Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Friendly Laundry Suggestions?

Since Laundry won the question now is how do we make Laundry Eco Friendly?

I know a lot of people were asking how can laundry be eco friendly? Well since it won can we have suggestion on how it can be and also to help the devs a little

I looked online and for some suggestions I found a unique one making your own laundry detergent. I can see Sims doing that.

Making their own dryer sheets.

A washer and dryer combo.

Just throwing this one out there a portable washer (battery operated.) like let's say your camping in Outdoor Retreat you can just take that small one with you and wash and hang to dry.

Those are suggestions if anyone would like to add feel free.

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm really hoping they keep the wash basin and clothesline in the pack. I would also like an all-in-one unit that fits under the counter would be great for small houses. It wouldn't even require a new animation.

I know it's wishful thinking, but being able to reuse the grey water would be nice.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'm really hoping they keep the wash basin and clothesline in the pack. I would also like an all-in-one unit that fits under the counter would be great for small houses. It wouldn't even require a new animation.

I know it's wishful thinking, but being able to reuse the grey water would be nice.

Grey water I've heard about it what can it be used for?
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Flushing toilets and watering plants, mostly.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Flushing toilets and watering plants, mostly.

That's an suggestion.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    They could still add an option where if you have the laundry machines in your home you save a little on your bills because I dunno, energy efficiency points or something lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,587 Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, I don't know. How about all the people who voted for laundry answer that question? Cuz I wanna know as well.

In the survey, it said wash tubs, which I get is part of eco-living and saving electricity. But let's face it. How many of us will make our sims use that? The sims are probably gonna spend 3 sim hours washing their clothes by hand. XD

It will be much easier to make them to use the washing machine that would just work pretty much on their own like dishwashers. Therefore, kinda defeats the purpose of this pack. Of course, I'm not saying every simmer will make their sims use washing machines over wash tubs, but I'm just being a bit real here. I think most would choose washing machines and dryers. ;)
    Post edited by DeKay on
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    We could save all kinds of energy by having sims wash themselves in the washer with their clothes! Save all that shower water. Add a new type of death "Drowning in washer"
    And another one "Death by dryer"
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    We could save all kinds of energy by having sims wash themselves in the washer with their clothes! Save all that shower water. Add a new type of death "Drowning in washer"

I wanna drown myself in the washer right now after seeing the poll results. :D:D
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »

I wanna drown myself in the washer right now after seeing the poll results. :D:D

I almost tossed myself in the dryer and turned it on high heat.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

I actually don't have a dryer at home. I have a clothesline tho. Well, would you look at that? I'm eco-living! LOL.
    832XG3D.gif

I actually don't have a dryer at home. I have a clothesline tho. Well, would you look at that? I'm eco-living! LOL.

THE LIVING EMBODIMENT OF THIS STUFFPACK.
    It was destiny
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    And sorry to OP for I am kinda derailing the thread. I'm still kinda bitter about the results. But I seriously want to hear suggestions from Team Laundry. Where are they when you need them?
    832XG3D.gif
    And sorry to OP for I am kinda derailing the thread. I'm still kinda bitter about the results. But I seriously want to hear suggestions from Team Laundry. Where are they when you need them?

They can't figure out how to make it eco friendly, they're just happy its laundry XD
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Mmm, I don't mean to sound rude, and I don't want people to take this personally, but I think that ship - Eco Anything - has sailed.

Remember the story of Cinderella? Did you know that in the original story, one of the step sisters actually cut off her big toe to try to make the slipper fit. It still didn't work. I feel the same way about this. Laundry won. Let the stuff pack be about laundry. Call it something like Laundry Day, and forget trying to squeeze one thing into something that doesn't fit.

Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow, and come back with enthusiastic ideas, but right now I gotta go eat chocolate and pizza. Yes. Together.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Mmm, I don't mean to sound rude, and I don't want people to take this personally, but I think that ship - Eco Anything - has sailed.

Remember the story of Cinderella? Did you know that in the original story, one of the step sisters actually cut off her big toe to try to make the slipper fit. It still didn't work. I feel the same way about this. Laundry won. Let the stuff pack be about laundry. Call it something like Laundry Day, and forget trying to squeeze one thing into something that doesn't fit.

Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow, and come back with enthusiastic ideas, but right now I gotta go eat chocolate and pizza. Yes. Together.

