Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen lost his diary?

How do you journal? My teen hid his diary in his parents' bed and I can't find it anymore lol Or do you have to be in a certain mood for it?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2017
    Simpkin wrote: »
    How do you journal? My teen hid his diary in his parents' bed and I can't find it anymore lol Or do you have to be in a certain mood for it?
    You click on it and write in it but my teen lost her journal to. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    edited June 2017
    How do you all lose your sim's journals?? XD My sim's journal is probably just rotting under his bed. LOL. And no, they don't have to be in a certain mood. You should be able to see the "locate..." option on the bed.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    If it was in his inventory and you switched households. He could have left it somewhere, on a public lot. I have had some do this before. I'll be at a venue, playing another family, one of my other sims will show up, pull out their homework or a book, then leave the book laying. When I switch back to that household. The book/homework is gone.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't rotate, only play one household. I guess I have to buy a new one for him then.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Have you tried the book shelves my sims like to put things away.
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Have you tried the book shelves my sims like to put things away.

I second this. Started rotational play and when I got back to the household w/ a journal I found it in the bookshelves.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • smokinhot214smokinhot214 Posts: 12 New Member
    oh yeah I did that too at one point. good stuff
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Mine lose their journals all the time as well actually. It's odd :)
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    My teen lost her journal after putting it under her bed, too. I thought it was because she had a CC bed, but maybe not? I know I had her put it under the bed, but there was never any option to "locate" it, so I just bought her a new one and I'll have her only keep it in her inventory from now on.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    A sim in my game m isplaced her journal because she visited another sim's house, began writing, then left it there.
    Oh my god! I'm so stupid, you guys. Sorry! :D I just remembered I deleted the bed. I put the same one in there but like...not the one I deleted, the same type but a new one. :D Cause it looks/is the same I forgot I had deleted it. I guess the diary went with it.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Oh my god! I'm so plum, you guys. Sorry! :D I just remembered I deleted the bed. I put the same one in there but like...not the one I deleted, the same type but a new one. :D Cause it looks/is the same I forgot I had deleted it. I guess the diary went with it.

Did the diary go to the family inventory maybe?
  • LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    Diaries, like homework, sometimes end up in bookshelves. I ended up buying my child a second journal, hoping that they kept separate memories so that all the sad memories would be contained in one. Is this possible?
  • DebriskaDebriska Posts: 5 New Member
    My sim hid their diary under the bed but now when I try to locate it the diary in the menu turned grey instead of blue, so I cant select it. Does anybody know why?
    Debriska wrote: »
    My sim hid their diary under the bed but now when I try to locate it the diary in the menu turned grey instead of blue, so I cant select it. Does anybody know why?

I dunno why but doesn't it say why when you hover over the gray text? It should explain.
  • DanaUmlautDanaUmlaut Posts: 7 New Member
    My Sims lose their homework all the time. Drives me mad. I am assuming this is something from the Parenthood pack? Yay something else I can look forward to disappearing!
  • DebriskaDebriska Posts: 5 New Member
    > I dunno why but doesn't it say why when you hover over the gray text? It should explain.

When I hover over the text it just tells me the name of the journal in this case 'Andy Delgadillo's Private Journal' it doesn't tell me why :/
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm pretty sure a little townie girl who keeps visiting my Sims' house is stealing stuff, including the teen journal one of them had on his desk.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I keep forgetting about the journal!!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    My teen lost her journal after putting it under her bed, too. I thought it was because she had a CC bed, but maybe not? I know I had her put it under the bed, but there was never any option to "locate" it, so I just bought her a new one and I'll have her only keep it in her inventory from now on.

Check all the other beds to make sure -- my Sim hid his journal under his brother's bed (they share a room).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I've had to replace my sim's journal at least 4 times. He's not hiding it either. It is in his inventory, he goes to school and work and somewhere in between it is gone. Since he lives alone and is raising a toddler, it is about the only way to up Emotional Control for him. On the bright side, so far I've managed to maintain maxed out Manners, Responsibility and Emotional Control. Still working on Empathy and Conflict Resolution.
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    If your Sims journal goes missing check buy mode's household inventory before buying a new one. I've had it pop up there a couple times. If it's not there or under any beds the it's probably gone (the sim either left it somewhere, another sim stole it intentionally or accidentally, or it glitched off to somewhere).

Also if you play rotationally I've found it best to put it in the bookshelf before rotating away, as uncontrolled Sims have a proclitivity to lose journals when they go to write in them (kids/teens with journals will write in them if they have them in their inventory as you play with other households).
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    My sims journals always goes missing the one way or another. I had a teen sim hide her journal underneat her parents bed. Then later she couldn't retrieve it at all. Bought a new one, put it on her desk instead. Then one day her younger sister had a friend on a visit. This friend just casually went into the big sisters bedroom and wrote in her diary... Then she took it!

Found it later in her own room when I changed household.

They should make it so the journal's is locked to one sim and no one else can use them.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The journal is great for emotional control.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    The journal is great for emotional control.

yes that's probably why it's there. I just had my teen excessively journal to get the trait.