The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Island in Windenburg is utterly devastating

plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Island

670.png

Seriously.

A brilliant idea of an island home - except for the fact that your Sims have to share it.

It is like having the winning numbers on a multi-million lottery and finding out that you are not the only one.

Why in the world would anyone think it was a brilliant idea to NOT have an exclusive island for OUR Sims household to live on?
The_Island_Map.png

A single lot island would have been totally awesome - a paradise for our Sims when they are mega-rich.

Is there nothing in TS4 that is sacred for our Sims?

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    It should have been an exclusive island home for a single household.

Editing it will probably be fruitless because half the world will probably spawn their like they have their own private teleporter.

It will be crawling with Sims wandering around like confident rodents.
  • HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    I rather like it that there's more lots. Neighbors can be useful sometimes ;) Also, I feel that my house is pretty secluded anyway when I play on the Island (mostly because of trees). There's not a lot of Sims roaming around either.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have not really ever seen walkby sims in the island.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    Really?

I may have a go at it then.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    It should have been an exclusive island home for a single household.

Editing it will probably be fruitless because half the world will probably spawn their like they have their own private teleporter.

It will be crawling with Sims wandering around like confident rodents.

The island doesn't get any natural foot traffic aside from the mail person if you clear it out. The only tine it dies is if you have a shop on it and then only when the shop is open. Or if there's some sort of event going on for one of active careers.

It's the best spot currently in the game if you want to do a historical type challenge/play through. You can occasionally see a sail boat on the water but that's about it for modern intrusions other then the mail person.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Really?

I may have a go at it then.

I have even wandered round the island with a sim picking flowers and whatnot and not seen any other sim. All my lots are residential there, except one, which is a makeshift nightclub. I have also set that lot as the meeting place as the hangout for 3 clubs of hand selected sims and they are the only ones that appear there.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If you bulldoze the other houses no one else will move there. You could put some generic lots there if you want also to use the space. Of course you have to loading screen in to those areas but it could remain pretty much exclusive to you also that way. Fill them up with things you want to do.. plants... Shrines to Bella even.
    egTcBMc.png
    I am not going to bother with it - I'll have to move out the families living on the island and re-home them.

The island should have been a special place for our Sims.

If it were down to me, we would have had an exclusive island.

I was having a good day today before finding out that Bargain Bend is not called Bargain Bend - then I find the island and find half the world living on it.
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited June 2017
    You do have the Bluffs. You can build on that and make a residential lot. It only has a single lot.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    That island-solitude of the super-rich and super-arrogant? Let me check in my game... nope, no such island there. I only see a huge beach amusement mile for sims from all around the Windenburg Bay and all walks of life.
    Except for the Bluffs, of course. Don't set a toe there if you aren't affiliated with the Villareal.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017
    It holds my Collinwood, the Evans' home, Barnabas' Old House, Ben's (aks Professor Stokes) cabin, Nickolas Blair's Seabreeze house that Victoria and Burke were going to buy at one time, it's very important to me just the way it is/designed. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It holds my Collinwood, the Evans' home, Barnabas' Old House, Ben's (aks Professor Stokes) cabin, Nickolas Blair's Seabreeze house that Victoria and Burke were going to buy at one time, it's very important to me just the way it is/designed. :D

I've been watching them. The sound effects are great and that island is perfect for it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    The island is surprisingly private. I never get unwanted visitors on it except the mailwoman who walks in from the back and through my front door to deliver me my bills. However, a private island would be pretty sick. . . . Something I could definitely see in an island vacation-type pack.
    6riwm5.png
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2017
    I am not going to bother with it - I'll have to move out the families living on the island and re-home them.

The island should have been a special place for our Sims.

If it were down to me, we would have had an exclusive island.

I was having a good day today before finding out that Bargain Bend is not called Bargain Bend - then I find the island and find half the world living on it.

Like many have said if you delete every lot on the island it will be your special island.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It's my favorite neighborhood in teh whole game, & perfect for an "off the grid" family. Maybe if they do an Island Paradise type EP (please, please, please!) they'll put a private island or two in that world.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    I still have yet to visit this island in-game - I've only seen the pictures of it.

It's the aggressive hassle of knowing that Maxis stuck several household there that will need re-homing.

It is very inconvenient.
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Murder your neighbors.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    I love Windenburg Island. It's perfect to place some special sims there or play special stories because it is kind of disconnected from the rest of the sims' world. For example, I'm currently playing my Robinson-Crusoe challenge there and will probably place Hogwarts there in case we won't get a magical neighbourhood.
    edited June 2017
    I am going to go and visit the island now.

I have never looked at it in-game and I might just like it enough to attempt to move the other households into suitable accommodation.

However, we really, really, really to the point of total exactness, should have been given a island for a solitary household - even if it meant having an additional single-lot island.

EDIT:
    Once I can around the highly vicious Origin update that is trying to download whilst Steam is downloading. They certainly know when to pick their moments.
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I didn't even know there was an island... :o
    aD9wyNW.jpg
    WAIT A MINUTE!

There is a single-lot Island!!!!!

The Island Bluff thing - ie the ruins and the swimming pool.
    Island Bluff is located in Windenburg. Located on the island north of the residential islands, it contains a uniquely designed pool. It also has a bonfire and is directly near the sea. Many people say that it is not recommended to search for collectibles there since it is often difficult to find them and they come in smaller quantities. It is also a place to spot the Sea Monster.

I just deleted the pool and the ruins and stuck a house there.

It is a 30 x 30 lot.

Shame about the graffiti on the back wall though.
    I have my own island - It is actually mine!!!

I am looking at it now.

I am going to put a better house on it - but you can stick an up to 30 x 30 one on it.