March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

update and upgrade sims 2 please!!!!

sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
sims 2 is the best most fun sim game to play, would it be that hard for ea to remaster it with updated graphics and a updated look for the sims. throw in another ep and stuff pack for allllllll of us sims 2 lovers...

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    No thank you. I will just use CC. It is less risky then letting them put their hands on it. :)
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    They said in the past that they had put as much extra code on top of the base game as they could. If they added much more, they would likely break the game.

The problem with updating the game at all, especially the graphics, is that it would break all CC and mods. Which isn't so bad until you remember that most modders and creators of TS2 things have moved on to other things. And I'd rather keep the mods and CC that I have than risk most of the creators not updating their stuff and losing all of the mods and CC that I love.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Don't expect one. Apart from the game suffering even more technical drawbacks, it would break the games of everyone that modded it. Granted, I doubt they would care about the latter, but nonetheless.
    Don't expect one. Apart from the game suffering even more technical drawbacks, it would break the games of everyone that modded it. Granted, I doubt they would care about the latter, but nonetheless.

The PR disaster of it if it was a forced and not optional update would be horrendous. It would counter the PR boost they got when they released the UC.

And that's all the TS2 UC was, a PR boost for EA before Sims 4 was released given the negative PR that was surrounding it.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Considering that there are things that were broken in the base game and early expansions that they never fixed (like removing the ability to move/delete/place in the lot bin an occupied lot,) in all the years that they did support the game, I would say that it would be extremely hard for them to actually get around to doing it, or finding people who knew how to do it right.

... Plus, not anxious to reinstall on next computer and find that they decided to support the game again, but you have to play via Origin and it requires an internet connection, and it updates unnecessarily every week etc.

I don't like their current business model in regards to the sims - if I buy a game I should be reasonably confident that it will work 90% of the time, and I should be able to play it where I want, when I want, internet or no, and be confident that except for unforseen technical issues like it not being forwards compatible with new OS's, I can take it with me the next time I buy a new computer. To me, it feels like they have progressed via sims 3 and selling blank discs to releasing games that aren't actually finished and asking people to pay extra for features that should have been in there in the first place. Not to mention, a sandbox game released in chunks is far more likely to have major glitches and other problems if one update conflicts with a previous update and it was never all pre-release tested together... and EA has done some truly epic glitches in their time, as long term sims 2 and sims 3 players can attest.

Basically, all these "bring back TS2" threads are asking for something that I personally don't want, because dated graphics for me are in no way a deal breaker if I have a game that I legitimately own and am the only person making stupid changes to, and which actually works pretty much all the time. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    They said in the past that they had put as much extra code on top of the base game as they could. If they added much more, they would likely break the game.

The problem with updating the game at all, especially the graphics, is that it would break all CC and mods. Which isn't so bad until you remember that most modders and creators of TS2 things have moved on to other things. And I'd rather keep the mods and CC that I have than risk most of the creators not updating their stuff and losing all of the mods and CC that I love.

Oh I see then leave it alone
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    What about a whole new game based on sims 2 with updated graphics etc. Although I cant see EA investing in it.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I don't want updated graphics. I like the fact that all 4 of the sim games look different from each other as graphic abilities get better. If they were to upgrade ts2 graphics I worry they'd make it look too much like 3 or 4. And I like the way 2 looks as it is.
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    > @cleo00 said:
    > I don't want updated graphics. I like the fact that all 4 of the sim games look different from each other as graphic abilities get better. If they were to upgrade ts2 graphics I worry they'd make it look too much like 3 or 4. And I like the way 2 looks as it is.

I also like the way sims 2 looks, it adds a certain charm and in my opinion has the best animation.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    In a idealistic world, i would love them to update the graphics, the light too, some little gameplay stuff,mostly for supernatural, alien with special power, vampire not burning if they are in a house without windows (is there any mod for that ?), the ability to create basement in a simple way (i still struggle, i need a good tutorial for that btw )and some problem with game corruption and all the bugs.
    But, when i see all the bug in TH3 and TH4 each time they try to correct something, the fact that i could say bye bye to most of my mod (even if with a graphic update some creator might come back) i just say: no, do not touch it, just let this game in peace.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No way I want a remaster. The game already works perfect a side from some graphic tweaks like resolution and such.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    sims 2 is the best most fun sim game to play, would it be that hard for ea to remaster it with updated graphics and a updated look for the sims. throw in another ep and stuff pack for allllllll of us sims 2 lovers...

