Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More than one model of washer and dryer?

@SimGuruGraham

Is it possible that more than one model of washer and dryer could be added? I'm worried because the country art style was selected for this pack but does that mean that there can't be at least one modern model as well? Because I would like to build laundry rooms in modern homes too and laundry would be exclusive to this pack since it's an SP. My suggestion is to have one retro-looking model for each to fit the art style and also a modern one for each of them (washer and dryer), so it fits in a modern house.

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham

Is it possible that more than one model of washer and dryer could be added? I'm worried because the country art style was selected for this pack but does that mean that there can't be at least one modern model as well? Because I would like to build laundry rooms in modern homes too and laundry would be exclusive to this pack since it's an SP. My suggestion is to have one retro-looking model for each to fit the art style and also a modern one for each of them (washer and dryer), so it fits in a modern house.

My prediction is they will have a washboard style thing, a cheap-o rundown looking older model, and a nicer modern model
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'm pretty sure there will be at least 2, possibly 3.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Because of the art style and Graham's response to @friendlysimmers pictures (all of which are from 1970), and given the fact that older models were all top loaders and a lot of the newer models are front loaders, they would need different animations. The blurb also mentioned using a washtub and clothesline, which requires more animations, so it's a safe bet that only one style of washer and dryers will be in the pack. But maybe they will make another pack to include other styles later on?
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Because of the art style and Graham's response to @friendlysimmers pictures (all of which are from 1970), and given the fact that older models were all top loaders and a lot of the newer models are front loaders, they would need different animations. The blurb also mentioned using a washtub and clothesline, which requires more animations, so it's a safe bet that only one style of washer and dryers will be in the pack. But maybe they will make another pack to include other styles later on?

It better be in a GP or an EP because another SP focusing on laundry? Kill me. Kill me dead.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes please a cheap run-down looking Washing Machine and a modern sleek looking Washing Machine for our modern homes!
    a256aFi.gif
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member

They will most likely be similar to the two style we got in sims 3 ambitions.In my opinion the more expensive one will look just fine in a modern house.
    9bee1f75372f2e742df9e63e141a66c40323dd71_large.jpg
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham

The country art style has to do more with looks rather than the inner workings of washer and dryer. You can take a modern washer and dryer, and make them look old fashion. So yes, there's a very strong chance that there could be more than one style of washer and dryer coming in this SP.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2017
    I doubt it - it's a stuff pack - usually we get one style of the main feature but a number of colors. More styles once the mechanics are in the game generally comes in additional pack of various kinds in the future. Like we had just one style of dishwasher but via other packs we have received a couple other styles.Cool kitchens we has 1 style of fridge, stove, etc.

Bowling just had one style of bowling.
    Kids stuff had 1 style gaming machine. etc - etc.

If they are giving an option for hand wash or washer - that is already 2 styles and more than what a sp normally does.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    rp_girl wrote: »

They will most likely be similar to the two style we got in sims 3 ambitions.In my opinion the more expensive one will look just fine in a modern house.

Oh that gnome bear, it have a whole family of gnomes in my Sims 3 game I currently play.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    That was an ep not a stuff pack.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Yeah, I was talking with another forum member about it. I hope there is another more modern model, whether it comes in this pack or another one in the future. I hope it's not limited to just one. @SimGuruGraham
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Yeah, I was talking with another forum member about it. I hope there is another more modern model, whether it comes in this pack or another one in the future. I hope it's not limited to just one. @SimGuruGraham

@lasummerb what is wrong with retro content me thats what i would chose for my sims since it fits how i decorate my sims homes and if this style is in the game it would be my choice everytime

1z4idfc.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @friendlysimmers I never said there was anything wrong w/ retro content. I said I hoped they included a modern style as well.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    lovlyb wrote: »
    rp_girl wrote: »

Oh that gnome bear, it have a whole family of gnomes in my Sims 3 game I currently play.

I like these washer and dryer but also ones that are underneath the counters to save some space.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2017
    Well when they do finally produce I think seeing something like the pic below would be neat for like the cheap-o or old school. Also my god mother had one of those in her basement and it still worked for it's age. Was neat watching how old tech worked too.
    9d9e4d1773b561b0a3a7f4a22c898ca8.jpg
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

BMSO wrote: »
    Well when they do finally produce I think seeing something like the pic below would be neat for like the cheap-o or old school. Also my god mother had one of those in her basement and it still worked for it's age. Was neat watching how old tech worked too.
    This model of washer is not eco-friendly by any means. It 95% made of metal, and used more water than anyone does when they take a shower or bath.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2017
    sunman502 wrote: »
    This model of washer is not eco-friendly by any means. It 95% made of metal, and used more water than anyone does when they take a shower or bath.

No it is not but if you read above they were speaking about different models and maybe some could be added in other packs no just in eco. Also no washer and dryer is eco friendly many are mostly metal and plastic anyway both older and newer including wash tubs and wash boards.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

No it is not but if you read above they were speaking about different models and maybe some could be added in other packs no just in eco. Also no washer and dryer is eco friendly many are mostly metal and plastic anyway both older and newer including wash tubs and wash boards.
    Well all are made of some type of material that's found in the natural world. whether that be wood, plastic, or metal. Plastic it's self is not a natural material, but it is made from oil byproduct. And oil is a natural material.
    I know that they were talking about the different models above. I was just commenting that the model that's in the pic that you shared is indeed the least environmentally friendly of them all. Not is it mostly metal, and uses the most water to wash clothes with. It also used the most electricity of all of them. Mostly because of the way the electric motors in them were engineered.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2017

No need to add them in other packs, as long as you are willing to use custom content in your game. Redecorated/redesigned (furniture/decor) objects with the same functionality is a very typical type of custom content. So all you will need, once both a top loader and a front loader are added to the game, is for friendly neighborhood modders to create something like what you are looking for. The animations wouldn't change. Or, you could try using modding tools to create the custom content yourself, if you have enough spare time. (Way back in TS1 days, my first piece of self-created custom content was a green flamingo lawn ornament. Too bad the site with the Transmogrifier program went down. ) thesimszone.co.uk/extras/index.php?ID=75 explains all.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited August 2017
    I am also hoping for some variations in style. And I hope that they are not just marginally different either, like we had in in Sims 3. They wouldn't necessarily need additional animations, as long as their functionality remained the same. For my part, I would prefer front-loading washers, that can be placed under a counter to save space (having said that, though, I do adore that old fashioned top-loader in the photo upthread, so now I am torn).

One thing that I am desperately hoping is that the new washers and driers won't be as big and clunky as the ones in sims 3, which took up a whole tile all round. This was totally out of scale and always looked weird to me. Seriously, who has an 80cm x 80cm washer in their home? Maybe in a laundromat, but not for normal domestic use. Domestic washers and dryers are not as deep.

@friendlysimmers' photo gives a better idea of the proper scale:
    1z4idfc.jpg
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I hope we'll have front-loading modern machines, since that's the one that I think would be the more versatile, and would better reflect the eco living theme. And you can reuse the same animation for the dryer too, so there's that.
  • zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    I'll be satisfied because I'm sure there will be plenty of CC, but I hope EAxis has the sense to add at least a couple of options for players who don't like hunting down CC.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Well considering that there was two versions of the hot tub, I think there's a possibility for a modern and traditional style. I don't think it would be too much extra, because they'd have all the same animations. Plus if they didn't give us more than one style, we'd be stuck with it. Since they usually don't mix content in other packs.
  • veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    Agreed. As such a boring theme won, (boring for me at least), then there should be some variety, some interesting features about it. Different types of washers and dryers is a good start. We can have some vintage ones, normal ones, industrial ones and ultra modern ones.

Also woth the Get To Work Ep, if we can run a laundromat it could be worth playing.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I just saw Graham answering someone about this on twitter, saying they are including one modern front loader and one rustic wash tub. I can't post the link now, but I'm sure someone else will find it quickly - it's somewhere in between all his toddler SP answers from the last 12 hours.