Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird things in the Sims that you find mildly annoying (or suprising)

There's a lot of threads with ideas on how to improve the Sims. However, I believe there are some things that people can find weird and/or annoying, even though they don't influence the gameplay itself. It doesn't have to be very reasonable, just something you'd change if you could.

Let me give you some examples. I find it a little annoying that Sims don't put down the toilet seat. I really hate that in real life, mostly because of sanitary reasons, and sometimes I wish I could change that in the Sims. Even though I know it's probably just animation-saving action.
Another thing is washing hands after using toilet. I was so glad that TS4 made it autonomous, so I don't have to remember about queueing it myself every time (I guess in TS3 it's also autonomous, but I went from TS2 directly to TS4 so that's when I noticed the change). It doesn't take much time and it's so natural to do for me.

Since it's the US forum and there are also quite a lot of people from different countries, I hope some cultural differences might come up as well - hence 'suprising' in the title :)

Comments

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Slices of pizza, last night's spag bol, leftover fish tacos for breakfast - no, just no.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
    I find it exceedingly annoying that sims can't take care of themselves properly when you're not looking. in sims 2 i left a girl alone for 3 irl days and she managed her life better than i do. sims 4? haha naaaah
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I can't understand why sims are standing for a long time in front of the house when they come back from school or work.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2017
    No! I don't like the hand washing after toilet. Cause normally I make my sims use the toilet and then take a shower straight after so it's like "why are you washing your hands when you're about to jump in the shower?"

But the standing in front of the house thing is weird yeah.

Um the other annoying thing is when you wanna split the family or move. It's really messy in Sims 4. I don't like how you can't move into a lot that hasn't been played with when using the move interaction in the game. As in you can only move sims there that have been saved or something. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • WynterlyWynterly Posts: 232 Member
    Hmm, an annoying thing that I don't like is when my sims suddenly decide to watch TV while I'm trying to get them to skill. :tongue:
    ~I only act like I know everything, Rogers.~

Currently doing Harry Potter legacy challenge. You can find the rules here.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Another one. In the household with toddlers when I try to send teen or adult to bed using needs bar, he is not going to bed, but goes to check on toddler if toddler is not sleeping at that moment. It only works properly when toddler is sleeping.
  • AltruantSludgeAltruantSludge Posts: 44 Member
    [quote="ModerateOsprey;c-15864659"]Slices of pizza, last night's spag bol, leftover fish tacos for breakfast - no, just no.[/quote]

And they eat it COLD. Cold pizza for breakfast is a maybe for me, but cold spaghetti? Ugh.
  • HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    No! I don't like the hand washing after toilet. Cause normally I make my sims use the toilet and then take a shower straight after so it's like "why are you washing your hands when you're about to jump in the shower?"

Hm, that's partially true. I also direct my Sims to first use toilet and then take a shower, however, I feel like they use toilet more often than need showering, so I'm glad abot hand washing anyway ;)
    For the cultural differences, I'd say wearing shoes all the time. I guess in the US it's rather common, but i.e. in Poland people usually don't wear shoes in their houses. Especially shoes for sleepwear bug me. I mean, I love bunny slippers, but why you have to get in a bed with them? :tongue: Again, I know it's just animation detail, but still.

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Slices of pizza, last night's spag bol, leftover fish tacos for breakfast - no, just no.

And they eat it COLD. Cold pizza for breakfast is a maybe for me, but cold spaghetti? Ugh.

...and don't they relish it? You gotta be sharp when they get up. If you aren't quick enough, they've got it out of the fridge and troughing it.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I find it annoying when my Sim kids ignore that I've queued up Do Homework followed by Practice musical instrument, and they decide to autonomously Make a Mess. Doh!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    But if you put down the seat you have to *touch* the seat and then when you come back you have to *put it back down again* ew, ew, ew, ew... Actually, what does the seat of a toilet achieve? I'm not trying to criticise, I'm sure it would be very realistic and awesome for some to have this in game but I'm asking in the context of real life and plain curiosity, not criticism - but what does putting down the toilet seat do? I mean... Obviously.. So you don't sit on a seatless toilet seat, but why lift it up? I don't.. Why do we even need a seat that lifts up off of the toilet which is really a seat in itself.. I'm going to look this up.

