Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Themes for future Stuff Packs

CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I totally didn't see the ideas corner forum and posted this in the wrong section. So, here it is again. My ideas for future Stuff Packs
Those are the potential themes I would like to see:

Seedy Stuff Pack
Gameplay Elements: Burglar NPC, alarmsystems, barrel with fire in it - warm hands animation
Build/Buy: Run-down furniture, re-purposed city stuff (old tires as a table etc.), more dirt and messes to place on floors/walls
CAS: Clothing with tears and dirt, casual slacky stuff like loose ties, crumbled shirts, long t-shirts

Comment: To me stuff packs should enhance niche themes. So, if someone wants to play down on their luck sims, or an enhanced Rags to Riches, they can.

Japanese Stuff Pack
Gameplay Elements: Koi Pond, Sliding Doors, traditional asian music station
Build/Buy: Obviously japanese themed furniture and build items, paper doors and windows, a new roof type and shingles, but the architecture should be more modern, so it could be usable not only in an asian themed playstyles. Just google 'modern japanese furniture' and you get an idea what I mean. Minimalistic, lots of wood, cubic, elegant and thin.
CAS: Japanese fashion can be very different and very experimental and playful.

Comment: I long for some elegant furniture and I think, a pack as this could provide it as well as give some options for builders.

Early Ages Stuff Pack
Gameplay Elements: Baby/Toddler Swing, Baby Mobile - baby trying to grab it animation, Baby Shower Party, Stroller perhaps?
Build/Buy: Loads more Bassinet variants, other kids-friendly furniture
CAS: Of course, a bunch of hairstyles and clothing for toddlers, and for kids as well, and maybe the option to change the onesie the baby has on into different colors/patterns. This would be a pack with more CAS items than build/buy.

Comment: This would try and fill some shortcomings the Parenthood Gamepack has when it comes to babies and toddlers.

House Party Stuff Pack
Gameplay Elements: Beerpong table, Charades game interaction, bottle rockets for fireworks, more Party Types like Teenage Houseparty, Game Night etc.
Build/Buy: More variants of the existing games (chess, llama), party decorations like garlands, balloons, colorful lamps for the outside and tables, more bar types and bar stools
CAS: Clothes fit for a party

Comment: I like the party challenges, but I think, there are too few of them and I would like to see different party types, and more stuff people can do at parties. Some more challenging, difficult parties would also be great.

Retirement Stuff Pack
Gameplay Elements: Retirement Party Type, an old car to repair and fix up (turn it from a heap of rust into a shiny new looking car - oldtimer), a knitting skill that allows knitting scarves, sweaters, socks etc., looking through photo family album interaction
Build/Buy: Comfy, traditional furniture, sofa with cushions, new flowers and bushes, some kitschy decorations, side tables with doilies (or other fabric) on it, bathroom tiles with small pictures on it etc., and some real sized cars (I get they are just deco objects, but that's still better than resizing the kids playcars) and motorcycles
CAS: Loads of clothing fitting for Elder sims, car mechanic overall, some traditional hairstyles, glasses and hats

Comment: I often have the feeling, that as soon as a Sim ages into an Elder, you are just waiting for them to die. Their exciting parts of life are over. With a stuff pack like that, you could still have some room for their stories. Have the kids visit their weird grandparents house, that maybe looks old, but is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cozy.

Grand Ball Stuff Pack
Gameplay Element: Slow Dance or Waltzing Skill, the ability for sims to closely dance together, spin around etc., throw a Grand Ball event, Waltzer music station
Build/Buy: Everything for a grand ball room, high end expensive furniture that looks classy and elegant, some stuff probably even antique, pillars, curtains, big chandeliers, stairs that go around (not spiral stairs, but stairs with a half platform in it).
CAS: Tuxedos, big Ballgowns and the like, shiny shoes, cravats as a accessoire, earrings etc.

