Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have a Sims 4 Game Issue? Lets Find A Mod To Fix It!

CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
edited June 2017 in General Mods Discussion
So for those who may not know me, I'm a self diagnosed mod addict. My game is full of Maxis Match CC and too many mods to count, most of them are to fix a the game. Since my stay on the forums as a new member for like 3 months, I've noticed that people have game issues or even some game demands that can be fixed with mods that I've come across. So as my very first discussion, I've decided to create a new thread where you, humble Sims 4 player minutes away from yelling at the computer screen due to a glitch or what have you, let me know what issue you're having in game and I will try to find a mod to fix it!! As a self proclaimed CC addict as well, who casually goes CC shopping in the middle of Accounting class will help you look for it!!! Not only will I be looking for that game fixing outfit matching community made gift for you, others are welcome to join in! And for those new to the modding/CC scene, this is how to mod your game:

This PC > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods
FFCOojX.gif
Post edited by CitySimmer16 on

Comments

• ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    =O Yay.

Ok I've had a plethora of annoyances lately (basically just got the game for mother's day and I'm about halfway through my second generation). The main grievance right now is that they do nothing but stare or stupid things unless I micro manage every moment. Even then when I click off (they cancel out some things and go do said stupid things). I finally had to disable AI for selected sim so my one would feed her toddlers instead of continuing to cancel it out to go paint ect.

Anywho, is there a mod that improves the ai, both for played or unplayed sims? I never remember having trouble like this in sims 3 (I only played that for 2 months before buying 4).
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    @Zoaea I'm not the OP but MC Command Centre can help you improve the AI, disable annoying things, and more. Nowadays it's a must have for TS4 players :smile:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Zoaea wrote: »
    I heard mc command center allows romantic interactions with children. Unless that's false I don't want to use that mod.

MC Command Centre doesn't override any relationship settings that you don't actively tell it to override.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited July 2017
    Edited to remove slander. =x

Also, Mccc has taken some of the burden off but I'm still looking for some fixes to them canceling out nesesary tasks like going pee or eating the food they get for themselves or a toddler.
    Post edited by Zoaea on
    edited July 2017
    Removed
    Post edited by Zoaea on
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited July 2017
    @egwarhammer Thank you for clearing that up, and also good to know about the rules of this forum. xP

I think I'll give the mod a try then. My sims are truly not very smart, even when it comes to their own critical needs. Like peeing themselves because they go sleep, even though tiredness is only yellow, ect. And the mindless wall staring, ugh!
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited July 2017
    A general good advice regarding slanders of any kind:
    If you cant find the claim, then either
    A.) You havent googled it before posting about it, and then you shouldnt post about it.
    Or
    B.) There is no such thing, and you can safely use the mod and not post about such a claim.

Either way, claiming such a thing without any source, is not ok in my book.

Back on topic:

DP has made several game-fixes built into MCCC, such as doctor career and homework bug on teens.

Happy Simming! :)

Post edited by itsug on
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    edited July 2017
    > @itsug said:
    >
    > Back on topic:
    >
    > DP has made several game-fixes built into MCCC, such as doctor career and homework bug on teens.
    >
    > Happy Simming! :)

I think you are right, and I feel horrible. I was also having trouble even finding the info to clarify for my self. Anyway, I think the person was referring to teens as 'kids'. T_T I would delete the post if I could so there was no lasting words but it doesn't let me?
    Post edited by Zoaea on
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    It will let you edit it once you become member on here.

When that happens, feel free to hilight me, so I can remove me quoting you. ;)

Happy Simming!
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    @egwarhammer and @itsug I got member status now, can you edit your comments too?

Deepest apologies again.

And an aside are there any companion mods that help with bugs or annoying game actions like sims canceling a whole line of commands, and failing to eat or pee when they start the action? Everything else has been taken care of by mccc tho. =]
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    @Zoaea You can fix this by turning autonomy off :)
    FFCOojX.gif
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2017
    An overload of mods/custom content (my Mods folder is 11 GB in size) causes my game to load slowly. However, up until the latest Microsoft update (which seems to be causing browser crashes as well), it ran just fine with no lags that I could detect. It still seems to run fine - until my entire computer crashes without warning. Also, I no longer seem to be able to run Amazon music or Spotify or any browser windows at the same time as my game anymore. Too much custom content?
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    edited August 2017
    An overload of mods/custom content (my Mods folder is 11 GB in size) causes my game to load slowly. However, up until the latest Microsoft update (which seems to be causing browser crashes as well), it ran just fine with no lags that I could detect. It still seems to run fine - until my entire computer crashes without warning. Also, I no longer seem to be able to run Amazon music or Spotify or any browser windows at the same time as my game anymore. Too much custom content?

To much Microsoft!!

I found that if I put all mods in categories and rename them, removing all the -- () spaces and other odd marks, that the game will load faster.. Also by having a category I call Test. I can put new mods or suspect mods in the test folder to make for fast testing.
    Post edited by Romzarah on
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Romzarah wrote: »

To much Microsoft!!

I found that if I put all mods in categories and rename them, removing all the -- () spaces and other odd marks, that the game will load faster.. Also by having a category I call Test. I can put new mods or suspect mods in the test folder to make for fast testing.