You are very right. Eco goes out the door without solar panels. etc - now it's all about laundry in the country I guess.

Right now I don't care what they call it. My heart is not in it anymore. It's been a bad few days in real life, so this turn is rather fitting for me I guess.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »

You are very right. Eco goes out the door without solar panels. etc - now it all about laundry in the country I guess.

Right now I don't care what they call it. My heart is not in it anymore. It's been a bad few days in real life, so this turn is rather fitting for me I guess.

*Sending hugs*
    832XG3D.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Thanks DeKay. I can use them for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

It's fine I'm learning to ignore ones who derails a thread. No offense to you but the ones who tends to derail is always upset about something and I'm not going to feed into it.
    edited June 2017
    I looked more into grey water it can save a lot of water also not only would you get it from the laundry but also from tubs and sinks dishwasher and it helps your garden grow. You can also treat the grey water for both non vegetation and vegetation plants.

@SimGuruGraham I hope this is not to complicated to do I'm just making a sugesstion if that's okay. I really would like the Grey water to water the plants and vegetation and also making your own laundry detergent from like lavender plants fragrance etc. Also washer and dryers combo and under the counter washer and dryer I mean I never seen then before but they do sound interesting.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
    I looked more into grey water it can save a lot of water also not only would you get it from the laundry but also from tubs and sinks dishwasher and it helps your garden grow. You can also treat the grey water for both non vegetation and vegetation plants.

It would be cool if you could add fertilizers to it and then use it to water your harvestables on Sims 4, so that it accomplishes watering and fertilizing at the same time
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

It would be cool if you could add fertilizers to it and then use it to water your harvestables on Sims 4, so that it accomplishes watering and fertilizing at the same time

I mean you can fertalize when gardening is at a level five with other flowers, plants, herbs, fruits, vegetables, and fish. That might be a good idea.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Well front load washers use almost 50% less water than top load washers, and they are energy efficient. So that should factor in as well. Also, the majority of dryers today are also more energy efficient, using less than older models.

It would be nice if we got top load washers and front load washers that are HE friendly. And also the stack able washer and dryer combo. And I like the European washer that goes under the counters as well!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

Well front load washers use almost 50% less water than top load washers, and they are energy efficient. So that should factor in as well. Also, the majority of dryers today are also more energy efficient, using less than older models.

It would be nice if we got top load washers and front load washers that are HE friendly. And also the stack able washer and dryer combo. And I like the European washer that goes under the counters as well!

European washer that goes under the counter do you have a pic? I would like to see it I've never seen something like that. That sounds awesome.

I mean you can fertalize when gardening is at a level five with other flowers, plants, herbs, fruits, vegetables, and fish. That might be a good idea.

Exactly. I hate doing both steps lmao When I have huuuuge gardens where I have to get my family doing it in order to get it done in less than a sim work day being able to eliminate the fertilizing step would save me a whole whack of time hahaha
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I mentioned grey water treatment way back in this thread I posted: Ecological Living, a pic thread for inspiration

Reducing BILLS, water, and power:

yunArDa.jpg

Of course, it doesn't rain in Sims 4 yet, but I'd still like water tanks - even if they're just deco at this stage.

If they can be functional (maybe we'll get season before this stuff pack? :)B) ) I would like some upgrade options to water tanks:

1. Connect to washing machine: this would mean that the washing machine uses rain water instead of water pumped from town.
    2. Install filter system: this would mean that washing machine grey water is collected, filtered and can be used in WATER SPRINKLERS in the harvest garden.

...snip

GuruGraham did read it, cause he replied to that thread. So using grey water is something he may have considered. I have family in real life who don't use town water, and rely completely on rain water tanks to do both their drinking and their laundry. They have a septic toilet that filters out onto their citrus trees. They have a massive orchard, and a vege garden, and have never run out of water, even though where they live in Australia doesn't get much rain.

Eventually, I would love to have a rain water tank that collects water, with objects we can tie to all water facilities - toilets, laundry, showering etc as well as connecting it to sprinkler systems.

One thing I would love to see included in this laundry stuff pack, is the Save the Trees LOGO from City Life be added to detergent bottles and boxes. Hopefully we'll get to see the sims put detergent in the machines and sinks, so it would be fun to tie this gameplay feature together.
    jnm6vsJ.jpg