Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 Family Upload

lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
So, I reinstalled my Sims 2 games and I wanted to know how to upload my family here on the forums with pics. Is there a way?

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Upload as in put them up for people to download into their games?

If so, then I would say do not work towards doing this. It will CORRUPT the neighborhood they were in originally and corrupt the neighborhoods that they are placed into.

If you mean just the pictures of them and go over what happened to them, then you upload the pictures to a site like photobucket or imgur or whatever and post the share link here.
  • lizeid87lizeid87 Posts: 446 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

If so, then I would say do not work towards doing this. It will CORRUPT the neighborhood they were in originally and corrupt the neighborhoods that they are placed into.

If you mean just the pictures of them and go over what happened to them, then you upload the pictures to a site like photobucket or imgur or whatever and post the share link here.

Aww booo, yea I meant upload for people to download. Guess I'll figure out photobucket to post pics at least. Thanks for that! :smiley:
    edited June 2017
    lizeid87 wrote: »

Aww booo, yea I meant upload for people to download. Guess I'll figure out photobucket to post pics at least. Thanks for that! :smiley:
    lizeid87 wrote: »

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    The following folder:

Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N###/Storytelling/pictures here.

Make sure you grab the snapshot version and not the thumbnail version. You may find it best to sort by Date Modified due to how EA thought the naming scheme of the pictures should be.

file name will be something like: snapshot_1a45de87_1dc40988.jpg

The 1a45de87 part indicates what lot, the 1dc40988 is the individual picture.
    The following folder:

Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N###/Storytelling/pictures here.

Make sure you grab the snapshot version and not the thumbnail version. You may find it best to sort by Date Modified due to how EA thought the naming scheme of the pictures should be.

file name will be something like: snapshot_1a45de87_1dc40988.jpg

The 1a45de87 part indicates what lot, the 1dc40988 is the individual picture.

Yea I figured it out but thanks so much for your help! I'm trying to create something. I wish the sims 2 website was still around. I miss creating stories, I know you could on the sims 3 but it's not the same, it's a pain in the rear.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    You can package the sims individually in bodyshop if you made them there, or if you know how to work SimPE, and give people a list of their personality, aspiration, etc. This is how sims 2 people always shared sims, though there are certain things (interests, for example) that just don't carry over.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    You can package the sims individually in bodyshop if you made them there, or if you know how to work SimPE, and give people a list of their personality, aspiration, etc. This is how sims 2 people always shared sims, though there are certain things (interests, for example) that just don't carry over.

Yea that just seems too complicated. I'm trying to recreate them in TS3 so it's easier on everyone and maybe the idea behind what I'm trying to create would follow smoothly.