Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Meh.. I was hoping for more game play rather than laundry. At least it's not a dish washing pack... >>;
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Can we Have the rest of the idea's in later Packs? Pleaseeeee! I was hoping for more game play that didn't have us making the sims pick up the laundry all day around the lot! :(
  • naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    im disappointed but i still want the pack. I wanted laundry in the game but i dont think it fits with an eco pack unless you only give us washtubs and clotheslines. i think washer and dryers should come in the update before the pack so everyone can have them in their game. And i am with everyone else dont just throw the other ideas out, please make them available in other packs. Like maybe a farming pack with carbon conscious and off the grid or something like that.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    Meh.. I was hoping for more game play rather than laundry. At least it's not a dish washing pack... >>;

Don't give them ideas.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Can't you just give us a promise for adding the laundry feature later in the game and work on off the grid feature now just for the sake of this pack?
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Furkean wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham Can't you just give us a promise for adding the laundry feature later in the game and work on off the grid feature now just for the sake of this pack?

Do you really expect them to do a complete about-face and have them work on what didn't win?

Really, people?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• ScaryMonsterScaryMonster Posts: 17 Member
    I was personally part of "Team Food Preserves" myself and don't *quite* understand the appeal of laundry, but I have faith that the Gurus will be able to make it a fun addition to the game... I just hope that we get more out of it than a +1 Happy "Clean Clothes" moodlet or something when all of the laundry is washed and dried.

Also, there should totally be the option for Sims with high mischief skill to put too much soap in the washing machine so that it spews bubbles everywhere.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @SimGuruGraham know what would be awesome? An indoor clothes airer/clothes horse - this would work for apartments and houses without gardens big enough for a line, who didn't want a dryer. You could reuse the animation from the clothes line!

1974965-clothesairer-sq-f2.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Furkean wrote: »

can't you accept what has won @Furkean this is what i call a sore loser the poll results mention that laundry is the winner it was even confirm by simguruGraham himself and i also agree with what @SageRainWillow is saying the winner is laundry not off the grid @Furkean so don't be a sore loser and also read this thread to see the number of how many players that ask for laundry to return to the game. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899024/major-update-laundry-is-in-352-sigs-raise-your-voice-for-laundry-no-seriously#latest
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Kstacksss24Kstacksss24 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm disappointed. We have had laundry before, I was hoping we'd get something new and exciting, like off the grid. please, eventually include off the grid to another game pack or expansion. It is a very good idea, and I'd hate for it to go to waste.
    now the packs not even going to be eco-living. ITS JUST GOING TO BE A LAUNDRY PACK WITH CLUTTER OBJECTS AND CLOTHES THROWN IN.
    why can't we have ALL the gameplay features in ONE EXPANSION PACK?
    |
    I really want off the grid and carbon conscious uuuggghhhh
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Ha ha, now EA will have a tough job on how to make laundry machines fit in with echo living. Oh I love it I really do, but to me two objects that match the pack theme is the only place laundry fits with eco living, now that the community got what they want, can we as kids search the machine fore loose change, that would make the machines more eco living.

Oh, here is some of the saying on buy mode:
    Washer,
    This machine was created by recycled servo parts.

Dryer,
    This machine was created by recycled plumbot parts.

Washtub,
    Too poor for a real washer, you can always use a washtub recycled from the finest bathtubs.
    clothlines,
    Too, poor for a dryer close line are ideal unless its rainy or the wind is blowing too hard.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I wonder how many players even partcipated in the voting, and how many of them put a thought into this, not went just "Oh, laundry! Shiny!". Don't get me wrong, I believe that there are people who have good reasons to want laundry in this particular stuff pack. But I saw quite often people wanting laundry just because it's laundry. It could be fun, but it'd fit another theme more, in my opinion.
    I feel we'd get laundry anyway at some point. I hope we still have chance to see Off the Grid and Perserving Food features in the future.

Only reason I personally voted for laundry was because sure off the grid was my number one choice but not as a stuff pack. Stuff packs are so limited. If this was a game pack then off the grid would of won. Adding 3 or 4 items to a lot that makes it feel like your living off the land is great but after a while you'd run into "we need more than just this" there is so much you can do with the off the grid pack that the stuff pack team would not beable to pull off.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Laundromats, thats the solution. You know like how apartments were implemented?

In an eco friendly world sim family should not be allowed to have sets of fancy automatic laundry machines, its not eco friendly. No, they must go to the EcoMattic where they wait in line tying to get a freed up washer/dryer, and hope that some mean sim doesnt come pour bleach in their wash/dry. Also, the machines tend to break a lot, but you cant fix them because they dont belong to you, you will just have to wait until the next day, where you will schlep back to the EcoMattic and try once again to get your clothes clean before work/school.

Or you can spend 6 hours washing them by hand in a tub at home and waiting for them to dry on a line. (and hope no birds come for a fly by friendly eco fertilizing session)
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • MamaCynMamaCyn Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm so disappointed, borderline mad. Out off all of the options the least eco was the laundry and the off the grid would have brought such dimension to the game. Seems like people were so blinded by their need to have laundry that they didn't even think it threw. I was actually excited for this pack, now I'm just disappointed.
    If off the grid, and even the other options still come to the game at one point, then no harm no foul.
  • MamaCynMamaCyn Posts: 2 New Member
    If you guys even consider suggestions, I've been wanted to bring up bringing back witches for a while now.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    That'll be another pack I won't have to think about.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    I remember that they reacted quite flexible to the clothing and objects vote. Maybe they'll do the same here and put nr 1 and 2 in the pack...? I wouldn't mind at all. ;)

@SimGuruGraham It would be great if the team could at least think about this. :)
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Oh well, I expected this result. I'm not interested in laundry, so if I buy this pack it will be for the CAS and build/buy.

I hope they use the Off the grid and Food preservation ideas in a future Farming EP along with more harvestables, farm animals and farmers markets so we can have a full experience with eco game play that actually makes a difference and is fun.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @Tomatplante there is a link to a petition in my signature to have the other features used in a GP.
  • epohjul17epohjul17 Posts: 11 New Member
    Can we get some actual movements for taking on and off clothes. And then see the sim go to the hamper with some clothes in hand? Maybe even see them move in movements similar to taking shoes, shirts and pants off?
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Oh well, I expected this result. I'm not interested in laundry, so if I buy this pack it will be for the CAS and build/buy.

I hope they use the Off the grid and Food preservation ideas in a future Farming EP along with more harvestables, farm animals and farmers markets so we can have a full experience with eco game play that actually makes a difference and is fun.

Yeeees, sign the peeetition! You know you waaaant tooooo!
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • DebriskaDebriska Posts: 5 New Member
    Please if possible make it so the clothes remain dirty (in our planned outfits) even if the sim bathes so they can complain about wearing dirty clothes. That would give us a reason to wash the clothes.e.g if they pee in their pants then that outfit will have pee in it but it will remain as a wearable outfit by the sim that needs to be washed so the sim can choose to wash it.
    Showering with their clothes on could be a cool option too :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top