Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• Options
    epohjul17epohjul17 Posts: 11 New Member
    While I voted for laundry I do think the off the grid and the jarring stuff should be all put together in an expansion pack along with animals and other farm like things to expand on laundry and make the game have a more country living style. So far most packs are very technology oriented and don't get me wrong I love that. But if I wanted to play sims the way I would realistically I would have a country home with laundry and I'd have chickens and all sorts of pets and I'd probably be making honey or maple syrup or major jam.
  • Options
    epohjul17epohjul17 Posts: 11 New Member
    Also carbon conscious would be included. Laundry doesn't need the eco loving title. It needs like home chores as a title. There's just not enough in there to call it eco living. Eco living should be a game pack or an expansion.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Can we Have the rest of the idea's in later Packs? Pleaseeeee! I was hoping for more game play that didn't have us making the sims pick up the laundry all day around the lot! :(

I have a petition in my signature for just such a thing if you're interested in signing it
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    Maybe they could call this Domestic Stuff now.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    "work writing full designs for Washers, Dryers, Clotheslines, Wash Tubs, and Hampers."

This means that we will be getting both washers and dryers, along with clotheslines, wash tubs, and hampers? Like it's not one or the other, it will be all of them, so that everyone gets to play with how they want their sims to clean their clothes?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    "work writing full designs for Washers, Dryers, Clotheslines, Wash Tubs, and Hampers."

This means that we will be getting both washers and dryers, along with clotheslines, wash tubs, and hampers? Like it's not one or the other, it will be all of them, so that everyone gets to play with how they want their sims to clean their clothes?

It would be super pointless for me if all we got was the scrubbing one :( Without off-the-grid as motivation I'd basically have one or two families once in awhile who'd use it.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

That's the way I'm reading it, and I really hope they don't sacrifice any of it. I have a church/orphanage/homeless shelter that could use the old washbasin and clothesline.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member

That's the way I'm reading it, and I really hope they don't sacrifice any of it. I have a church/orphanage/homeless shelter that could use the old washbasin and clothesline.

imagine if @SimGuruGraham decided to suprise us by squizzing in wringer washers would fit perfectly for your church/orphanage/homeless gameplay
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options

imagine if @SimGuruGraham decided to suprise us by squizzing in wringer washers would fit perfectly for your church/orphanage/homeless gameplay

I would squeal with delight. My first obstacle is that they said laundry was only on home lots (I believe). My church is a public lot. The caretaker (which is my profile pic) "works" at the public lot. She adopted the children who now live there. Patrons "tithe" to the church by tipping her when she plays the organ. The money is given to children that age up and start their adult lives with $0 (they WERE orphans after all.)

So, unless they make a lot trait to allow laundry on community lots, or tie dirty clothes to placing a hamper, I'll need to pester the modding community to make laundry spawn there.

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I'm happy laundry won. Just like everyone else I hate doing laundry in real life, but I really enjoy having little chores for my sims to do. It makes the game feel more realistic to me. The other options could have also been fun, but for me they were all more niche things that wouldn't have gotten used very often, wheras laundry is something I could use with any type of sim or family.

It's definitly not the first thing that comes to mind when you think eco living, and I do think it was odd that they threw laundry is as one of the concepts that eco living could encompass. Laundry is probably the only reason that theme won in the first place. I know it's why I voted eco living. During that inital vote I almost put eco as my last pace choice, but when I looked closer and saw laundry I voted it higher. It is a shame for those who voted for eco living because they actually wanted eco living though.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I guess I'll need to add a laundromat to San Myshuno for my Sims that don't have any room for a washer/dryer.

@SimGuruGraham Please consider making a stackable washer/dryer in addition to the separate ones. It can save a lot of space for Sims w/ limited space.

You can get all-in-one washer/dryers that look like front-loaders.

These examples are new, but 2-in-1/combo washer/dryers have been around for more than a decade (in the UK, at least):

http://www.lg.com/us/washer-dryer-combos/lg-WM3488HS-front-load-washer
    http://laundry.reviewed.com/news/this-magic-washing-machine-also-dries-clothes-and-orders-detergent

@EmmaVane That's pretty cool! I haven't seen any in the houses in the US, so I'm not sure if ppl here have them too. I've seen those kind of all in one washers on shows based in the UK. That's another great option.

@SimGuruGraham
  • Options
    When I posted about laundry in the idea forums, I called it the Homemaker pack, but of course, that title isn't PC enough. I think they struggled to find an appropriately named theme for it, so it was just called Eco and grouped with other things for the home.

