Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

+ or - happy or sad and parenthood glitch-RESOLVED

GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
Okay, I don't think its called a moodlet but when two sims are building a relationship you get the +1 above the sims head and if things take a turn for the worse you get the -1. Except mine shows up all the time as in either, fading in and out above my sims head even when they are not interacting with each other. It's not just the playable sims but for NPCs too. This is not game-quit worthy but it is annoying. A reset will stop it for a few seconds but the moment they interact again it comes back.

Secondly, ever since I got the parenthood game pack if one of my child sims is in school has an action, (can't remember a scenario so I'll make one up.) "Tommy encountered Bill at school and he forgot to bring his lunch. Should Tommy share? Well there is only ever one option and it doesn't work
so as soon as the message pops up I know I will have to force quit and restart my game. I can't get pass this message and no clicking on it works.

I searched for these two issues for the last 15 minutes and did not find them so I decided to post here. I have tons of cc so I'm wondering if its a conflict. I will probably try and play with mods and scripts disabled to see if it makes a difference but I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this.
mWC1gjz.gif
Post edited by Gege on

Comments

• JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    The first problem sounds like you might have an older version of UI Cheats Extention, if that is a mod you have in your game, there is an updated version. What I would do is instead of disabling your Mods/CC in the game, is remove them to another part of your PC and do a test save, you should also delete your localthumbcache before you start your game because it can hold a lot of junk, is not needed and your game will make a new one.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    lilonesub wrote: »
    The first problem sounds like you might have an older version of UI Cheats Extention, if that is a mod you have in your game, there is an updated version. What I would do is instead of disabling your Mods/CC in the game, is remove them to another part of your PC and do a test save, you should also delete your localthumbcache before you start your game because it can hold a lot of junk, is not needed and your game will make a new one.

yes, I do have this. I had forgotten as its been a while since I used it. Will try what you have said. I recently cleared out all my cache but will do so again. Thank you!
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Gege wrote: »
    lilonesub wrote: »

yes, I do have this. I had forgotten as its been a while since I used it. Will try what you have said. I recently cleared out all my cache but will do so again. Thank you!

you are welcome, hope it helps.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    @lilionesub its resolved, thank you! I didn't get a chance to play until I got from work today. :)
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • SierraaaaaaaSierraaaaaaa Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Gege said:
    > Okay, I don't think its called a moodlet but when two sims are building a relationship you get the +1 above the sims head and if things take a turn for the worse you get the -1. Except mine shows up all the time as in either, fading in and out above my sims head even when they are not interacting with each other. It's not just the playable sims but for NPCs too. This is not game-quit worthy but it is annoying. A reset will stop it for a few seconds but the moment they interact again it comes back.
    >
    > Secondly, ever since I got the parenthood game pack if one of my child sims is in school has an action, (can't remember a scenario so I'll make one up.) "Tommy encountered Bill at school and he forgot to bring his lunch. Should Tommy share? Well there is only ever one option and it doesn't work
    > so as soon as the message pops up I know I will have to force quit and restart my game. I can't get pass this message and no clicking on it works.
    >
    >
    > I searched for these two issues for the last 15 minutes and did not find them so I decided to post here. I have tons of cc so I'm wondering if its a conflict. I will probably try and play with mods and scripts disabled to see if it makes a difference but I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this.

Did you ever get a resolution for the second problem? I have that problem and it is honestly really annoying so I was wondering if you knew. ☺️
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    > @Gege said:
    > Okay, I don't think its called a moodlet but when two sims are building a relationship you get the +1 above the sims head and if things take a turn for the worse you get the -1. Except mine shows up all the time as in either, fading in and out above my sims head even when they are not interacting with each other. It's not just the playable sims but for NPCs too. This is not game-quit worthy but it is annoying. A reset will stop it for a few seconds but the moment they interact again it comes back.
    >
    > Secondly, ever since I got the parenthood game pack if one of my child sims is in school has an action, (can't remember a scenario so I'll make one up.) "Tommy encountered Bill at school and he forgot to bring his lunch. Should Tommy share? Well there is only ever one option and it doesn't work
    > so as soon as the message pops up I know I will have to force quit and restart my game. I can't get pass this message and no clicking on it works.
    >
    >
    > I searched for these two issues for the last 15 minutes and did not find them so I decided to post here. I have tons of cc so I'm wondering if its a conflict. I will probably try and play with mods and scripts disabled to see if it makes a difference but I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this.

Did you ever get a resolution for the second problem? I have that problem and it is honestly really annoying so I was wondering if you knew. ☺️

Hello @Sierraaaaaaa
    As your sim levels up in the parenting skill , they will gain more options.
    If pressing on the one option is not working, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.