Followup: After I checked my running and startup programs, I disabled a service called gsservice.exe when I could find no information online as to its usefulness. I also shut down a running program called....Program. I now blame malware.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    Malware the bane of the modern world and the biggest killer of computers everywhere..
  • Dinosaur_GuyDinosaur_Guy Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Romzarah said:
    > SimsILikeSims wrote: »
    >
    > An overload of mods/custom content (my Mods folder is 11 GB in size) causes my game to load slowly. However, up until the latest Microsoft update (which seems to be causing browser crashes as well), it ran just fine with no lags that I could detect. It still seems to run fine - until my entire computer crashes without warning. Also, I no longer seem to be able to run Amazon music or Spotify or any browser windows at the same time as my game anymore. Too much custom content?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > To much Microsoft!!
    >
    > I found that if I put all mods in categories and rename them, removing all the -- () spaces and other odd marks, that the game will load faster.. Also by having a category I call Test. I can put new mods or suspect mods in the test folder to make for fast testing.

You can sort the mods? I'm bit nervous with folders and files and rename sometimes cause I don't want to accidentally break the mods and have to download them again. Like, I thought I just have to leave mods alone to have them work well.
    > @Romzarah said:
    > SimsILikeSims wrote: »
    >

You can sort the mods? I'm bit nervous with folders and files and rename sometimes cause I don't want to accidentally break the mods and have to download them again. Like, I thought I just have to leave mods alone to have them work well.

You can have one sub folder level .. Just create a folder for each type of mod you use in your mods folder..
    If you are using The Sims 4 Mod Manager you only need to make the folders in the managers mods folder. The manager will auto create them in the games mod folder.
    You should move your old mods folder out to a temp one before you run the manager so you don't have dupe files in the games folder..
  • serenabellumserenabellum Posts: 4 New Member
    > @CitySimmer16 said:
    > So for those who may not know me, I'm a self diagnosed mod addict. My game is full of Maxis Match CC and too many mods to count, most of them are to fix a the game. Since my stay on the forums as a new member for like 3 months, I've noticed that people have game issues or even some game demands that can be fixed with mods that I've come across. So as my very first discussion, I've decided to create a new thread where you, humble Sims 4 player minutes away from yelling at the computer screen due to a glitch or what have you, let me know what issue you're having in game and I will try to find a mod to fix it!! As a self proclaimed CC addict as well, who casually goes CC shopping in the middle of Accounting class will help you look for it!!! Not only will I be looking for that game fixing outfit matching community made gift for you, others are welcome to join in! And for those new to the modding/CC scene, this is how to mod your game:
    >
    > This PC > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods

i'm having problems with game play i can load into CAS but then i go in to get playing my new made characters and i'm stuck on a loading screen till it glitches out and says not responding and shuts down
  • serenabellumserenabellum Posts: 4 New Member
    and when i take out the mods folder everything is fine again
  • CorsetCorpseCorsetCorpse Posts: 17 Member
    I have a question that I have no idea where to post and as a new member I can't make my own thread. Sorry for tagging onto your conversation. Well, make that a few questions.
    1) Where can I find a full comprehensive tutorial on how to add mods? I've never modded TS4, only TS3, so I've no idea where to start.
    2) Is modding legal? Like does it violate any ToS or anything? Or is it okay to mod?
    3) I know some mods are "banned", but are they banned for use entirely, or are we just not allowed to discuss them on this site?
    Sorry again for intruding, thanks in advance for any and all help.
    Maybe @rosemow can answer my questions? I know you're an expert.
    Sorry for bringing you into this possibly misplaced post.
    Also, is Sims4Studio a tested, reliable, and safe program to use?
    Again, sorry for bugging you guys. I feel terrible :/
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Hi @CorsetCorpse! What a great name! Here is a comprehensive tutorial on CC and Mods that should answer questions 1& 2:
    https://simsvip.com/2014/08/22/how-to-install-custom-content-in-the-sims-4/

as for question 3, any Mods/CC that would make your game R-rated (like a movie) are not allowed to be discussed on the forum. So, as long as you keep things PG, chat away!

Sims4Studio is really reliable. It is the program everyone uses to make CC, which is why you see them recommended everywhere to fix CC problems that occur when there are game updates. Plus, they have an awesome CC selection!

Please don't feel bad! We've all been newcomers here at one point! Even the omnipresent @rosemow Lol! ;) Please feel free to ask questions! Most of us don't bite! :)o:)
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > Hi @CorsetCorpse! What a great name! Here is a comprehensive tutorial on CC and Mods that should answer questions 1& 2:
    >
    > as for question 3, any Mods/CC that would make your game R-rated (like a movie) are not allowed to be discussed on the forum. So, as long as you keep things PG, chat away!
    >
    > Sims4Studio is really reliable. It is the program everyone uses to make CC, which is why you see them recommended everywhere to fix CC problems that occur when there are game updates. Plus, they have an awesome CC selection!
    >
    > Please don't feel bad! We've all been newcomers here at one point! Even the omnipresent @rosemow Lol! ;) Please feel free to ask questions! Most of us don't bite! :) o:)

For my third question, I understand that I'm not allowed to discuss specifics here, but are the 'banned' mods/cc banned for use in game or could I use a pack in game as long as I don't discuss it here? I just don't want to get into any sort of trouble with EA or anything, haha.
    Thank you for your guidance!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Hi @serenabellum it sounds like you have some broken CC. You can do a couple of things. You can try the batch fix at Sims 4 Studio:
    http://sims4studio.com/ You will need a membership to download the program but, it is free and comes with really great instructions on how to use it!

And/Or you can try the 50/50 method to locate any broken CC: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Good luck!