One of my suggestions here on this forum was volunteering, and lo and behold, it was introduced in the Parenthood pack. So I wouldn't doubt many ideas generated from this experience might find their way into future packs.

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think it's safe to say laundry was the reason eco living won. The pack could have been called Cull all the puppies and it still would have got voted for as long as laundry was mentioned in the description.

• Options
    When I posted about laundry in the idea forums, I called it the Homemaker pack, but of course, that title isn't PC enough. I think they struggled to find an appropriately named theme for it, so it was just called Eco and grouped with other things for the home.

One of my suggestions here on this forum was volunteering, and lo and behold, it was introduced in the Parenthood pack. So I wouldn't doubt many ideas generated from this experience might find their way into future packs.

I don't get whats not PC about homemaker. Anyone of any gender can be a maker of the home. Its not like its Homewoman lmao Oh PC culture.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Sims 3 laundry (Ambitions) included cheap and modern washers and dryers. It also came with a laundrymat. It had clotheslines, but if I remember correctly it didn't have hand washing. It had hampers that had to be placed everywhere, and piles of dirty clothes.
    Based on the art style, this pack probably will only have one style of washers and dryers that resemble something from the 1970's courtesy of @friendlysimmers posted in every thread. No laundrymat. According to the blurb from the vote, hand washing clothes will take sims longer to do. So if a single sim, with NO distractions (tv, radio) currently takes 2-3 sim hours to eat a plate of food, how long will hand washing laundry take? 6 hours to wash, 2 hours to hang them on a clothesline, and another 2 hours to remove them from the clothesline?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @SageRainWillow if you look in my thread here i posted a picture of a wringer washer with a side wash tub for rinsing clothes http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915578/post-pictures-of-washers-and-dryers-you-would-love-to-see-in-the-eco-stuffpack-clothes-line-included/p1 i am also hoping that @SimGuruGraham will use some of these pictures as base when it comes to actualy designing them for the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options

I don't get whats not PC about homemaker. Anyone of any gender can be a maker of the home. Its not like its Homewoman lmao Oh PC culture.

Oh, we had someone come on my thread and tell me women have come too far to be called homemakers. Me and several other people made the rebuttal that 1.) Homemaker is not a dirty word and 2.) Not all homemakers are female.

I have a lot of stay-at-home Dads in the game.

• Options

Oh, we had someone come on my thread and tell me women have come too far to be called homemakers. Me and several other people made the rebuttal that 1.) Homemaker is not a dirty word and 2.) Not all homemakers are female.

Ooooh. The people who look for excuses to be outraged and project their issues on to everybody else lmao They're everywhere. Can't even escape them here
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    MyflowerpaletteMyflowerpalette Posts: 2 New Member
    Honestly I think that laundry is great,
    I personally wanted it in the game.. BUT I think that laundry, would be a better fit in parenthood for example.
    I would much rather have seen off the grid,
    since in my opinion, it fits the pack much better.
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

I only said back then the pack should be called domestic duties with all the talk of laundry and vacuuming because it reminded me of something from the 1950's or stepford wives, lol. And I thought you forgave me?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @SageRainWillow if you look in my thread here i posted a picture of a wringer washer with a side wash tub for rinsing clothes http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915578/post-pictures-of-washers-and-dryers-you-would-love-to-see-in-the-eco-stuffpack-clothes-line-included/p1 i am also hoping that @SimGuruGraham will use some of these pictures as base when it comes to actualy designing them for the game

Yep, I love that thread of yours. But I do understand that every variety means they have to spread out their animations. They can only do so much in an SP. so if we are already getting hampers, washers, dryers, clothes lines, and wash tubs, I think I'd like to see if they could possibly squeeze in ironing boards. Might not be feasible, but it's something we've never had.

• Options
    When work starts on TS5 I hope that the devs remember that not everyone plays family, housework and everyday things. There is a large section of players that are being completely overlooked.

When they make 5 I hope they put most of the homemaking stuff in base game. Like the basic stuff you would find in any home. Because the expansions are going to have to be super exciting to convince me to repeat this whole spending and acquiring process all over again a fifth time.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    When work starts on TS5 I hope that the devs remember that not everyone plays family, housework and everyday things. There is a large section of players that are being completely overlooked.

Personally, I'd like to see more hobbies added to the game. What is it you feel is missing?

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Graham edited his post to remove ironing boards and add hampers, I guess we aren't getting ironing. :cry:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top