since they waited to be treated it would last 7 days because they didn't get treated. I'm not sure if this is accurate at all to the real world, but I think some research should be done to make sure it's as realistic as much as possible. I wouldn’t mind this being in EP as it seems a bit complicated for the base game.

Another suggestion is clothes.

I was very disappointed in the difference between sims 4 and sims 3 CAS. We had many more options in Sims 3 and I would like to see those options return (Color wheel). However, I did like how Sims could buy outfits in the Get to Work expansion pack. It'd be nice to have that again in Sims 5. Also, I think there should be more stores, and that we shouldn't have to build EVERY store, with a minimum of 10 mannequins. I think there should automatically be a layout for clothing stores. Also... WE NEED MORE WEDDING DRESSES AND TUXEDOS!! I can only recall there being a couple of dresses that could be considered a wedding dress in Sims 4, and only one in Sims 3. We should be able to go to a store to buy a wedding dress, and maybe just evening gowns all-together. Also, since the details in Sims 5 are supposed to be more intricate, it'd be nice to customize more of the clothes, such as length of shirts, skirts, pants, etc. One idea is when going in CAS mode, you could click on a shirt, and there would be a customization mode where you change it to ANY color, maybe even add a logo or picture, and change the length or width. All of this would be done on a mannequin version of your sim. And when you're finished, you could click done, and even a "Save" option for future use.

I would also like to see more jobs. And I wish sims could have two jobs. (I know there was a way to cheat around this in Sims 4, but I still think it should be made easier to do in Sims 5.

One thing I don't want to change is Build Mode. To me, it was so much easier to build a house in Sims 4, and hopefully, they keep that format but add more to it. Also, I like how you could change the land plots in sims 3 "Edit Mode". I would really like that feature back.
  • RhinoRhino Posts: 14 New Member
    The sims 5 needs to be amazing if they still want players. I for one loved TS3 but kinda losing hope in TS5. I wanna see
    •More party types; Funerals, Pool Party, Slumber party (for teens), sleepovers for kids, etc
    •CARS!
    •CAW
    •Life stages; Zombies, Skeletons (TS4:JA just added these, i know), Aliens, etc
    •Open world. I just think TS4 is too isolated.
    I could rant on for hours... so im gonna stop now, but we want these stuff. WANT! WANT! WANT!
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    i hope its cheap
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I am so scared about the prospect of TS5...
    I only see 2 options for the future of the franchise.

Seeing how the PC gaming industry is developing, and specially in companies like EA, I fear it will be a multiplayer game (with a very basic single player option). I also suspect it will be full of microtransactions and some sort of store TS3 style will be back. 2 things I utterly despise.
    The other option I see, is no more PC Sims games. Just mobile games and plum like that.

I hope I am wrong.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    These ideas are probably better served in the Sims 5 (if we get one), as I don’t think they could be added in to the sims 4 at this late stage.

- Layered clothing - I have wanted this for such a long time (and sims 4 did come close with their accessories section, but I want them to go further). I would love a CAS dresser system where you pick every item of clothing and they will layer accordingly - i.e pick underwear, individual socks (or tights etc.), layered leggings/trousers/shorts/skirts, vests, tops, jumpers, jackets, coats etc. All perfectly layered and you could have the option to take off a layer (if we got seasons/temperature from the beginning). I don’t mod or make clothing for the game, so I don’t know how feasible this idea is, but I have always wanted it!

- some form of gradual ageing - ageing was introduced in sims 2 and it still follows exactly the same format. I want some shake up and innovation to this system. We get gradual growing pregnancies now, can’t we get gradual growing sims too? I know their interactions with others and objects need fixed heights, but maybe this system needs overhauling which would also allow for different heighten sims. Again, I have zero experience developing animations or games, but couldn’t you stick a load of anchor points on a model for a sim that stay in relative positions to each other in terms of the height of the character (i.e. anchor point on pelvis, neck, shoulders, head, arms, hands etc.) and the animations would be tied to these anchor points instead of all predesigned by height? I am sure that my ideas seem laughable to someone who actually develops games or animates, but these are just my layman’s pipe dreams
    I hope SP14 My First Pet Stuff was the last SP, the SP team could make some GP or EP.

Honestly I can't imagine 30 Stuff Packs for TS4.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    If it's only online or multiplayer I can say I'll stick to the first 4 games.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    My only hope for TS5, is that it's better than TS4.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
    edited April 2018
    My hopes aren't for The Sims 5 because they are very ambitious.

SEED + The Sims, the next generation of Sim AI.

The sims would be able to learn our habits and understand what personality we want they get.
    Learn what they should do instead of repeating the same mistakes.

