Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parity : Defend the male sims rights 😛

Comments

• KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Bumping this up because #MaleSimsMatter.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Well, on every other EA game cover art there's mainly just guys. And when there happens to be a girl on the cover of a game title, she's either in a thong or some skimpy outfit with huge breasts.

As such, I'm happy the Sims franchise is different in that regard. Thank you sims studio.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    There are at least twenty hairstyles males could use in this game. Just look around.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    meeoun wrote: Ā»
    Well, on every other EA game cover art there's mainly just guys. And when there happens to be a girl on the cover of a game title, she's either in a plum or some skimpy outfit with huge breasts.

As such, I'm happy the Sims franchise is different in that regard. Thank you sims studio.

Did you look at the box art the OP showed on the front the page?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,218 Member
    edited July 2017
    @meeoun wrote: Ā»
    And when there happens to be a girl on the cover of a game title, she's either in a plum or some skimpy outfit with huge breasts.

Not true, compared to The Sims 4 their breasts are tiny

1030900_LB_231x326_en_US_%5E_2015-06-09-16-57-20_b530ed3ed0ff42213dbd5ac4f41427325c8a3096.jpg1008780_LB_231_en_US_%5E_2013-02-25-10-05-57_9bc828580e883805f1a09b5dc5ed3eade44a542354bb9221c45a4ae19bc41e28.jpg

• ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    It's not just the clothes/content. Have noticed that as far back as Sims2 (don't remember if in TS1) the AI for male sims is 'dumber' than that for the female ones. For example, if a female sim has a low need she will usually take care of it. A male sim, even in desperation mode, will head for the nearest fun object.

Just like in real life.

(just kidding, just kidding...)
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like more male cas stuff to I play males in my game but I think there might be less clothing for men because they don't often dress up like women do and if they do dress up most of the time they wear a suit
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I would like more male cas stuff to I play males in my game but I think there might be less clothing for men because they don't often dress up like women do and if they do dress up most of the time they wear a suit

Does this prove females are frivolus, materalistic, fickle, (how many shoes do you need?) spend crazy? :D
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2017
    None of us is against the male Sim. its the nature of the game you play everyone. the men, woman children toddlers, we are everyone. They are our Sims. so they are us. Nobody hates nobody lol.... Got it?

We just got them to give us Pink. They had out little girls in boys clothes and shoes. and still, If you do not dress your little girl they will dress her in boys clothes.
    Women buy more clothes in real than men....do we even have maternity wear at all. and most of our shoes are just ugh. eww, the worst. We know we would not be caught dead in most of the shoe's woman have on the sims.
    We do not even have real wedding dresses, but men have a tuxedo's and do we have flowers and a veil, no.
    The men have most everything they wear in real lol. And they are happy.
    It takes you all day to match up something to wear. It can be done but its so mixed up . If they do give more clothes I want 75% of them to be for the Female :D
    I swear the designers must think we are color blind. they make nothing match lol. and they thought purple was pink.
    Do they really think it's ok that they dress the little girls in boys clothes for school. real little girls would cry :'( if they had to wear their brother's clothes and shoes to school. lol, shame but true.

Oh wait, I am supposed to be defending men. Ok, i am thinking?? Sim Men are Happy. :) They just want cars. so they are good,
    women have the problem.

The Sims are already defending men. how do I know?
    No maternity clothes, no wedding dresses, no Veils. no wedding flowers, :( And who but a man would ever, ever make a machine like that for a woman to give birth in. What is that anyway, and why is the doctor in there, it should be a mechanic :D lol and then what??

Next, the new mother just gave birth. seconds ago is now standing out front of the hospital alone trying to get a cab home. did not even let the woman rest in the hospital one minute. What do you get, one day off work? lol

Another thing, would it be so hard to let us cross our legs when we sit in a dress. :o

Defend men I don't think so! :p:*o:)

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    ~smirk~ Maybe they're trying to insinuate that the male sim is a playa? :p

But what do I know. I'm male and play the Sims. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited September 2017
    It's not just the clothes/content. Have noticed that as far back as Sims2 (don't remember if in TS1) the AI for male sims is 'dumber' than that for the female ones. For example, if a female sim has a low need she will usually take care of it. A male sim, even in desperation mode, will head for the nearest fun object.

