Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Expansion Pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think someone mentioned that all the expansions work together to create the most awesome world and that's how I feel. But to the OP, the expansion that changed the way I play was OFB. Nearly all of my stay-at-home parents got a business to run. That became my favorite activity - creating interesting and different businesses to run, trying to earn badges, get excellent employees, etc. It also delighted me that my currently non-played Sims would buy things from these shops and I would find the items in their inventory! I love that!

Seasons was a big one for me as was Pets. Those two added SO much RL experience into TS2. And Pets caused me to put fences around all my houses to keep the dogs from digging things up. *laughs* Most of my families got pets and I started to include them in my family notes.
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I had some favorites in The Sims 1 (Livin' Large, Hot Date... and the music from Superstar). In The Sims 2, it's less straightforward. My latest expansion pack is currently Seasons, but I'm planning to buy Bon Voyage, Apartment Life, Happy Holiday Stuff, and Mansion & Garden Stuff (the return of ceiling fans!).

They all seem to add something cool. Often my favorite thing from an expansion pack isn't really from the theme, but from the quality of life improvements. University lets you age-up the teens, even townies, plus new jobs, lifetime wants, and a long hairstyle for men. Nightlife adds cars and the essential Downtown. Open for Business adds Servo, job outfits, and the life-saving ability to put leftover food away.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    For me my top two will always be University and Apartment Life. Uni just because it was so darned fun and Apartment Life because it gave me my favorite little witches of the entire Sims franchise.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I wish I could edit my post...

On the downside, I am avoiding FreeTime for two reasons.
    1. the hobby system 2. retconning the lifetime want's permaplatinum status

Some of the new objects look cool though.

And apparently Seasons added the leftovers.
  • Options
    beladanibeladani Posts: 61 Member
    My favourite was Open for buisness. I loved the perk System, it was innovative. When I go back to The Sims 2, I always play with this Ep the most.
    pncFLnjBj
  • Options
    PeachesnDucksPeachesnDucks Posts: 1,537 Member
    Seasons is my favorite then Pets. After playing all versions of the game, Sims 2 pets are still some of my favorites.
  • Options
    MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    I can't pick just one but my top three in no particular order is Bon voyage, apartment life and pets. I played the sims 2 for the longest time without any dlc, and the first pack I got for it was Bon Voyage, so i might be a bit nostalgic, but I really love taking my sims on vacations. Apartment life has the best apartments of all sims games, and I find that pets in sims 2 are a lot more lovable than in sims 3.(I actually prefer not being able to control them). I don't dislike any expansion though.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    This brings me back to those memories of where I would take near 45 minutes just to decide what expansion pack I wanted next. It didn't bother me, I had fun comparing and contrasting the features and which I'd enjoy more at the time. Though, I'm sure the store employees thought I was a bit odd lol.

My top 3: ( In no order)

University
    Seasons
    Open For Business

I couldn't play without those, they expanded my gameplay in so many areas.
  • Options
    frutillefrutille Posts: 10 New Member
    I love Seasons, Bon Voyage and University. Specially University because introduced something brand new to the sims.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    MEP199 wrote: »
    I can't pick just one but my top three in no particular order is Bon voyage, apartment life and pets. I played the sims 2 for the longest time without any dlc, and the first pack I got for it was Bon Voyage, so i might be a bit nostalgic, but I really love taking my sims on vacations. Apartment life has the best apartments of all sims games, and I find that pets in sims 2 are a lot more lovable than in sims 3.(I actually prefer not being able to control them). I don't dislike any expansion though.

Bon Voyage was fun and different. I mostly played it for honeymooning Sims.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Makin' Magic and Superstar will always be my Favorites. :mrgreen:

TS2 was University... it added LTWs, Young Adults, Games, so much to the Base Game... then Night Life- Turn ons, More Things to do - dates, outings, groups... such fun. =D