Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@TeamLaundry

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited June 2017
    Druscylla wrote: »
    I just do not get the laundry obsession LOL I mean congratulations but I feel it doesn't add much in terms of game play like the other aspects. But to each their own.

1. For builders and decorators, it means a whole new room to build and decorate.

2. Maids and butlers will actually have something to do

3. Family players will use them constantly, and it gives stay-at-home parents/grandparents more to do while kids and spouses are at work.

The second one is very true. My butler does far too much fake cleaning for how much I pay him lmao

how can you have your sims raise skills if you ask a butler to do everything i acutaly stop hiring one i clearly do not went any of my sims to be lazy doing nothingnot every players plays the same after all

I never said all players play the same, quit acting like I need to play the same way you do. You're a middle aged man for crying out loud. Learn boundaries. I know you've probably got some disability that makes it impossible for you but do try.

That is not acceptable to say to anyone, I don't care who you are. I'm a 35 year old female. There are MANY older players. I was 17 when Sims 1 came out, and I've been playing for 17+ years. The day I stop having fun is the day I die.

You may not like someone for their personality or their interests and that's okay. But bringing up age or developmental issues is not okay. You would do well to know your own boundaries.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2017
    I just do not get the laundry obsession LOL I mean congratulations but I feel it doesn't add much in terms of game play like the other aspects. But to each their own.

1. For builders and decorators, it means a whole new room to build and decorate.

3. Family players will use them constantly, and it gives stay-at-home parents/grandparents more to do while kids and spouses are at work.

The second one is very true. My butler does far too much fake cleaning for how much I pay him lmao

how can you have your sims raise skills if you ask a butler to do everything i acutaly stop hiring one i clearly do not went any of my sims to be lazy doing nothingnot every players plays the same after all

I never said all players play the same, quit acting like I need to play the same way you do. You're a middle aged man for crying out loud. Learn boundaries. I know you've probably got some disability that makes it impossible for you but do try.

That is not acceptable to say to anyone, I don't care who you are. I'm a 35 year old female. There are MANY older players. I was 17 when Sims 1 came out, and I've been playing for 17+ years. The day I stop having fun is the day I die.

You may not like someone for their personality or their interests and that's okay. But bringing up age or developmental issues is not okay. You would do well to know your own boundaries.

I'm even older and also think that what was written was unacceptable and against forum rules. I, for one, don't know the age or condition of the person written about. Just imagine, if you will, when you post that that person might, in future, be the person interviewing you for a job you want desperately and act accordingly.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2017

Naw sorry, if I have to be responsible for the things I say and do so does he. A 44 year old man should know better. No excuses. It's not about his interests whatsoever. I'm going to call out his behavior like you're calling out mine.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member

You guys need to stop acting like you're peoples moms. If you're going to call out @somethingstellar for their behavior, then you need to call out the other guy too. He's not exactly been the friendliest.

Everybody just needs to chill.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

Naw sorry, if I have to be responsible for the things I say and do so does he. A 44 year old man should know better. No excuses. It's not about his interests whatsoever. I'm going to call out his behavior like you're calling out mine.

According to certain sources, those are quite questionable. :flushed:
    Simanite wrote: »

According to certain sources, those are quite questionable. :flushed:

I think I have an inkling but I'll shut up now. I'm already in enough trouble. :neutral:
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

You guys need to stop acting like you're peoples moms. If you're going to call out @somethingstellar for their behavior, then you need to call out the other guy too. He's not exactly been the friendliest.

Friendlysimmers has not personally attacked anyone by age or mental capacity. Therein lies the difference. You might find him annoying, but he hasn't crossed that line. Those are the forum rules, so I don't even need to Mom you. You all should know better.

Now go to your rooms before I give you something to cry about. :D

Friendlysimmers has not personally attacked anyone by age or mental capacity. Therein lies the difference. You might find him annoying, but he hasn't crossed that line. Those are the forum rules, so I don't even need to Mom you. You all should know better.

Already there :D Simming from bed is the best
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

#HaventDoneAnythingWrong
    I'd be simming from my bed but it's so much easier to keep my coffee on the counter.
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    OK now to make Eco Friendly Laundry Ideas.

I did research

Natural Detergent and Stain Removers they tend to be free from Chloride Bleach, Synthetic Fragrance and Dyes. They are often specially formulated to perform well in cold water.

Non Chlorine Bleach.

Eco Friendly dryer sheets. I need more research on this.

Hang the clothes out to dry.

Make your own Laundry Detergent.

A washer dryer combo

Detergentless washer. Need more research on this as well.

Heat pump dryer. Need more Research

Condensing Dryer. Need More research.

I especially like the making your own detergent I can really see Sims doing this being eco-friendly but also creative.

What do you all think? @KatyJay88 @friendlysimmers @Simanite

IDK if making detergent is necessary, there's a brand called Arm and Hammer and it's just baking soda...it does a very good job of washing your clothes.

