Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4/5 hopes and predictions

Since this is the place for speculation on future packs and versions of the Sims, I thought I would make this thread to discuss ideas for the next version of the Sims.

Here are some things I hope will be coming either in Sims 4 or Sims 5:

*VR support (probably Sims 5)
*Open world (this would pair nicely with VR support)
*Color wheel (I wish they could do this with Sims 4, but probably Sims 5)
*Visible means of transportation (ie cars, trucks, buses, subway stations, trains, trolleys) - they could do a whole EP on this if it is possible to add to Sims 4. Hopefully they include this in Sims 5 from the release date
*Return of toddlers, addition of preteens, and better teens in Sims 5. The closer to release date, the better. Toddlers from release date in Sims 5 is obviously a must.
*Return of pools at release date.
*Diving boards, not just diving platforms. Along with different dive types.
*Sims 5 microtransaction store: I suspect the microtransactions in the Sims 3 store are what helped the game become so great. PROVIDED income from the microtransaction store go only back into the Sims series games, not to other EA games. (Quit cannibalizing us!) Besides, this way more stuff that didn't make it into official stuff packs can be released and purchased by players on a piecemeal basis, or by buying store bundles.

*Art and Animation contests open to fans and players of the Sims series (if animation is so expensive, why not crowdsource the basics, then tweak it by pros?) If laws and regulations require, these could be limited by region and/or age. Considering all the pose packs players have created, this seems like a logical next step. Then again, there may be some kind of union clause restricting this.

*More lead time for development when creating Sims 5. Sims 4 just felt like a rushed, last minute project when it came out, with very little attention paid to detail. Not so much that it becomes The Sims Forever (as in Duke Nukem Forever that took several years of production), but enough that it doesn't play like a casual game on the release date.

*Console versions. Maybe the console version could come with VR support.

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.

Comments

• JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited June 2017
    You could say that the Sims 4 really was rushed. It was a totally different game back in 2013 and it makes me feel so disappointed!

The current engine would have never been used if the Sims 4 was planned to be a single player game early in development.
    The developers keep saying "uh yeah this engine has a lot of limitations" :(
    All the things you mentioned and even more could have been in the game :/

On the bright side, hopefully this game's crazy roll out and backlash in the last two years will be enough to make sure The Sims 5 will be better <3
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    If there is a Sims 5 your ideas are great.
    Also weather should be included, pet and some of their ideals that get scraped during Sims 4 should make its way in Sims 5.
    I feel like even basic weather like rain and cloudy days should be base game stuff
  • CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    I would love to see some optional co-op features to play with a friend online. Not a world like The Sims Online, just simple co-op gameplay where you could visit a friend's game and interact with them.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I hope if there's a TS5 that it doesn't have microtransactions like TS3 Store which was a rip off in my opinion.

I also hope that TS5 resembles more a proper PC game and less a tablet/smartphone game.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If the next GP isn't a new lifestate, I sure hope it's cars, hobby, or vacation related.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2017
    TS4 hopes ? Hmmm... just I'm waiting for Fashion, Seasons, University, Tropical island, Farm, Zombies, Witches and Superheroes.

TS5 hopes ? None because if TS4 didn't bring the features I want since TS2 has been released, there is no chance the next games will do it.
  • NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Well i hope they will aim high but i fear they will aim low, very low...

If they find the motivation to get rid of the antique methodes they still use there is so much gorgeous stuff one could do, that even with a bit of strategic planning turns out to be easier than the old school systems that have some serious workload to generate anything good. Maybe they also get aware that if you plan to sell a game for about 10 years, little kids are not the audience that will stick with you for so long.

But i think its more realistic that the brand is on a oneway trip to free handy games for little kids made in China.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2017
    I think VR makes 0 sense in the world of the sims. The point isn't to be a sim, or live their lives, is to control them from a distance like a god almost, it wouldn't feel like sims.
    I feel like even basic weather like rain and cloudy days should be base game stuff

Agreed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think the VR fad will die quick death, and as such I hope that the devs do not waste resources on pursuing such things.
  • mollytrollyzmollytrollyz Posts: 63 Member
    [quote="OEII1001;c-15870669"]I think the VR fad will die quick death, and as such I hope that the devs do not waste resources on pursuing such things.[/quote]

Agreed
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm not really all that interested in VR support -- the costs right now are so far beyond the average user that it would have limited appeal, and there is a massive competition in systems that EA would have to decide which to support. Article

I think it's likely we see more base game content in a Sims 5 base -- toddlers definitely (though the ones we got are definitely worth the wait), and likely pools (we probably could have gotten them in base game if the release had been one or two months later, when you consider how quickly they were patched in). If we get teens that feel a bit more complete and maybe skewed a bit younger then we might not need preteens -- I don't want to see the game get cluttered with too many age stages. If we did get pre-teens, then take out Young Adults and just group them into one long Adult age stage. There are really no major differences between Adults and YAs anyway other than a few early wrinkles. YAs were originally just to represent the college years when they were introduced in Sims 2, then Sims 3 gave them their own full status but nothing to really separate them from Adults until Generations (when Adults got mid-life crises).

And I really do not want a return of the micro-transactions of the Sims Store. It's way too early to overspend to keep up with the Landgraabs and find yourself with a bunch of stuff you never use. The pack pricing system ($10 US for an SP, $20 for a GP and $40 for an EP) makes it easier to budget for the average player. Plus, if you can't afford to buy the high priced points bundles you end up with a significant disadvantage in terms of item pricing next to those who can get them. I suppose I could go with a limited store if the items were actually purchased with real money rather than "points" and it was mostly items that were bonus type items (worlds and venues), but I'd prefer to stay away from that.

