Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurants absolutly bugged

I cannot play restaurants anymore. When I have people going to a restaurant, they will never stay seated. They will either want to do the dishes, go contemplate something, even the hand towels in the bathroom, sing, do their homeworks, play the violin, go in another room than the dining room to play on their tablet, or leave the restaurant to go jogging. If childrens are in the restaurant they will constantly put paint everywhere and the Sims will want to go and clean. If you stop the action, like doing the dishes for example, and force them to sit, they will sit for 2 seconds than rise up again to do something else. It's a pity. I loved sending my sims to restaurants because it was a good way to have them socialize and raise the friendliness or romantic bar, since they had to stay seated. Now it is just simply unplayable. We pay for the game, whe should be able to play it.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues in your game with restaurants.
    SimGuruNick posted about the jogging issue in this link thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/15853206/#Comment_15853206
    Have y'all only been seeing this issue on restaurant lots? We've reproduced this on restaurant lots specifically, with any NPC who has the Active trait.

The issue with wanting to do dishes, is affecting sims who had a high level in manners when a child. This thread on the AHQ EA site thread refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-PH-Wash-dishes-spamming/m-p/6094381#M38928
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Hi @rosemow Thank you for your answer. I did not play those sims as children so they do not have a high level in manners. And it does not explain the need to sing all the time, and contemplate everything and get up all the time.
    I am sorry that you have these issues. Does it occur in all the restaurants in your game? Try testing to see if the same things occur from one restaurant to another.
    Hi @rosemow. Yes, alas! In all restaurants.
    I am sorry that you are having these restaurant issues :(
    I am not sure if it will help , but you could try resetting the sims 4 folder and seeing if that perhaps may help.
    To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
    edited June 2017
    @rosemow I have done this to no avail. Other players on the French forum have reported similar problems with restaurants. I am suspecting that the problem is caused by the parent pack since i did not have it before I installed the pack. So I am now reinstalling the game without the parent pack and I will see if that helps. I will report results on the forum.
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @rosemow I have done this to no avail. Other players on the French forum have reported similar problems with restaurants. I am suspecting that the problem is caused by the parent pack since i did not have it before I installed the pack. So I am now reinstalling the game without the parent pack and I will see if that helps. I will report results on the forum.

It will be good to read the results of your testing.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    What you could try is turning off autonomy just before you go to the restaurant and turn it back on once you get back home.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

Good idea @lilonesub. I will try that.
    So, I tested the game without the Parenting pack. It did, of course, stop the children from putting paint everywhere and the Sims from cleaning it. But it dit not better things more than that. So I put the Parenting pack back, and sent my family to the restaurant with the autonomy off as suggested by @lilonesub. Not perfect, but much better. The family stayed seated. No contemplating this, and that, no washing, the dishes, no doing their homeworks. They stayed seated and enjoyed their meal and the conversation. Other Sims would still come and pester them though, even bringing their meal and beverages with them, or would play an instrument if they have it in their inventory, or would start singing at their table. But at least I can now send my sims to the restaurant.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    So, I tested the game without the Parenting pack. It did, of course, stop the children from putting paint everywhere and the Sims from cleaning it. But it dit not better things more than that. So I put the Parenting pack back, and sent my family to the restaurant with the autonomy off as suggested by @lilonesub. Not perfect, but much better. The family stayed seated. No contemplating this, and that, no washing, the dishes, no doing their homeworks. They stayed seated and enjoyed their meal and the conversation. Other Sims would still come and pester them though, even bringing their meal and beverages with them, or would play an instrument if they have it in their inventory, or would start singing at their table. But at least I can now send my sims to the restaurant.

Sorry it wasn't a perfect solution, it does seem like it helped a bit and wasn't as frustrating this time round.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

It is good that turning off autonomy has helped with the issue. Although there are still issues occurring, it is good that having your sims go to the restaurant will be more enjoyable this way.
    @lilonesub I would way it helped a lot! :)
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I'm having the same problem and I don't even have the Parenting pack. Sims are all over the place and I can definitely say this didn't used to be an issue. Sometimes my order won't come in/somehow cancels out and I'd have to reorder. Sigh.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I had a similar problem a little while back not long after installing Parenthood. I mentioned it in detail on another thread, but it's just as you said in your OP. It's now incredibly difficult to get sims to eat at restaurants, specifically larger groups of sims. I had a group of six sims (one of which was from a different household and unplayed), and I couldn't get the sims to stay seated for more than five minutes. If the parents weren't attempting to dance together to the venue wall speaker (weird, since I've never seen a sim do that autonomously before), the children were attempting to do their homework or wash dishes due to their manners and responsibility values traits. They would cancel every conversation frequently to do something else, and the only sim who remained seated and acted normally was the unplayed sim. I got so fed up that my sims went home exhausted and practically starving that night.

I have virtually no issues with smaller groups of sims, except for a sim getting up occasionally to jog. If they're in an Energized mood or have the Active trait, you can bet they'll leave the table at least once to work off the calories. Other than that, my suspicion is that the tendency for sims to leave their tables is due to their values traits and/or due to relatives now wanting to perform actions together to create a sense of familial bonding. I'm glad my sims want to bond with their relatives and act based on their values, but I think ya'll can bond over sitting quietly and eating. :lol: Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon. In the meantime, I'll avoid sending larger groups to restaurants and/or turn off autonomy.
    edited July 2017
    Thank you for your feedback @klestrella. Turning off the autonomy has helped in my case. But we do need a fix from EA.

And then, not that much. The played family stays seated but all the other Sims do....anything at all except what they are supposed to do.
    Post edited by Ziafar on