July 18 - It's patch day for The Sims 4! See what issues have been fixed.

Thank you for ruining this whole experience....

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 3,888 Member
The one time...THE ONLY TIME we ever get a say in any pack...they stuff in laundry. They know laundry was the current 'trend' in the community and everyone (for some sort of reason) was going crazy around it AND THEY STUFF IT IN A Create-A-StuffPack-Project. For crying out loud, laundry can be shoed in ANY PACK but those other ideas can't exactly fit anywhere. Why ruin a potential experience where simmers actually get a say and we create a unique never-seen-before pack? You guys had to put in laundry and over-shadow everything else. And this ruined it all the way back from 'Round 1'. Fun fact, I bet you $100,000 'Eco-Living' wouldn't have been #1 if it weren't for that little bulliten point that said laundry.

Just thank you devs...thanks a lot.

Comments

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited June 27
    Thank you for being a wet blanket on a pack that you just said yourself wouldn't have won if it wasn't for laundry. Which means, if it had been a stand alone item in the vote... it still would have won.

Umm....yes, my point exactly? Why are you repeating what I just said? I don't get what you're trying to prove here.
    edited June 27
    So you are upset it was a popular choice? I don't get your point.

Simmers DID have a say. And they chose laundry. I chose canning, and I hope they add that too. But all this constant whining is annoying. No one "ruined the whole experience". There is evidently a vast majority enjoying it.

Oh my god, you just explained your own question yourself. Because it is a POPULAR request, it shouldn't have been in a project where we actually have a voice in. It overshadowed everything we potentially could have voted on and decided how it could work in our game. I will repeat again and again, Eco only won because of laundry. I am not saying no one liked the concept of Eco-Living but most of the votes were because of laundry.
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    This is ridiculous. The very themes they chose were popularly requested on the ideas forum. All of them. Feel free to be miserable because what you wanted wasn't picked. Others will join you, I'm sure. But It changes nothing, and plenty of others will continue to enjoy the process.

It's this kind of whining that will prevent the Guru's from ever including the community again.

I swear, I am not speaking chinese. All of them were popular, but not as popular as laundry clearly. And what you said at the end is a joke. If Guru's can't handle criticism on their decisions then they shouldn't be Guru's in the first place. You think they will stop because someone complained? 'OMG YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL NOOO!' We aren't 8.
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. The very themes they chose were popularly requested on the ideas forum. All of them. Feel free to be miserable because what you wanted wasn't picked. Others will join you, I'm sure. But It changes nothing, and plenty of others will continue to enjoy the process.

It's this kind of whining that will prevent the Guru's from ever including the community again.

I swear, I am not speaking chinese. All of them were popular, but not as popular as laundry clearly. And what you said at the end is a joke. If Guru's can't handle criticism on their decisions then they shouldn't be Guru's in the first place. You think they will stop because someone complained? 'OMG YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL NOOO!' We aren't 8.

Their decisions? It was the community's decision.

I'm angry. Nobody likes what I like. Popular thing is popular. :D

Yes, their decisions. The whole project to begin with shouldn't have included laundry. It overtook the whole process and ended up with predictable results. And oh my, you truly dissed and went savage on me on that last line. Now I am sitting here crying because everyone wanted laundry. You truly caught me red-handed :(

Their decisions? It was the community's decision.

I'm angry. Nobody likes what I like. Popular thing is popular. :D

Yes, their decisions. The whole project to begin with shouldn't have included laundry. It overtook the whole process and ended up with predictable results. And oh my, you truly dissed and went savage on me on that last line. Now I am sitting here crying because everyone wanted laundry. You truly caught me red-handed :(

Right. So they shouldn't give the community things they want. That makes sense. And the fact you used the words "savage" and "dissed" shows I'm probably dealing with a teenager, so I'm out.