I think I will go find the box with all my old Sims 2 games and EP's, see if Origin can get it to run.
    I also think it was the most fun so far.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

I think I will go find the box with all my old Sims 2 games and EP's, see if Origin can get it to run.
    i am wishing you much luck with sins 2 because it is the most fun to play. sims 4 i can't get engaged after 20 minutes i am tired of the same routines the game is just not a simulation game to me it is more like a virtual doll house .. just dress up and play. not a life simulator anymore
  • jodieevaughanjodieevaughan Posts: 6 New Member
    I think Sims 2 is great as it is. It as minor graphics issues, often relative to the versions of Windows people have, but I'm pretty sure if they did try to alter the game it would mess up the way custom content works, and since new CC for Sims 2 isn't really made much these days, that'd just make it not worth it in my opinion. Sims 2 is the best! Sims 4 to me just feels a bit overdone and too 'perfect'...
    I think the entire point of having sims 1, 2, 3, 4 etc are for them all to be different than the last, and making any updates/changes to ts2 to bring it into 2017 just doesnt seem right to me. It has a very appropriate style and look for its time.
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I wouldn't mind if they released a SecuROM free version on origin...

Other than that no changes please :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory

I'd also accept the removal of things that cause corruption. Like the cheat deleteallcharacters. That cheat could be removed. As well as the trashcan in the lot bin. And not allowing packaging of occupied lots.

Making it so that the Count[ess] Vampires can't bite Mrs Crumplebottom (corrupts the game files).
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited July 2017
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I'd also accept the removal of things that cause corruption. Like the cheat deleteallcharacters. That cheat could be removed. As well as the trashcan in the lot bin. And not allowing packaging of occupied lots.

Making it so that the Count[ess] Vampires can't bite Mrs Crumplebottom (corrupts the game files).

Also the incomplete character files and deleting sims from the family bin. This also corrupt the game.
    Yep, a "no securom patch" would be perfect and i would also agree on a "no incomplete character files patch."
    Edit: forgot the "w" of would ^^'
    Post edited by lulubadwolf on
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    This is an aside, but I'm actually curious where everyone's got this idea that not much CC is being made for TS2 anymore. The amount of content being made for it is actually quite staggering. When I check websites that keep track of new TS CC coming out, TS2 is oftentimes getting more than TS3.

It really has a very active modding community, believe it or not.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited July 2017
    A dream I waited for too long, new ep new sp for ts2 with new fun natively compatible Windows 10.
    About cc most of them are never really made for ep , 95 per cent are base game compatible only and it's hard to make cc compatible with simpe.

Well this game is other too much old to put it on trash and let's play all sims 4 until a small couple of years before sims 5 or sims 6. I hate the fact in ts3 we got movies done with ts2, in ts4 we got movies done with ts3 and no more novelties for both games, no fixes, just the new game !

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    This is an aside, but I'm actually curious where everyone's got this idea that not much CC is being made for TS2 anymore. The amount of content being made for it is actually quite staggering. When I check websites that keep track of new TS CC coming out, TS2 is oftentimes getting more than TS3.

Yeah, I find tons of content for ts2 on tumblr cc finds - I just wish there was less of these 3t2 and 4t2 conversions. I love having ts3 and ts4 hair, but people like deedee sims and rented space when they convert the clothes to ts2 they just dont look right imo. They dont fit the style of ts2 to me. But, I have a downloading addiction so I download them anyways and just dont use them. Theres tons of ts2 content still being made, I just wish I could find more stuff that looks like it was made from 2008 to 2012, which is what I consider the golden age of ts2 cc. Much of my favorite stuff I use all the time was made then.
    A dream I waited for too long, new ep new sp for ts2 with new fun natively compatible Windows 10.
    About cc most of them are never really made for ep , 95 per cent are base game compatible only and it's hard to make cc compatible with simpe.

Well this game is other too much old to put it on trash and let's play all sims 4 until a small couple of years before sims 5 or sims 6. I hate the fact in ts3 we got movies done with ts2, in ts4 we got movies done with ts3 and no more novelties for both games, no fixes, just the new game !

Most CC is compatible with the Ultimate Collection and/or all of the EP's. I had absolutely no issues with my CC and I've got tons of CC. The only time you have to worry about CC and compatibility is that anything made before a certain EP would not have any functions from the newer EP. And there are issues with objects created before Pets were released. But anything after that has no issues.
    BariSaxy wrote: »

I don't know either. I just know that a lot of creators from when TS2 was still the main game left for Sims 3 or other games and stopped creating CC (new creators took their place and not all creators left). So CC from the creators that left wouldn't be updated if EA majorly changed the game.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

i am wishing you much luck with sins 2 because it is the most fun to play. sims 4 i can't get engaged after 20 minutes i am tired of the same routines the game is just not a simulation game to me it is more like a virtual doll house .. just dress up and play. not a life simulator anymore

My issue with TS4 is pretty much this, except I describe it a bit differently. For me, it's more or less making really good looking Sims, dressing them up, and then enduring some of the most repetitive and uninspired gameplay of the series. Packs (such as Parenthood) have done a great job at fixing this, but the core of the game will always be the same boring, broken emotion system, boring whims, and boring aspirations. I play it as a big sandbox, really, as I find it's not an actual game at all, and focus on just watching the Sims live their life, which does get very boring, very fast.

Sims 2 feels like a game. There's challenge, strategy involved, risks, etc. and it has all the great features of a life simulation (many of which are more fleshed out and detailed than Sims 4), so I definitely feel it's the better of the selection we tend to choose from (2, 3, and 4).