Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAK: Pets render, box art and release date?

Comments

• blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    I love the look of the cats, but the dogs have that uncanny valley thing going on like in TS3. Weird, dull eyes, domed heads, flat colours, tiny ears.... Surely if this was an actual render they'd try and make a cute looking husky. It isn't that hard, they're one of the most beautiful dogs you can find.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    blugar44 wrote: »
    I love the look of the cats, but the dogs have that uncanny valley thing going on like in TS3. Weird, dull eyes, domed heads, flat colours, tiny ears.... Surely if this was an actual render they'd try and make a cute looking husky. It isn't that hard, they're one of the most beautiful dogs you can find.

I thought uncanny valley was looking too akin to live humans? Or am i thinking of something else?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2017
    Even though it comes from my country I gotta say it is fake. Amateurs.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    It is clearly fake because:
    - the maxis and EA logos have been pasted on not very well so they have pixelated edges
    - the girl is wearing pants from get together, EA would never promote or including content from another pack
    - and again they're both dressed in mostly base game clothes
    - the font for the expansion pack title is different
    - the icon is not flat like others have been
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2017
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited June 2017
    rudy8292 wrote: »

girl he lying

:trollface:
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    It's a GOOD render though. Like, 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Whoever made this is on a roll. I mean, the pets even have a slight Sims 4 vibe about them.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks those pets look awful? :sweat: They look cute, but I want them to be furry... not plastic looking. :disappointed:

They cannot look 'furry' cuz it won't suit the style. But I can imagine some of the pets with longer/shaggier fur would have those chunks of fur sticking out kinda like how the sims' hair are like (where you can see that it's layered).
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Fake render or not I think that's a preview of what the animals will actually look like.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Fake render or not I think that's a preview of what the animals will actually look like.

Whoever make that render doesn't know what the pets will actually look like.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think it's fake - for a start, cats and dogs won't be a Game Pack, but an Expansion Pack. Additionally, while it's a good try, the arrangement is terrible - the lamp and one cat are half off the screen, which a real cover designer wouldn't do.

All the items on a cover would be new.

CHALLENGE! Who can make the most convincing fake?!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I know this is fake, but this does remind me of that fake render we got before Dining Out and it turned out to be true. Most of us are certain Pets are coming either way, so this doesn't make me excited or angry because knowing how the sims look I have high hopes that the pets will be cute aswell. Not to mention, if pets are like toddlers i'll never install S2 or S3 again.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks those pets look awful? :sweat: They look cute, but I want them to be furry... not plastic looking. :disappointed:

Imagine the polycount tho :joy:

Oddly enough I like them as they are, unless someone can provide a more attractive render that isn't fully alpha keeping with the games style. Other than that I would love a doggo. A Shibe pupper <3 Ah damb adorable Shibe pupper with a rascal trait <3 Ah bless you op <3
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • iheartsimsforeveiheartsimsforeve Posts: 82 Member
    Am I the only one who think the cat kinda look like the Sims 2 cats.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited June 2017

I think the cats look perfect but the dogs definitely need some work. Just a giant fluff blob lol
    That more than likely wont be the final product though, considering that if the release date holds true, we still have about 5 months left and I'm sure things will be tweaked with some more.
  • mollytrollyzmollytrollyz Posts: 63 Member
    I'm actually really upset there probably won't be horses, dogs & cats are great but horses are something most people can't afford to own and having one in the sims 4 would be really cool
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am glad that it's fake. I hate the hair structure of the dogs. They don't look fluffy, they just look kind of fat...
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    EW and EW. I hope it is fake. I know Pets is coming and I am not looking forward to it.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I recall a similar event for Sims 3 pets. Where an internal trailer leaked and people assumed it wasn't legitimate because EA said so.

I'm on the fence with the render. Could be a prototype for their advertising that was never supposed to be seen by the public. With an expected Nov release date I wouldn't assume all of their marketing promo is fininalized, which would be why the sims are wearing 'old' stuff. Just speculation though, it could be the work of a talented faker.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    edited June 2017
    alan650111 wrote: »
    EW and EW. I hope it is fake. I know Pets is coming and I am not looking forward to it.

You and me both, weather should have been higher on the priority list than pets. Looks like it'll be a long time before and if we ever get seasons being that unfortunately we get University next year.
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member

If we get pets this year, then I want Seasons next year. Seasons is very important to the game and I really miss it so very much
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited June 2017
    Possibly fake or placeholder, but I'd be happy with those pets.

I want that grumpy cat, and that dog, and that dog...

Horses, though. :'(
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    FAKE!
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.