The first smart sims of the history.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    this is my prediction

Sims 4
    20 more packs

Sims 5
    Micro transactions
    paid mods
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited April 2018
    Love Reading everyone's ideas. I made a long list of wants for sims 5 on another thread but for me the main important ones would be open world or even smaller neighborhoods in a world like we have now in 4 but those neighborhoods are open so no loading when walking across the street to a neighbors. Also weather in base game and cars/schoolbus/carpool.

Edit - and doorbells back please!
  • lilacmanylilacmany Posts: 1 New Member
    In Sims 3 when someone in our household died, the other Sims would get sad. Now, the mother of my family died outside and neither her daughter nor her son cared. Some realistic fixes like that would be nice. It's been bothering me for years.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2018
    When (not if) the Sims 5 comes out I don't care about the whole VR hype, and I don't think it will do a game such as The Sims any justice.

The only things I am hoping for is back to Open Worlds, and a ''complete'' base game with all the essentials. (including PROPER life stages (Toddlers, Normal Teens (teens still bother me in Sims 4, and normal elders (elders also bother me to no end in Sims 4, because they look way too young for my taste).

And back to optimal customization options please. (Create a Style, you will have to come back please.)

They can keep the cartoony style The Sims 4 has, because personally it's about the only thing I do like about The Sims 4.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    When (not if) the Sims 5 comes out I don't care about the whole VR hype, and I don't think it will do a game such as The Sims any justice.

The only things I am hoping for is back to Open Worlds, and a ''complete'' base game with all the essentials. (including PROPER life stages (Toddlers, Normal Teens (teens still bother me in Sims 4, and normal elders (elders also bother me to no end in Sims 4, because they look way too young for my taste).

And back to optimal customization options please. (Create a Style, you will have to come back please.)

They can keep the cartoony style The Sims 4 has, because personally it's about the only thing I do like about The Sims 4.

And keep the lighting through the windows. The only thing I like about TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    Shae wrote: »

not really that hard
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Shae wrote: »

Well if it ships with toddlers that would be a good start!

Having Open World again would be a good idea though :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I believe Grant and the sim gurus Ninja and Graham are the only ones that are doing too much, I still love music! I’m telling them you already add NuDisco, you already add Latin, and I’m telling you what radio station(s) might come next? If you and gurus say my favorite music, I’ll be happy and excited!
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I have many hopes for The Sims 5, some predictions for The Sims 4, and sadly at this point my only expectation is that I'll be disappointed with both. Already disappointed in TS4. Every time I come here hoping for something that will make me think better of the game it doesn't. I don't even want to want the game anymore, I just want to think well of it. Which is sad. The Sims 5 is what I'm hoping will be better. If it meets even 1/3rd of my original expectations for The Sims 4 along with my original expectations for it after I was wholly disappointed with The Sims 4 then I'll consider it.

I think my personal life is kind of getting me down and clouding my judgement a bit so I'm probably a bit more open to a TS5 then what's said above but man, I just feel down and tired. I usually turn to games to cheer me up but I have like no time and when I do I'm too tired.

Anyway, I'll start with predictions for The Sims 4:
    1. More stuff packs seems pretty set to me. There are how many now? 14 or 15 I think.
    2. A few more expansion pack, one surprisingly decent one and the rest considered lackluster.
    3. More game packs that make me wonder what happened to the EP team.
    4. The SP team picking up the slack, so to speak, for the EP and even the GP team.
    5. More bugs, lag, and patches that fix things but break other things because these are the people who brought us the past games.
    6. None of that getting fixed by the time (if it happens) The Sims 5 rolls around.
    7. Weather. I don't know if I'd call it an actual Seasons pack but I have a feeling it won't be like a typical Seasons EP.

Hopes for The Sims 4:
    1. That I'm wrong about all of my predictions for The Sims 4 (in a good way).