#HaventDoneAnythingWrong
    I'd be simming from my bed but it's so much easier to keep my coffee on the counter.

I don't know how any of you sim lying down. That's uncomfortable. I prefer to sim in my home office. But unfortunately, I'm stuck in my work office for another hour.

#HaventDoneAnythingWrong

I don't know how any of you sim lying down. That's uncomfortable. I prefer to sim in my home office. But unfortunately, I'm stuck in my work office for another hour.

Lying on my back is best. When I sit for too long my spine feels all weird and hunched and I'm coooonstantly shifting trying to find a comfy position, and then I start obsessing about my posture, and when I lay down if I do it on my side my arms fall asleep. So back it is! lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Congrats again to those laundry fanatics out there. Can I at least hope for death by washer or dryer. Bubble overflow? Death by dirt? We'll see how it goes anyway :).
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Congrats again to those laundry fanatics out there. Can I at least hope for death by washer or dryer. Bubble overflow? Death by dirt? We'll see how it goes anyway :).

Death by dirt would be amazing lmao like if your place could get so dirty they eventually died from it. We could pretend it was disease that got them or something. Unless they're slob sims of course then the more it looks like a hoarder house the happier they can be!
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

Death by dirt would be amazing lmao like if your place could get so dirty they eventually died from it. We could pretend it was disease that got them or something. Unless they're slob sims of course then the more it looks like a hoarder house the happier they can be!

The Plumbob Plague. I can see it now.

#HaventDoneAnythingWrong

Lying on my back is best. When I sit for too long my spine feels all weird and hunched and I'm coooonstantly shifting trying to find a comfy position, and then I start obsessing about my posture, and when I lay down if I do it on my side my arms fall asleep. So back it is! lmao

Ok but where is the screen?! Like a laptop on your chest or what? Lol

edited June 2017

#HaventDoneAnythingWrong

Ok but where is the screen?! Like a laptop on your chest or what? Lol

I have this tray thingy so I put my laptop on the tray and then put the tray over my legs :) Sometimes on my stomach but usually leg area. I have a chordless mouse so its easy as pie. I am the ultimate lazy Sim. And because its on the tray sometimes I can put it on the bed beside me and it won't over heat
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »

I did research

Natural Detergent and Stain Removers they tend to be free from Chloride Bleach, Synthetic Fragrance and Dyes. They are often specially formulated to perform well in cold water.

Non Chlorine Bleach.

A washer dryer combo

I especially like the making your own detergent I can really see Sims doing this being eco-friendly but also creative.

IDK if making detergent is necessary, there's a brand called Arm and Hammer and it's just baking soda...it does a very good job of washing your clothes.

Yeah but its Eco friendly also its a gain for a creative sim creative skills by making their own detergent especially for fragrance using lavender flowers and etc...
    edited June 2017
    agent_bev wrote: »

I did research

Non Chlorine Bleach.

A washer dryer combo

Yeah but its Eco friendly also its a gain for a creative sim creative skills by making their own detergent especially for fragrance using lavender flowers and etc...

We desperately need craftables for flowers. I would love it if not only they would introduce flower arranging, but also making essential oils that you can add to other craftables, like soaps and candles. And the essential oils could inspire different moods depending on the scent when the candle is on
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    LOL at the brick in the machine. But we did do it! So happy. Just wish we were getting this GP much, much sooner!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

lol Your sim could get crushed by a run away washer. :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

lol Your sim could get crushed by a run away washer. :D

Aaaaahahahahaha
    I think it was my dryer that would always go for a wander
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Um... friendlysimmer spams threads, constantly. She copy pastes everything over and over. She derails threads all the time with laundry comments... since the came out. So yeah, maybe she hasn't personally attacked people, but she has broken several rules.
    21mbz47.jpg
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Um... friendlysimmer spams threads, constantly. She copy pastes everything over and over. She derails threads all the time with laundry comments... since the came out. So yeah, maybe she hasn't personally attacked people, but she has broken several rules.

Look, I'm not saying there is no wrongdoing on friendlysimmers' side, but it comes down to basic respect. Talking about someone's age/race/gender/orientation is where the boundary should be. That is a very low blow, and completely uncalled for. Criticizing the behavior is perfectly fine. Criticizing the actual person is not.

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Look, I'm not saying there is no wrongdoing on friendlysimmers' side, but it comes down to basic respect. Talking about someone's age/race/gender/orientation is where the boundary should be. That is a very low blow, and completely uncalled for. Criticizing the behavior is perfectly fine. Criticizing the actual person is not.

Well I agree. But, in this case this particular simmer has a personality that really gets to people. I swear ive seen several threads from her about laundry since 2014, not even kidding. I saw her copy pasting the exact same thing in every single thread. Telling people to vote for laundry. I don't know. I'm just really annoyed at this point. I dont knoew her age or gender, but i do know she tends to spam threads every time she doesnt get what she wants.
    21mbz47.jpg