The game is rated T for a reason. I am not sure what you expected, everyone being adults? Lol. And yes, continue on changing what I said. From the very beginning if you read, (which doesn't seem to be the case) you would have known I said laundry shouldn't be included in this vote BECAUSE it can be included later on in ANY pack since it is POPULAR ENOUGH and can fit in regardless of theme (to an extent).
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 286 Member
    edited June 27
    You know, I choose the eco living option last in the first vote and I choose style B for the first vote, 2/3 of the clothing and objects were not things I wanted, and the last vote I choose the canning one. I think laundry should have been it's own thing. It would be one thing if this were merely a laundry pack and not being called an eco living pack, but this is so disappointing that this may be the only pack I actively want to not buy for the sims 4. I mean, I buy all of the other packs, but I'm just so disappointed that laundry is in an eco pack and not it's own separate thing. Either canning or off the grid should have been with this pack because they'd be more fitting and honestly canning might even fit better with a farming pack. I mean, I think considering they said off the grid was second I believe that if it weren't for laundry we could have had something very unique and it would have been nice, but nope. I really wanted laundry but not like this. Hopefully they name it something other than eco living or whatever, though. Like laundry living or whatever since laundry has clearly become the focus and that would give it some justification in my eyes.
    You know, I choose the eco living option last in the first vote and I choose style B for the first vote, 2/3 of the clothing and objects were not things I wanted, and the last vote I choose the canning one. I think laundry should have been it's own thing. It would be one thing if this were merely a laundry pack and not being called an eco living pack, but this is so disappointing that this may be the only pack I actively want to not buy for the sims 4. I mean, I buy all of the other packs, but I'm just so disappointed that laundry is in an eco pack and not it's own separate thing. Either canning or off the grid should have been with this pack because they'd be more fitting and honestly canning might even fit better with a farming pack. I mean, I think considering they said off the grid was second I believe that if it weren't for laundry we could have had something very unique and it would have been nice, but nope. I really wanted laundry but not like this.

Thank you.
  • Mchap353Mchap353 Posts: 1,728 Member
    I sympathise @Wulfsimmer but this has got Laundry complainers out of the way and the Stuff pack won't be coming out for several months, Who knows but one of your favourite picks has been in the pipeline for some time and might be coming out sooner in the next Expansion or Game pack.

• DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,538 Member
    Honestly I can't for the life of me even fathom what laundry has to do with eco living so I kind of understand OP's point. I guess a clothesline and washboard are eco but a washing machine and dryer not so much and it feels shoe-horned in.

I don't get the fixation on it other than to bring back memories of what we used to have and wanting to have that again. But people obviously want it so that's fine but bashing someone because they are unhappy with it isn't necessary. The Sims team has recovered from criticism before - I doubt this will melt them now. A lot of people feel critical of the series lately and it's not a bad thing if the dev team listens to that feedback sometimes. The problem with the gaming community comes when we start tearing each other up over differing opinions.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 5,307 Member
    @Wulfsimmer you need to realise that when it comes to content in the game it needs to be fair but thats no reason to be disrespecful toward players who voted for the feature your not the only one that plays the sims4 after all
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 584 Member
    edited June 27
    A guru mentioned that the choices included in the gameplay object vote were all things they had no plans currently in action to add to the game. Which TO ME means it is highly unlikely that the items that LOSS the vote will ever be in the game.

Idk about anyone else but for me that meant if I don't vote for laundry, that we'll never get it. I agree Laundry doesn't fit eco living. I agree there were other items in the gameplay list that caught my attention. But I choose this opportunity to be sure they add laundry. I don't believe the objects or clothing are eco living related either so I'm honestly still unsure how this pack will look when it's all said and done.

I'm just really not a fan of decorative objects in the game now when they used to have a function, such as hampers and fake piles of dirty clothes. So for me, laundry is a step closer to getting back the things we had in TS3 that I enjoyed.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 26,096 Member
    I didn't like the furniture the community picked. But I missed the votes on all of it (I kept forgetting, so I have no one to blame but me and others who forgot about voting on all this stuff.) :D But I will buy it for the 'laundry' if it won. Yay!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 26,096 Member
    @Wulfsimmer you need to realise that when it comes to content in the game it needs to be fair but thats no reason to be disrespecful toward players who voted for the feature your not the only one that plays the sims4 after all

Congrats @friendlysimmers ! Looks like our begging for two+ years has won! Very happy you get your laundry! This will be one of the few stuff packs I'm willing to pay full price to get. I have only purchased a few and glad we finally will have laundry.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 987 Member
    BooV7227 wrote: »
    I think part of the problem is that Laundry may have fit better under a different heading, for example, under the Starter Home theme.

Had we read the exact same blurbs in the first vote except for the lone move of laundry switching to Starter Home instead of Eco Friendly, then when everyone that voted on a theme "because it said Laundry" and Starter Home won, everyone else would have had a much cleaner idea of what to expect and there would have been a lot less tension.
    Cheap home furniture, washing machines and messy clothes piles, the option of separate washer and dryer vs stackable, the community may have been much more in line on preferences had it been under a different theme.

(This isn't meant as a criticism, just a random thought looking back now.)

Oh well.