Mostly what I'd like is to see more emphasis on actual life events and less on the "party" aspect. Some of the "party" complaints have been a bit overblown (the only parties I've thrown in game in recent saves have been weddings and the occasional birthday party for aging up (most of the time I just go with the family cutting the cake). I'd like to see a potential Sims 5 take a page from Playstation and its "Play with Life" slogan. Recognition of significant events -- births, graduations, marriages (and divorces), retirements, deaths. When teens age up to Adult and go off on their own, more connection with the family left behind -- phone calls, letters. Greater connection with the world around them -- not that big a fan of newspapers but maybe a Community News column you can read on the computer or tablet, or maybe a twice a week newspaper so they don't stack up as easily. More emphasis on Sim on Sim interaction and less on "stuff"; one of the best things about Parenthood is that it didn't really add a lot of "stuff" -- the meat of the pack is in the interactions.

Of course, YMMV and all that. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ArfaF52ArfaF52 Posts: 11 New Member
    the game needs preteens! Im tired of feeling like my life state doesn't exist.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2017
    I think that TS5 should honestly get rid of moodlets, emotions as they are, and multitasking.

The moodlets were never a good system and it's utterly unnecessary, I can play without them that it's just fine.

The focus on emotion changing and having to achieve a certain emotion to get a certain skill buff also needs to end as well as all emotion requirements. Emotions should be something the sim happens to be feeling and ofc these should heavily impact what the sim does and how he reacts regarding other sims and the world but in TS4 they are more of a tool to achieve certain goals rather than an input on how the sim happens to feel, it pulls focus away from the sim itself and onto the tasks ahead which is not really a good thing.
    I think there are too many emotions and too many ways to manipulate them watering down their overall value and impact.

The multitasking...it's pretty great, for playing but not for developing as we have come to see, and it's heavy on the engine. Unless they get a way to make it smoother in both terms I think TS5 should just stick with the casual multitasking of TS2 and TS3 with little touch ups, I honestly wouldn't mind the sacrifice if it meant better everything else.

But you know regarding new features I'd like to see recipe crafting like in TS2 console where you have the ingredients and have to mix them to find recipes, layers of clothing instead of one pieces, that we can mix and match, free-shape pool/fountain tool that lets us do curves and such instead of having separate pieces, better sim genetics, hair/beard growth, etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    VR is one of the best Things I've ever experienced in my entire life( I own an Oculus Rift myself with touch Controllers). However, the Technology is still too "primitive" so I would not expect any VR Features too soon. Maybe with TS6 (VR + The Sims = killer-Combo).

Anyway, my only real hope is that they focus on personalities. I want sims to feel unique, I want them to provide a different experience (according to their traits). I want meaningful gameplay with consequences.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited July 2017
    I want more vacation spots and life states, a lot more life states I pretty much am a fantasy player and I've been on a lean diet since ts3's new life state every pack :weary:

And I want my vacation spots to have some more adventuring to them, I want to explore my sims world and feel like I'm doing something productive on vacation not just being eaten by bugs.

For ts5 I don't know I could probably write a whole book on what my dream sims game would be and of course I hope it would be my dream sims game, so I'll save you all too much reading and just the best sims game ever and leave it too your imaginations :)
    Traits should be FAR more impactful if emotions cross over to TS5.

I still don't get why can a lazy sim get energized / very energized so easily :D

They really gotta make sure they work together, not just have emotions overlap traits.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    If there is a sims 5 I want it to not be T rated. I miss the concept of ts1 and TS2. I like TS4, but it's getting too child like. Also I want specific CAS items for each life stage and the underwear category back.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    edited July 2017
    I feel it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm actually ready for TS5 right now. I just feel there are so many missed opportunities in TS4. I mostly want Sims that feel unique. I often feel that my Sims are just clones of each other with some differences here and there. Only one time did I experience a truly unique Sim who did her own thing no matter how much I redirected her. She definitely had a mind of her own and it would be awesome if TS5 would allow for true differences in personalities/moods.
  • KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    If there is a sims 5 I want it to not be T rated.

And this too.

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    - Customisation needs to come back
    - Weather in the base game
    - babies with legs that can be interacted with
    - more activities for elders - knitting, teaching grandkids to cook etc
    - build tools from previous iterations - terrain tools, easy roof tools, moving whole buildings, split levelling, round walls etc
    - consequences, cause and effect, unexpected events
    - attraction system
    - traits or personality system that make Sims unique
    - more textures on environment, furniture, Sims
    - I liked the store because it leant itself to great contests where EPs SPs and store content could be won vs just entering your name in a hat; I liked the sense of community it brought about

I could continue for pages and pages about hopes and dreams for The Sims
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sims will always be teen rated. From my understanding it was part of the agreement between Will Wright and EA that I heard can't be broken. So that will never change.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LyricalSimsLyricalSims Posts: 8 New Member
    I really REALLY hope Sims 5 will have a perfect mix of Sim 3 and 4. The freedom and the feel of a living breathing world from Sims 3 and the fluency, smoothness and art style of Sims 4. I switch between the two all the time.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I think the VR fad will die quick death, and as such I hope that the devs do not waste resources on pursuing such things.

I disagree.

The technology is fantastic and it's tested extremely well,
    The only thing holding it back is lack of an affordable, ergonomically sound interface conducive to long play sessions which can be utilized across different VR platforms.

Once they solve that I think VR will explode.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top