Hopes for The Sims 5 (and I've been thinking about some of these since Sims 2):
    1. Far more customization options for Sims and their worlds and more control at the hands of players.
      • Being able to have a sims with different colored eye and different colors in their eyes
      • Having a natural hair color and a dyed hair color that won't affect genetics
      • More sim connections in CAS and being able to decide the level (aunt, step-sibling, half-sibling, ex, cousin, etc. that you like, hate, love, etc.)
      • Setting a sims age or days till aging, skills and skill levels, career and career levels in CAS
      • Setting the weather and season whatever town or city we choose starts in
      • Choosing maximum and minimum amount of sims allowed in a household, on a lot, in the town or city
      • A way in which we can preserve households we don't want culled or affected by story progression
      • Players set curfews and decide punishments are adult sims will give their kids
      • Turn ons, turn offs, fears, favorites, and zodiac signs
      • Personality points and more in depth personality traits (I like the personality points based around the zodiac, but not everyone has the exact same personality as their zodiac is described so I think a nice balance would do but if not I'd take the traits over points)
      • An even better CASt
      • Better Create a Pattern
      • Better Create a World
      • More and better world, lot, and home editing tools
    2. Better open worlds
    3. All worlds connected in a way where families can move and keep relationships, sims can work in another town or city
    4. Seasons and Pets in the base game with the option to switch off
    5. Airports
    6. Cut-scenes during long travel (such as loading screens to travel on vacation or to visit family in another town)
    7. Them taking advantage of the technology of today
    8. An art style that leans more towards realism than cartoonish. Not completely realistic but not as cartoonish as TS4
    9. A TS5 store that's more affordable where everything in it can be brought separate from the sets along with a system like Complete a Set

There's much more I could list and have listed in other places and I could even go more in depth. I just wish there was a section where we could talk solely about ideas for TS5 or future Sims games so I could just list all my ideas because most of these will never happen in TS4. Bottom line, in case anyone who holds sway with EA and The Sims team is reading, we players need more control and more options for our sims and the environment they live in. Maybe we want to start off playing more established sims. Some of us like editing everything to our every desire before getting down to the gameplay. Some of us just want to create homes or cities or towns. Some of us want more sims in the world, some of us want less. The great thing about The Sims is that it's a game for the players to mold into something of their own but we need the tools, the options, and the control to do that. It doesn't matter if we live in 2018, not everyone has the more stereotypical modern life where they live and regardless of whether we do or not, some of us want to create a world for our sims that may not be up to the modernized standards. We may not want it to be modern at all.

So yeah, more options. And more control. And don't be afraid to take your time and do the game right. I'd rather have a great base game and great packs that took longer than expected than a base game and packs that feel rushed and incomplete. If you do it right the first time
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I hope SP14 My First Pet Stuff was the last SP, the SP team could make some GP or EP.

Honestly I can't imagine 30 Stuff Packs for TS4.

Sadly, I can imagine it only too well. I just hope they don't DO that. I too want more EPs and GPs.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited April 2018
    rudy8292 wrote: »

VR certainly won't be ready, and most players won't even come close to owning VR yet (except for phones), until Sims 5: the price has to come down to make it feasible for most players. Until players start demanding it, the games for it won't be developed yet. With that said, I am hoping that the price will come down (at least a 50% price cut from what they are charging now for VR PC equipment) and Sims 5 will be available in both VR and normal gaming mode. You say you want open world too: it wouldn't even make sense to make Sims 5 VR compatible UNLESS they do open world, or at minimum open neighborhood (no loading screen to go next door). However, to travel between worlds would still need some kind of loading feature, or else it would have to be on online servers....which would mean no player-created custom content probably, no more cheats (sorry, but I can't live without my money cheats when playing my Sims game - and when I played Sims 1 I used mood cheats - delete Sim, restore Sim regularly). For me, I find that player-created custom content makes the difference between a game that holds my interest, and a game that doesn't. Even if they found a way to let players create custom content, it would be heavily censored so it meets their idea of a T-rated game, as in doesn't offend anyone they are afraid of offending, like their advertisers (or anyone who might threaten to boycott the advertisers). Plus advertising would be a big factor in any online based game just to pay for the ongoing costs of the servers and bug fixes or improvements to the game.

So they may not be able to do VR without going online, sadly. But if they do make it online, they should call it something else, not a sequel in the Sims series. I would rather play offline than online, for the reasons stated above....and because of trolls/griefers.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    In a future base game I'd like:

1. Open world (but the household management like TS4)
    2. Mattresses (for the beds) that can get upgraded/ bought regardless of the bedframe. This should maybe include couches etc as well
    3. I'd love a life state in the base game. It could be something not intrusive that won't affect you in any way unless engaged with (like aliens in sims 2 who only showed up when a sim used a certain object)
    4. No emotion system. I’d prefer more personally like TS3 where traits really mattered.
    5. Basic weather, like rain and snow etc. Doesn't have to be fancy just the basic
    6. Small pets, like hamster
    7. Maybe a small vacation spot, restaurant or store venue etc. Again like weather, just something basic

8. Oh! That they actually make the game the best it can be, without regard to PCs that aren't that good (and I'm saying that with a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 computer myself). It will never happen though but I can dream XD

I know there are more but I guess I have to be reasonable ;) and I probably forgot something I'd like…

The absolut best next gen base game for me would be:

Music from TS1
    Story (premades history) from TS2
    Gameplay from TS3
    Buildmode/ CAS from TS4

Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top