Yes I agree with that. It would've fit better under starter home.
    I just so really hope they include the others in a GP or EP. I think they would be better if put in one of those rather than a SP. I hope all those who wanted Laundry don't get upset if it's not as fully fleshed as they think it will be. This is a SP after all. Because it is Eco they may only include the hand wash tub and clothes line. I don't think they will include both washer/dryer and tub/line plus the hamper. I could be wrong tho.

As for the others, I will say what I just said on another thread. I feel as if they dangled a treat in front of me, then jerked it away and eat it themselves. I think many of us would feel better if SG Graham would tell us, just because they didn't win doesn't mean they won't ever make it into the game. He did say there was no plan, currently, to include them. So there are those of us who think they will be thrown away and never considered again.
  • gizzinator1gizzinator1 Posts: 310 Member
    Absolutely. That is what I have thought from the beginning. Laundry should have been a standalone theme or at least attached to the started home where it made sense. No wonder people are upset, especially after seeing the brainstorm list and the other options in the vote since They said that whatever didn't win in this project they had no plans to make in the future.
  • BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 27
    @SparklePlumley I'm sorry I can't remember where he said it, but I thought he said they were happy about how much effort we put into the other ideas and that while there could be no promises at the moment, they could at least remember them for future holes that need filling. So there is a chance, but no current plans to do so.
  • somethingstellarsomethingstellar Posts: 631 Member
    edited June 27
    All they meant by "they have no plans to make it in the future" is they have no actual, set plans for it yet. A lot of the stuff mentioned they probably already have set plans for a pack for and they wouldn't want to release out for this one. A lot of them are probably going in a gamepack rather than a stuffpack too. Like a lot of the farming stuff there I'm PRETTY sure they were already planning on putting in to a game pack and that's why most of it didn't even make the survey even though there were some people were SUPER excited about.

If we are as persistent in demanding an off-the-grid game pack as #teamlaundry was about getting laundry back we can get them to change their minds. There is no concrete no in business. If we tell them we will throw money at them for it, they'll basically have to say they hate money in order to excuse not doing it.

We probably could have avoided all of this drama if gurus hadn't vaguely worded things to make people think laundry would never come in if they didn't vote for it right then. Such shady, shady stuff. All so they can get an extra $10 for digital washing machines that should have been in the $20 parenthood pack.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited June 27
    I don't get the problem. People knew up front what the features were they were able to choose from, and Laundry won.

Things such as canning/preserving/nectar making/ composting can also be part of Seasons for example.
    There are maybe no direct plans to add the mentioned stuff in packs in the ''near future'' but they never said they will never consider any of the other ideas ever again.

It's not like The Sims 4 is over.

In fact; @SimGuruGraham said a while ago they will never throw ideas in the trash, but they will all end up in their ''database'' or whatever so they can pull ideas from that at a later time when making a different pack.

Laundry won, it's just the way it is. I am happy it won, and yes, I can see Laundry also being part of a Bathroom SP, but this is the way it is now.

There is always a chance your favorite will not win when there is voting involved.

P.S. I also voted for some clothing options and objects that didn't make it. Why complain about it? It's a voting process, and we all know you can't always have the things you personally want.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 3,080 Member
    I'm exited that laundry one. And honestly, it looks like everyone will be covered, those who want normal laundry experience (ie. washer and dryer), those who want a more eco "friendly" off grid living (wash bin and clothesline), and those who could care less about the laundry aspect in the game, they just don't have to place a washer or dryer, or possibly even hampers. So I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.

I mean, City Living gave us talking toilets - how does that even fit in with living in the city? lol I don't know of any place close to where I live that has talking toilets, or bushes to woohoo in. But that's not the point I'm trying to make. I think what I'm saying is, each GP and SP and EP has a main theme that it's going for, but sometimes we get items tossed in that we - as players - wouldn't figure belongs in said pack. Those talking toilets is one that sticks out for me. Though I'm sure other players would disagree with me, and say yea, they to have a place in CL!

I tend to buy things for the game based on what I like, take the Spooky SP, I got it only for the candy bowl. That thing cracks me up. And I do have my sims carve some pumpkins once in a while, but outside of that, I don't use anything else from it. The Vampires - I didn't buy it, I won it - but again, I love the clothes and the hairs, and a lot of the furniture.

Outdoor Retreat, I hardly send my sims camping, but I wanted the new foods, and other items that came with it. See where I'm going with this? So even if you may not like one thing (laundry) there will still be plenty of things for you to use and enjoy!