Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...are you going to buy the laundry pack?

Comments

• HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    I will get it...when it goes on sale. I really wanted off the grid to win :|
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    Yes I can't wait to get this. I really hope we have clothes lines too. I wish we knew when it will be out.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
    I will definitely be buying this one! I think it will help with my family gameplay!
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I really like the style of the build and buy items, and the clothes are...okay. I'm excited to see the hairstyles. Not too keen on the gameplay but I will reserve judgement until I see it. If it includes a little something extra such as a 'eco-friendly' trait or something of this sort then I will probably buy just to show appreciation of the fact we were 'included' in the process. Maybe this could become a yearly thing where we contribute to the development of a pack? Idk all in all although laundry is not exactly my cup of tea, I like the items and stuff enough that I might buy it. Also depends on what else we get before it is available to buy (like how many other packs get priority and how much I spend before January)
  • qtnikkiqtnikki Posts: 156 Member
    I sure will be buying. I enjoy the realism.
    Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
    Amateur Sim Stories
    Read more at Cosmic Sims
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    I will wait and see what the other items look like first. Though I'm not really interested in my sims doing laundry (yawn) I like the look of the clothes and objects so will probably end up buying it anyway.
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    It went from being something I definitely planned on getting based on the objects and some of the clothes to being undecided and ambivalent. TS3 laundry was ok at first but then got really annoying to me. Also, most of the houses that I play really don't have space for laundry or space that I want to devote to it. I'm not burning up to build a laundry room in any of my households. That opinion could change of course and I do sometimes play in the suburbs, but its not something I'm excited for.

Maybe I'll consider it eventually but I'm not that interested. It's going to have to compete against any of the other content that I don't have when I think about it. I like the rock climbing wall in Fitness Stuff and I haven't given into that. I might pick a rock climbing wall over laundry, for example. So yeah, I'll consider it when/if I'm adding new content but against anything else that I don't have.

I'm going to turn my attention to seeing what else will come out between now and then. I will say that I didn't like how when they held this vote, they were cagey about the prospects of releasing any of the other ideas.

I do completely appreciate that they allowed us to vote and would love to do it again if they decide to do so.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • nr44nr44 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'd buy the laundry pack.. I'd buy ten laundry packs
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Haimona wrote: »
    I will get it...when it goes on sale. I really wanted off the grid to win :|

Same :(
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yes, I would like to buy laundry content, but... I'm confused.

Is the laundry stuff part of the Eco pack?
    Have they shown what's in it yet?

Lol! :lol: Is that real gameplay?

I was a little disappointed that the guy wasn't burning his hands or being cautious or hissing in pain when taking out the clothing from the flaming laundry machine.

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SugarshotzSugarshotz Posts: 35 Member
    > @Dayvon64 said:
    > Day 1 buy, been waiting for this for quite some time, and I always support the devs/gurus.

Yaas same!
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yes. But that's only because of my "completist" nature when it comes to completing my collection for all of the EPs, EPs, GPs, and Store Content for TS1, TS2, TS3, and TS4.
  • SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    I don't really understand how laundry ties into an "Eco Living Pack". I'm really on the fence about buying it now.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Nope. Didn't like it in 3 and don't want it in 4.
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Simmz wrote: »
    I don't really understand how laundry ties into an "Eco Living Pack". I'm really on the fence about buying it now.

It's not really "Eco-Living Pack" per-say. The next poll decides the cover art and then the last decides the name. There will be Eco-friendly ways to do your laundry. It was said that you can use Wash Tubs to wash your clothes (At the cost of having to sit there and do it) and Clothing Lines to dry your clothing (At the cost of it taking a bit longer to dry). Both realistic and eco-friendly.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    most likely but you never know what will happen in life
    more for sim kids and more drama please

That sounds very dark :o
    Dayvon64 wrote: »

That sounds very dark :o

my bad lol
    To be quite honest I guess I was a bit seduced by the Laundry. I'm a Homey type of Simmer and I always like to tell people that 1 day I'd love to play the Sims 4 and have my sim read a book next to a fireplace while it was snowing or raining and then begin to read a book while drinking hot cocoa. I myself enjoy the sound of a dryer while I sleep, I do not know why but the sound soothes me and I hoped to re-create that feeling in-game.
    edited June 2017
    To be quite honest I guess I was a bit seduced by the Laundry. I'm a Homey type of Simmer and I always like to tell people that 1 day I'd love to play the Sims 4 and have my sim read a book next to a fireplace while it was snowing or raining and then begin to read a book while drinking hot cocoa. I myself enjoy the sound of a dryer while I sleep, I do not know why but the sound soothes me and I hoped to re-create that feeling in-game.

thats really nice

thats really nice

Thanks, I have replicated a quite a bit of the feeling of "Homey", months back I downloaded the "Nap in Bath" Mod and had two sims do it. Their hygiene and Energy sky rocketed and as such they were able to pull all nighters easily. During that time I had them work on skills that was important to the story rather than cheat it and it was fun. She was the mom and he was an adoptive son and the daughter and husband were asleep. She made cookies and he worked on Guitar while she worked on her business on the computer. It' like in real life when two people stay up all night and don't need to say a word to each other, they sorta "feel" the other person and not-so much avoid but works around them. I may try to do that again.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2017
    Simmz wrote: »
    Depends on how and what EA/Maxis offers in it, if one can wash by hand and hang clothes that is Eco-friendly. However, from the looks of it EA/Maxis is going to introduce the machines as well. I look at the fitness pack and not everything that pack offer pertains to fitness and the same may happen in this pack.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I have skipped stuff packs before with this game, some of which I might still get later (like Kid's Room or Bowling), but I simply don't want laundry in my game. I never used it even in TS3, so I don't think I'd use it now either. Or actually, in TS3, when I sent my first sim to university, I tried to delete all the hampers in the dorm, but there was accidentally one left, so I had to add washing machines too. So, my sims did laundry for one semester, and it was just boring. The next semester I made sure to delete everything laundry related.

So, no, this stuff pack is definitely not for me.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    99,99% yes! If Off The Grid won it would be 100%
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p