Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do baby's gender seem to come in bunches for you too?

JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
So it just seems to me that my game picks a gender and sticks with it for a while. So like if I don't do the strawberry or carrot thing and have five pregnant girls around town I will get five baby girls. Then it will switch over and I'll get like 8 baby boys before it goes back to girls. Just seems to work out that way for me.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Yeah, I think it's built into the game to preserve some semblance of gender balance. But, I use the MCCC mod now, and I choose (so very easily, too) the gender and number of babies born. There's been a couple of times in my game most recently where the mod indicated three babies and their gender, so I simply changed the number of babies to what I desired and the gender. Done and done. Now, I don't have to worry if the carrots or strawberries are producing. I've also had the misfortune of having my Sim eat such things and ended up with multiples. It's not supposed to work like that but something strange happened after one of the patches. :open_mouth: It was after that I started to use this quality of the MCCC mod. I won't go back to the old method.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I use MCCC, so this may just be a feature of that that I don't know about, but I think there is some kind of gender balance. I had Alexander get 5 different females pregnant, pretty much one right after the other. Girl #1 was pregnant with a girl, Girl #2 a boy, Girl #3 twins, boy and girl, Girl #4 boy, Girl #5 twins, girl and boy.

Now, I think some of it is just luck that it worked out that way because I have had a slew of girl's in one family. I've had back to back boys in families. But, for the most part, I think the game - or at the very least mccc - tries to maintain some form of balance.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    It has to be geared to give one gender in groups. I play my Thompson legacy with matriarchal rules. Raleigh (2nd generation heir) needed to have a girl, but her first two were boys. I didn't want to have another boy and decided to reset the rules for this generation. A male heir for 3rd generation.

Well, the game decided at that point to give everyone else girls. I don't use cheats or CC in this game save, and personally organize the families to populate the sims world. I decided to try one more time to get the female heir, but with six baby girls born it produced a boy.

I changed my mind again knowing the group of boys was coming my way. When a block of babies comes your way jump on the bandwagon before it pulls out the station.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I've never noticed this before; however, I've always successfully influenced the baby's gender by making the pregnant sim eat lots of carrots and listen to alternative music to have a boy or strawberries/pop music to have a girl. It's always worked for me too.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Yesterday I was checking and editing sims in my towns. I realised I have more female children. I'll try to fix it, because soon I'll run out of boyfriends :dizzy:
  • B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    All the time, especially if I want a specific gender. I really wanted a boy but got four girls and when I wanted a girl I got three boys. So annoying!
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I don't think it actually is programmed that way I think it's just coincidence. It's just like in real life, I know families with 4 or 5, even 6 kids of the same gender. Just happens that way sometimes.
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Maybe it's just a coincidence, but Lately I've had 8 Girls in a row, and I only ever get boys when I actually influence the mom during pregnancy.

I even used a mod (Show Sim Info) to see the gender in advance and did a little experiment. So the thing about pregnancies in Sims 4 is that the gender of the baby is set right after the "Try for baby" interaction is finished. So I saved before trying for baby and repeated this multiple times to see what genders I got each time. After 25 tries I got a surprising 22 Girls and only 3 Boys :o
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Maybe it's just a coincidence, but Lately I've had 8 Girls in a row, and I only ever get boys when I actually influence the mom during pregnancy.

I even used a mod (Show Sim Info) to see the gender in advance and did a little experiment. So the thing about pregnancies in Sims 4 is that the gender of the baby is set right after the "Try for baby" interaction is finished. So I saved before trying for baby and repeated this multiple times to see what genders I got each time. After 25 tries I got a surprising 22 Girls and only 3 Boys :o

I've had times where one gender seems to be way more common than the other too. Not quite to that extent though, wow. Hmm now you have me doubting if it is a coincidence or not :P
  • Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I think I actually get pretty even. The last six pregnancies I had ended up being.
    - Boy
    - Girl
    - Twins (Boy/Girl)
    - Twins (Boy/Boy)
    - Boy
    - Twins (Girl/Girl)
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    One of the things people are really bad at in general is judging how often clumps should appear in random assignments like this. It's one of the ways people committing fraud often foul up when faking data that they think should be random.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    For a while there I was getting all boys, but for the past two weeks, it's been almost all girls. Good thing, as the boys will need spouses once they grow up.
    Origin ID: nik24x7