Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime or Supernatural

I will buy another expansion, give me an advice if I'd better to take showtime or supernatural I don't know
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited June 2017
    depends if you're
    more into witches, magic & creatures
    or more into circus & performing arts

i personally would rather recommend supernatural, i bought it right away as it was released
    i bought showtime later first & didn't play much of it since, while i played lots of stuff with supernatural

i played mostly witches, it goes very well with gardening & then learning the magic stuff & mixing own potions
    but there are also vampires, werewolves & fairies in it
    i played fairies a little, they are quite fun
    zombies are very annoying but you can mod them away completely, which i did

those two EPs are not really comparable, very different

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Steam has it for 5 bucks each. Could you get both?

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @Jordan061102 supernatural is my fav, I use it the most, but I am a fantasy nut so you have to take that into consideration. showtime is also fun to use & I even like to use it in conjunction with supernatural so my witch can " hide in plain sight " lol
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I'm not terribly fond of the way showtime was done, not impressed with the careers, and the world is my least favorite. There were some repetitive wishes or phone calls that annoyed me but it has been so long I can't recall. I usually don't play with it. That being said it has pianos and karaoke.

Supernatural was really annoying at first with the zombies and overpopulation of, well, supernatural! But now you can stop progression of the spread of supernatural beings in the options and they dumbed down the zombies to be merely annoying instead of game breaking. Or you can mod them out. I love the old-time furniture style and the elixir shop, alchemy skill and gem cutting machine. I always play with supernatural - even if I turn off all the supernatural beings! (But I usually let the witches and werewolves alone and kill the vamps and fairies. LOL)
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »

Showtime is not on sale as a stand-alone DLC (it's showing as the normal $19.99 in my locale; the same for Pets), but can be had as a bundle with the base game for $7.49.

@Jordan061102
    I have both (bought during a Steam sale several years ago, as a matter of fact) and use Supernatural far more than Showtime. In truth, the list of Supernatural's features that I have not used is only slightly shorter than the list of Showtime features that I have used (Perfect Host LTR, played Dominoes, and shot pool). To be fair, I created a singer Sim when I first installed Showtime but abandoned the effort because venues didn't work as expected, so I don't really count that as "using" its features.

In the final analysis, it really comes down to whether you want to add some fantasy elements to your game or some public performance elements. I like the fantasy, but freely admit that it's personal taste.
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    imdragonit wrote: »
    @Jordan061102 supernatural is my fav, I use it the most, but I am a fantasy nut so you have to take that into consideration. showtime is also fun to use & I even like to use it in conjunction with supernatural so my witch can " hide in plain sight " lol
    Me to and that I only have three human families and rest of my Sims are vampires, fairies, witches and werewolf's and one female Genie.
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I love Supernatural but Showtime has the best supernatural of the whole game as far as I'm concerned ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Apart from the Genie, Showtime includes most of everything that should have been included in Late Night. It's the EP that began forcing the social media & online features garbage into the Sims.
    I wouldn't ever recommend anyone buy it. I'd even recommend Katy Perry SP over that.

Supernatural is full of fun things to do. And Werewolves + Witches. It's awesome.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited June 2017
    Supernatural

I've played with most of the beings (never been a genie). I have to be honest that the zombies sometimes get annoying, but you can either -

A ) use mods that stop zombies from spawning, or
    B ) set the moon to ANY phase OTHER THAN "Full Moon"

As far as the beings I've played -

I love the fairies, vampires, and witches!

I'm a little disappointed with how they made werewolf beings more like big puppies, instead of the fearsome beasts of legends.

What self-respecting werewolf would play fetch or let you rub their belly? This is not a beast to fear - just a giant puppy! A puppy that you can smack on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper! I'm serious - you can! EA could have made the werewolf better than this, but they didn't.

Still I'm quite happy with the Supernatural EP. I will have to do a Genie Sim and see how they are. That's my honest opinion on it.

If you're looking to get into the spotlight and become famous, Showtime is the EP for you! I'm gonna be honest - I've only played with singer career, but there's also acrobat and magician careers that I've not tried. I love singing what can I say?

Perhaps someone who's played with all the careers can give you a better review on the Showtime EP.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2017
    Video Reviews:
    Game Guides:
    Supernatural
    Showtime

SN - Supernatural is the obvious fit if you want more occults. Fairies are perfect for helping around the garden. This pack adds a few new plants and beekeeping. Elders love the rocking chairs. Zombies aren't that bad and easy enough to fix without mods (in-game settings no full moon). Moonlight Falls is a gorgeous world but you will find plenty of occults living there. The claw machine is pretty neat and if you play without money cheats, you can profit from this machine quickly.

I waited two weeks after launch to buy this pack because I thought I wouldn't enjoy it. After seeing a limited edition copy sitting on a Walmart shelf, it felt like a sign so I grabbed it. It's the most fun I've ever had exploring a pack next to World Adventures. So... this is my choice out of the two.

ST- For me personally the professions that come with Showtime can get boring fast and it's not something I do every generation. Without mods, these professions have a habit of popping up everywhere and I find it extremely annoying. Luckily, I don't mind using mods. I do like the dominoes table and the genie. Starlight Shores is a pretty cool world and feels very familiar to living back in California. I almost forgot this pack adds skee ball!
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I love Supernatural but Showtime has the best supernatural of the whole game as far as I'm concerned ;)
    Ok, I just got hit over the head with a pan over this so let me elaborate :D THEY ARE!!! If only all supernaturals would have been that great B) Other than that: yeah, Supernatural of course is the better EP. But ST is indispensable for me just for genies alone. For the rest it was a foretaste kind of EP for what they had in mind for Sims 4: lineair and based on nice animations.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2017
    Goodywood wrote: »

I will buy Paradiso Island with, so no I want Showtime or Supernatural with.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    So thank's for your comments, I probably will buy Supernatural. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    Good choice, personally I'm not as big a fan of Showtime
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @JoAnne65 I have never played a Genie. What do you find cool about them? I may have to try it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @1need4kaffee First of all they're cool because they are so inexpugnable, that they aren't bothered by having to learn anything. As soon as they turn into a kid they can use their powers.
    • No more cooking, ever (unless you feel like it of course). The genie can fix a meal with a snap of their fingers. Any meal, if you've got it installed they can make it and pull it out of the air (except Ambrosia).
    • No more losing time in the bathroom: genies clean themselves ánd others with a single clap in their hands
    • Is your house covered in dirty plates, toilets, sinks and piles of laundry everywhere? Your genie will fix it and clean it all up within a second
    • Do you want to control a townie for a while? You can. The genie bewitches them and for four whole sim hours they are under your command.
    • Tired of that paparazzo hanging around your sim. Then simply ban him. He'll disappear and find himself at the other end of the world.

And then they have this really cool way of locomoting: they float, driven by a little purple fireball :blush: They're simply 🐸🐸🐸🐸 B) < - cool word I didn't realize was not allowed to use here
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I agree with the Supernatural recommendations. I bought Showtime eventually to be a complete-ist but am considering uninstalling it because I find its additions annoying.
  • Options
    JuudiaJuudia Posts: 23 Member
    Supernatural, it gives a new ambience in my opinion