HEY...I resemble that remark. :p IRL.

Wife: Why are you hopping around in "intestinal distress"?...why don't you just go to the bathroom?
    Me: But...I want to finish this level (of a game) or I'm too busy...(doing something fun).
    Wife: ~facepalm~.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited September 2017
    Not sure If I should call you nitpicker, but your very good observer OP ;) Perhaps it was no surprise If the cover art was intentionally imprinted to have dominated number with female sims since that's the gender demograhy gurus are aiming for anyway (confirmed).
    Kurotard wrote: Ā»
    Bumping this up because #MaleSimsMatter.

#MaleSimsMatterTo << use that, since you won't make it sound too exclusive ;)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    ok as a ken that likes ken :) I know Females like looking at good look males so the demo shouldn't mater lol MORE FOR MEN
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I agree males do need new CAS items. I do like some of the suits but I think they are slacking in many decent shirts, pants and shoes unless you like them wearing women's skin tight slacks? o.o
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

@BMSO

I don't see that changing unless one mods their game. Saw a pair of "skinny jeans" on the TS4 TSR site which seemed nice. Bruxel has a "double-breasted" suit and JanniBun did one for "single-breasted" suits.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    I use a lot of clothing and cosmetic clothing mods in my game already. >.<
    Thanks for the heads up though.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    Some may see this as a feminist conspiracy, I however, knowing just how easy it is to hook up with Sims in Sims 4, see that those might be the luckiest male Sims that have ever graced a Sims Box Cover. Especially the guy on the City Living box!
    edited September 2017
    I do the same for TS3. :D Mods are addictive, aren't they? :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,218 Member
    edited September 2017
    Some may see this as a feminist conspiracy, I however, knowing just how easy it is to hook up with Sims in Sims 4, see that those might be the luckiest male Sims that have ever graced a Sims Box Cover. Especially the guy on the City Living box!

Do they encourage the polygamy :p ????
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I suspect it's because the Sims fanbase is predominantly female, and they predominantly play female Sims.

Of course, people would probably play male Sims more often if they had some dang CAS options, but they're not gonna get those until people play more males. It's a vicious cycle.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited September 2017

Do they encourage the polygamy :p ????

No but I wish there was someway to diffine a relationship so my sims doing one night flings didn't go into jealous rages over eachother latter and allow for open marriages. I think it would allow more choices in gameplay at least.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    You're not... offended by this, are you? I mean, you think the cover designers are sexist or something? A collection of Femi-plum-zis, perchance?

You know the gender ratio playing Sims is about 3:1 for females, right? I'm surprised there's any males on those covers at all.

Females feature pretty heavily in the Sims 4 trailers too, which are designed to appeal to females. Family life! Romance! The Feels! That's not to say men don't play Sims, or there's something wrong with men who do. They just happen to be in the minority. So if there's more women on the cover, then EA knows their market.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited September 2017
    Loanet wrote: Ā»
    You're not... offended by this, are you? I mean, you think the cover designers are sexist or something? A collection of Femi-plum-zis, perchance?

You know the gender ratio playing Sims is about 3:1 for females, right? I'm surprised there's any males on those covers at all.

Females feature pretty heavily in the Sims 4 trailers too, which are designed to appeal to females. Family life! Romance! The Feels! That's not to say men don't play Sims, or there's something wrong with men who do. They just happen to be in the minority. So if there's more women on the cover, then EA knows their market.

As a female I play more male sims than female. I might be the odd goose out but I assume showing off how great looking the guys can be in the game is also just as appealing to a few ladies out there.

I'm not actually offended by this (the covers) but I am offended by the lack of options for men clothing and children/toddler clothing for making my sims.