March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Hello Simmers! Let's get right to it...

Laundry is the winning group of gameplay features that we'll create for this upcoming Stuff Pack, after capturing the most votes from this community! In fact, when we examined the outcome across the different regions that voted, the results were almost entirely aligned. Nearly everyone voted for the options in the following order...
  1. Laundry
  2. Off the Grid
  3. Food Preserves
  4. Carbon Conscious

The only exception to this result came from players in Russia, where Food Preserves swapped places with Off the Grid by a slim margin.

With these results in hand, we have a clear path forward for this pack. In the coming weeks our Stuff Pack designer will get to work writing full designs for Washers, Dryers, Clotheslines, Wash Tubs, and Hampers. I'm looking forward to sharing those full designs with you, so that we can collaborate on the little details which are so important to creating a fun - and full - Sims experience.

You also have two more votes to look forward to, now with concrete dates on when they will occur. The Pack Icon Vote will start on September 6th, followed by the Pack Title Vote starting September 13th, where we will select the final name for this Stuff Pack.

In the meantime, watch for more in-depth looks into game development right here on this forum. In the coming weeks I'll be sharing more art, showing off the hairstyles that will come with this pack, discussing the process we follow internally to get from the initial brainstorm to the feature groups you voted on, and more!

Edit: To help clarify the edit to this post... This message originally mentioned Ironing Boards, and mistakenly excluded Hampers. I've edited the original post to better represent what's coming in this pack. Our first priority is to deliver the features that were mentioned in the Feature Vote survey. While we're interested in including Ironing Boards, it remains to be seen if they'll fit in the pack.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2017
    Laundry won? Whew. With all the discussions it feels like we've been put through the wringer.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to give our two cents on the creation of this pack, SimGuruGraham.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,937 Member
    I was worried that laundry was going to lose. I'm happy it won.
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    edited June 2017
    So DeservedCriticism was right on which of these would win.. again. So we will never ever get the others options, even the shadow of them? =/
    But ok, congrats for who wanted laundry to be in this pack, I'm enjoying participate here anyway, thanks for let us vote. :)
    Post edited by szMermaid on
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited June 2017
    do a happy dance and @SimGuruGraham your welcome to use any of the pictures i posted in this thread https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915578/post-pictures-of-washers-and-dryers-you-would-love-to-see-in-the-eco-stuffpack-clothes-line-included/p1 as refrence as well as other members who posted some
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    So happy that laundry won! I voted for laundry! yay, thanks SGG!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    do a happy dance and @SimGuruGraham your welcome to use any of the pictures i posted in this thread https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915578/post-pictures-of-washers-and-dryers-you-would-love-to-see-in-the-eco-stuffpack-clothes-line-included/p1 as refrence as well as other members who posted some

Ummmm they better have things a lot nicer than the hideous heaps of junk in those pictures

the pictures are only refreance or ideas for design it do not mean they will look like this
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Well, Laundry was my 3rd choice and I hate to see Food Preserves and Off The Grid placed in the trash heap. I sure hope they do something with them. But to all those who wanted Laundry..., congratulations! I'm sure we'll all find ways to incorporate the chore of clean clothing into our game and have a lot of fun doing it!
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm very happy with this, but I do agree that I'd like to see these other ideas featured down the road (especially canning!)
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Pretty meh but well, whatever now.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    *sigh* Not sure if I'm even going to by this pack anymore.

Before the vote I thought "I'll get it no matter what, even if laundry wins"
    But now that I think about it, I don't want to encourage EA pulling this nonsense again when it should have been put in the Parenthood pack or another pack instead of shafting new features for it. So while I've bought every pack so far just for the sake of having them, I'll skip this one on principle and hope the others are cooler. If anything else I can hope its one of the lowest selling packs in the series.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    That's almost a landslide victory, all except for Russia having it in 2nd place. I guess there's a lot of people wanting the return of laundry worldwide.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    [quote="somethingstellar;c-15860524"][quote="gummybear0724;c-15860516"]*sigh* Not sure if I'm even going to by this pack anymore.[/quote]

Before the vote I thought "I'll get it no matter what, even if laundry wins"
    But now that I think about it, I don't want to encourage EA pulling this nonsense again when it should have been put in the Parenthood pack or another pack instead of shafting new features for it. So while I've bought every pack so far just for the sake of having them, I'll skip this one on principle and hope the others are cooler.[/quote]

That's what I thought too, but now I am definitely thinking about it. They use a hyped up gameplay feature amongst a bunch of features that had almost no current demand. Like I have stated once, I'm sure they did exactly this knowing players would pick it, giving them an excuse to make you pay for it instead of giving it out for free.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top