Comment: Yes, we had the Luxury Party Stuff Pack, but this was more modern with a lot of cold, etchy looking furniture. This pack would aim for a more classic, fairy tale vibe. It wouldn't be something I would play, but I think, it would be a great addition for all those, that have elaborate stories with rich people intrigues in it.
Post edited by Candacis on

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I'd like to revisit that funeral theme that was mentioned in the Dangerous Stuff pack. I'd actually like to be able to have funerals, instead of sims dropping dead and then the other sims wandering around the lot crying for days and it not mean much beyond that. Plus I love any reason to make my butler answer the door.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Good ideas.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    To fit your thread title...

Future Stuff Pack
    Be able to make your household look futuristic and have clothing as well that could look possibly future-ish. Especially being able to be an Astronaut, why not look like you time traveled to the future... lol
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited June 2017
    Dream house stuff pack - furniture , furniture, FURNITURE! More beds, more sofas, more kitchen cabinets, more wallpapers, more flooring, more doors , more windows, more build tools!!!!

and not a little skimpy pack either ....
  • RedlipshansoloRedlipshansolo Posts: 8 New Member
    Theres a backyard stuff pack, but landscaping or more architectural things would be cool

You can have your sim actualy design a house and take part in more in depth gardening. house designers, architects and landscapers, both careers and people you can hire. Give renovating a better feel
    paint splattered clothing, paint on the face, worn in looking clothes, worn down shoes, more "tradie" looking clothing options
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Those are some very imaginative ideas! I really like your Seedy, Early Ages, and House Party SPs ideas and would happily buy all 3 myself. I still hope that they don't completely abandon the Starter SP idea as I love building small starter houses for my legacies. :)
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    edited June 2017
    I really like all of your ideas. I would certainly buy all of those stuff packs.

Here are some of my ideas:

Man Cave Stuff, that adds lots of clothes and hairs for male Sims and boys and some ''typical'' man stuff (that female Sims are of course free to participate in) like watching sport events on television as a group (maybe even organize a party to watch the match of the week), a beer tap to have a nice cold drink, playing a racing game on a game station as a group and introducing soccer (that is, shooting goals with one Sim as keeper and the other trying to score).

Tea Party Stuff, that gives Sims the possibility to organize tea parties (or have a high tea), adds a new tea pot with the ability to create your own teas made with produce, a tea plant as new harvestable and for the kids a tea set so they can have their own 'pretend tea party'.

1001 Nights Stuff, an Arabian themed stuff pack that adds some Middle Eastern inspired clothing and furniture (and of course windows and doors), a belly dancing skill, a Middle Eastern music station and the ability to hire a belly dancer at a party as an entertainer.

Ambient Lighting Stuff, adds some new lamps and some romantic furniture and a candle maker, so Sims can make candles (choose color, shape and scent). Candles can influence the Sims' emotions depending on the scent (a weak, normal or strong scent) and/or shape (standard cylindrical, heart shaped, angry fist or bear shaped, happy flower shaped, energetic flame shaped, inspired music note shaped, concentrated light bulb shaped, etc.)
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yes!! Simmers like me definitely need the Man Cave SP. :)
  • CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    Old post, but I would like to add one more idea:

Grand Ball Stuff Pack
    Gameplay Element: Slow Dance or Waltzing Skill, the ability for sims to closely dance together, spin around etc., throw a Grand Ball event, Waltzer music station
    Build/Buy: Everything for a grand ball room, high end expensive furniture that looks classy and elegant, some stuff probably even antique, pillars, curtains, big chandeliers, stairs that go around (not spiral stairs, but stairs with a half platform in it).
    CAS: Tuxedos, big Ballgowns and the like, shiny shoes, cravats as a accessoire, earrings etc.

Comment: Yes, we had the Luxury Party Stuff Pack, but this was more modern with a lot of cold, etchy looking furniture. This pack would aim for a more classic, fairy tale vibe. It wouldn't be something I would play, but I think, it would be a great addition for all those, that have elaborate stories with rich people intrigues in it.