Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we get to change the theme of the SP?

I can't care enough for laundry. If it won awesome, but can we change the name of the SP? I think eco stuff is awesome and it would be great to actually get one in the future. We can name this one house chores stuff or whatever.
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    We get to vote on the name for the laundry SP, yeah.
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I hope so. Laundry isn't eco living at all lol.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Oh ok awesome, thanks :) . But I mean like the theme. I just don't wanna miss the chance to get the other things that to me seem more eco friendly than laundry. Idc if it's in a farm pack or idk I can't think of anything else. So we can leave laundry as another sort of theme
    21mbz47.jpg

Yeah. Like the addition of laundry doesn't bother me at all, but I hate that it has nothing to do with the theme.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Yeah. Like the addition of laundry doesn't bother me at all, but I hate that it has nothing to do with the theme.

I want to have hope that they'll give us the other stuff, but I just can't help but it won't happen. Bleh, I hope they change the theme of this pack.
    C0gfE.gif

I want to have hope that they'll give us the other stuff, but I just can't help but it won't happen. Bleh, I hope they change the theme of this pack.

Me too. Eco living wasn't my first choice when we picked the theme cause I thought the description didn't make much sense with the theme. So I just hope we won't lose the chance to actually get a eco friendly SP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I feel like it'll be changed. I think they know it'll be a marketing nightmare if they name it eco now.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Oh ok awesome, thanks :) . But I mean like the theme. I just don't wanna miss the chance to get the other things that to me seem more eco friendly than laundry. Idc if it's in a farm pack or idk I can't think of anything else. So we can leave laundry as another sort of theme

The theme? No, laundry won...
    Simanite wrote: »

But it makes no sense.
    I feel like it'll be changed. I think they know it'll be a marketing nightmare if they name it eco now.

Yeah. I mean if I didn't know we were making this SP, I would be very surprised to see a SP named Eco Living stuff and getting laundry. And not every single simmer participates on forums.
    21mbz47.jpg

But it makes no sense.

Yeah. I mean if I didn't know we were making this SP, I would be very surprised to see a SP named Eco Living stuff and getting laundry. And not every single simmer participates on forums.

That's exactly it. And if WE got upset about it I dunno how the general public would think of that lmao The general public are very persnickety about social issues lately
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

But it makes no sense.

That's exactly it. And if WE got upset about it I dunno how the general public would think of that lmao The general public are very persnickety about social issues lately

It worries me that people that should know about global warming think laundry is eco friendly lol.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2017

But it makes no sense.

It worries me that people that should know about global warming think laundry is eco friendly lol.

Why do people forget that the feature vote not only included washing machines, but also a washing tub so you can wash by hand.. also a clothesline, so.. if people want to go down the ''eco friendly'' route in their game, they can perfectly fine do that.
    rudy8292 wrote: »

But it makes no sense.

Why do people forget that the feature vote not only included washing machines, but also a washing tub so you can wash by hand.. also a clothesline, so.. if people want to go down the ''eco friendly'' route in their game, they can perfectly fine do that.

Then add that. The whole CAS items and packs don't make sense with modern energy consuming washers and dryers.
    21mbz47.jpg

But it makes no sense.

Then add that. The whole CAS items and packs don't make sense with modern energy consuming washers and dryers.

They can add both; normal machines, and the wash tub and clothesline. Gives people the choice.

People shouldn't be so picky about the whole word ''eco''. The title of the SP isn't even voted for yet, so who knows what its going to be called.

But it makes no sense.

They can add both; normal machines, and the wash tub and clothesline. Gives people the choice.

People shouldn't be so picky about the whole word ''eco''. The title of the SP isn't even voted for yet, so who knows what its going to be called.

The theme is eco...
    21mbz47.jpg
    edited June 2017

But it makes no sense.

The theme is eco...

Yes, and the winner of the vote is Laundry. So well, we have to deal with that.

Do I think Laundry wasn't a better choice for a Bathroom SP or whatever? Yes, I do.
    However; this is what we got, and the rest of the ideas aren't 100% sure going to waste.

There were a lot of very interesting ''eco'' options on the brainstorm list that did not even make it into the voting, so I hope they will at least use some of the ideas for later packs.

But it makes no sense.

The theme is eco...

Do I think Laundry wasn't a better choice for a Bathroom EP or whatever? Yes, I do.
    However; this is what we got, and the rest of the ideas aren't 100% sure going to waste.

There were a lot of very interesting ''eco'' options on the brainstorm list that did not even make it into the voting, so I hope they will at least use some of the ideas for later packs.

agreed. And laundry doesn't bother me, but it bothers me that they are ruining a great theme.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

But it makes no sense.

The theme is eco...

Do I think Laundry wasn't a better choice for a Bathroom EP or whatever? Yes, I do.

agreed. And laundry doesn't bother me, but it bothers me that they are ruining a great theme.

That's what bothers me too.
    edited June 2017

But it makes no sense.

The theme is eco...

That's what bothers me too.

Hopefully we will revive it :) We're already at 119 signatures and it hasn't even been up a full day yet. If they release our GP idea around a similar time as the SP they would tie in super well together with the hand washing
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

But it makes no sense.

The theme is eco...

Don't get me wrong; I really agree with that, but I am pretty sure they can also squeeze some of the ''eco'' options (like the composting, nectar making, canning or food preserving) in a possible Seasons EP, or a Farming EP.

I really liked the Bee keeping and the Chicken Coop too. Also the flower arranging and the pottery wheel and some other hobbies that did not even make it into the voting. I really hope we will get some of them later.

I do agree that the eco theme doesn't really one on one fit with washing machines, but I hope people do realize that it doesn't mean there will never be a possibility for some eco friendly features in future packs.

But it makes no sense.

The theme is eco...

Don't get me wrong; I really agree with that, but I am pretty sure they can also squeeze some of the ''eco'' options (like the composting, nectar making, canning or food preserving) in a possible Seasons EP, or a Farming EP.

I really liked the Bee keeping and the Chicken Coop too. Also the flower arranging and the pottery wheel and some other hobbies that did not even make it into the voting. I really hope we will get some of them later.

I do agree that the eco theme doesn't really one on one fit with washing machines, but I hope people do realize that it doesn't mean there will never be a possibility for some eco friendly features in future packs.

Yeah. I'm also hoping to see these features in a farming GP or the seasons EP.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    I'm really excited to see what kinda name suggestions the gurus are gonna come up with. LOL. :trollface:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    edited June 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm really excited to see what kinda name suggestions the gurus are gonna come up with. LOL. :trollface:

"We Derped Up" stuff.

Edited: For wording
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited June 2017

"We Derped Up" stuff.

'Regrets' Stuff
    'Totally not Eco Living' Stuff
    'We Don't Know How To Make These Eco Living but We Just Put Some Furniture Made of Rattan But Will Put Modern Washers and Dryers Cuz That Makes Total Sense' Stuff.
    :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member

"We Derped Up" stuff.

'Regrets' Stuff
    'Totally not Eco Living' Stuff
    'We Don't Know How To Make These Eco Living but We Just Put Some Furniture Made of Rattan But Will Put Modern Washers and Dryers Cuz That Makes Total Sense' Stuff.
    :D

I like where this is headed.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif