Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get this garage door to sit on the ground instead of popping up on top of the foundation?

Hey, I watching a speed build on youtube by xurbansimsx and I'm building the same house in my game game by fallowing along with her. Here is the video and the part with the garage door is at the timestanp of 0.24 and when she places the garage door it sits on the ground. When I go to place that it just pops up on top of the foundation. I tried with the moveobjects cheat on but it still did that. Oh, that garage door is actually cc and she listed the site in the description when you can download it. Please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I have worked around this by using the MOO cheat to place the garage door first, and then building the foundation over it.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    If that doesn't work put it in the basement and raise it ising moo.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Where is the video?
  • Timoth26Timoth26 Posts: 412 Member
    I forgot to link the video sorry. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LknMopZKLjk
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I don't know and I'm not going to try it cuz I don't use CC.
    But if you really can't do it any other way, then maybe just try to not use the foundation at all and just improvise the front door/porch bit.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Or you can just not use MOO or a CC door but use a roof piece as a ramp.
    tumblr_or0ki37GA51v8k7elo1_1280.png
    It probably looks the nicest with a low foundation, or else you'd end up with a rather steep ramp.

THAT IS SO CLEVER OMG.
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    It probably looks the nicest with a low foundation, or else you'd end up with a rather steep ramp.

WOW!! I never would have thought of that! Brilliant!! :smiley:
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member

Wow, doing that never even occurred to me! What a clever idea.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Are garage doors functional?
    @AmySims09 wrote: »

The garage door MDianaSianders posted looks like the one from City Living. They're not functional as doors but your sims use them as an area to spray paint/graffiti.
    832XG3D.gif
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

The garage door MDianaSianders posted looks like the one from City Living. They're not functional as doors but your sims use them as an area to spray paint/graffiti.

Ohh kk.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

Does that mean sims might just come up and start spray painting your garage, or do they not work that way on a residential lot?
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • TreleifinTreleifin Posts: 39 Member
    I really like the roof as a ramp advice. Awesome job!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    joleaco wrote: »

Does that mean sims might just come up and start spray painting your garage, or do they not work that way on a residential lot?

@joleaco I have played this lot for some time and only my own Sims have painted the garage doors because I directed them to do so. So, they'll probably stay clean.

Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr

@joleaco I have played this lot for some time and only my own Sims have painted the garage doors because I directed them to do so. So, they'll probably stay clean.

Thanks. That's sort of good, it's good because you don't have to clean it, but it would have been a great opportunity for mischievous sims to annoy the heck out of their neighbors by defacing their house every now and then. >:)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1

Thanks. That's sort of good, it's good because you don't have to clean it, but it would have been a great opportunity for mischievous sims to annoy the heck out of their neighbors by defacing their house every now and then. >:)

Yeah, like what MDianaSanders said. My sims usually don't autonomously start spray painting, or at least I don't think they would, but my sims also have other more fun things to do at home. :D
    832XG3D.gif
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    This thread has really reminded me of one of many wishes for the Sims4; a Vehicle&Travel pack!!!!!!

Yeah, like what MDianaSanders said. My sims usually don't autonomously start spray painting, or at least I don't think they would, but my sims also have other more fun things to do at home. :D

I was thinking about other sims (walk bys etc) randomly spray painting, like they do in San Myshuno on the ground. Residential lots probably work differently though when it comes to those items.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2017
    @MDianaSanders I wish I had thought of that! Now I'm going to update some of my builds to try it out.

In a city you get a lot of gratuitous graffitti on any surface available anyway so the use of the CL item is quite realistic to me. At least it will be more artistic than some we have here. :)
  • brujah236brujah236 Posts: 14 New Member
    Hey guys, randomly happened upon this thread and guess what... I created a functional conversion from S3 to S4 of the Closure Garage Door. Grab it in my studio over at sims4studio. Complete with open and closed states.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

That is brilliant.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • bamani71bamani71 Posts: 7 New Member
    How do you get the roof edge to go below the ground? I end up with a bizarre lip every time.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    @bamani71 You need to pull that part of the roof out as far as possible and then add a very slight curve on the roof as a whole.
    tumblr_p2rkzkaKSN1v8k7elo1_1280.png
    This roof is actually 3x3 - I've pulled out the lower side as far as possible. You need to use arrow circled in red, but you need to hold down shift will dragging it, because it will otherwise extend the other side of the roof too and you don't want that. Then used the ball shaped thing in the middle of the roof (circled in yellow) to slightly curve the roof so the lowest part will go slightly into the ground. Also choose a small roof trim so it won't protrude through the ground.
    I hope this helps :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member

I'm shook!! That's creative I like.
    giphy_1.gif