But I'm happy for you if that does get put in game! I don't like that sims just kinda bite into ice creams.. Like.. what? This isn't how ice creams work, I mean I bite ice creams sometimes but I do a combination, there's got to be some licking here, people! But this is a small thing, and I understand why they might not have wanted to put in a licking animation just for ice creams, that's okay, but it's still weird to look at.

I don't know what else. Uh..

tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Wait, I googled it, the lid is so you can actually use the toilet as a real seat? What?? Who sits in a toilet as if it's a seat *a sim, probably*, like ah yes Mr Branson, do sit down.. Uhmm... That is a toilet. Yees, Mr Branson, do take a seat now, I've got lots of interviews to do and I don't need you stating the obvious..
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Endless glasses of water which the sim leaves all over the house.

Sims with the neat trait who leave books on the floor. Can't stand that in real life either.

Two cooking interactions, the incorporation of earwax into salads and the needless juggling of the oil bottle which then smashes. Also if anyone attacked my cooking pans the way these sims do they would be told off. That is not the way to treat good quality cookware.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    The moon looks awesome, the sun looks like a lightbulb.

the moment I read in the patch notes "The Sun has more detail

I'll open the game like:
    800112ce2db1054467eeac62e1d0a51cf3051304_hq.gif

like does this not bother anyone else?

12_13_15_9_32_05pm_by_mphattyboi-d9k2dci.png

Sunrise, Sunset, looks great, But Midday... no... make it brighter.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I'll open the game like:

I'm with you on that one
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I'll open the game like:

tbh this is hard on my eyes even like that :D
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    1. Cold Food and not able to use the Microwave. I know it would waste time, but seriously it gets cringe when they get food from the fridge and just eat it.

2. Sims walking in on other Sims when using the bathroom.

3. Little to know bed interactions. It would be nice to lay in bed without having to sleep. I miss that interaction so you could read and look comfortable.

4. Less animations. Like before, I understand that there is enough time wasting as is, but cutting out the little details can get annoying. Pouring glasses of lemonade? I am totally fine with it because it would just be the same animation for like 5 extra sim minutes. Though when it comes to the elevator, putting ear buds on, etc. The little animations are what make everything feel like it flows.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Some leftovers I don't mind them them taking straight from the fridge to eat. I quite like cold pizza for breakfast. It was practically a weekend treat growing up. But I wish we had the option to heat up in microwave or eat cold. Cold black bass for breakfast... eww, no!

Biggest pet peeve. Sims coming to visit and head straight to the computer. Did you come over to visit or to blicblock? Fastest way to get asked to leave in my game.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    The talking toilet.....the over the top reaction of 'O-M-G, it's a talking toilet', that forces my Sim to stop their shower, mid-shower to go look and admire it and act in shock. Ugh...hate it.

Oh and my biggest pet peeve of all....how Sims just jump into everyone's conversation. If my Sim is talking to Bella Goth, I'd like my Sim to be able to carry on a convo with Bella without a crowd of people jumping in. I know it's a game...but i find myself screaming at the computer...like dude get out of my convo lol

Oh and my biggest pet peeve of all....how Sims just jump into everyone's conversation. If my Sim is talking to Bella Goth, I'd like my Sim to be able to carry on a convo with Bella without a crowd of people jumping in. I know it's a game...but i find myself screaming at the computer...like dude get out of my convo lol
    OMG YES! We need to be able to click the unwanted sims out of the conversation.
    Simpkin wrote: »

OMG YES! We need to be able to click the unwanted sims out of the conversation.

If you click the sim and choose "Just go away!" They leave the conversation. It's automatic, it doesn't have to wait in the queue or anything.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    What's irritating to me at the moment is that when I cancel actions they don't seem to cancel quite often, and other times I'll direct a sim to do something and THEY'LL cancel it and do something else and I have to try like 3 times to make them do it. Kinda frustrating for a control freak like me.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @DivieOwl I had no idea we could do that. Thanks for the tip.
    @Sha2520032003 You're welcome.
  • WynterlyWynterly Posts: 232 Member
    @DivieOwl - Actually that interaction comes with either Andrew's Pose Player or Teleport Any Sim. It's not a base game interaction.
    ~I only act like I know everything, Rogers.~

Currently doing Harry Potter legacy challenge. You can find the rules here.